Page 1598 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... LastLast
Results 39,926 to 39,950 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Political campaigns texting me. Do they really think that shit works?
    Triggering!

This must end!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I think I've gotten five texts and emails from Biden today. Doesn't he have a country to run?

Edit--just got another one. Isn't he up too late. Old people need their sleep.

I've had the same # for 20 years and haven't lived in that state for at least half that. 90% of the spam I get is mistargeted.

Super easy to send to spam, only time I see them is if I'm cleaning the box.

I got exactly one text for a state office. I replied “fuck off” and never heard back.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Show of hands. Who wants to ride with a pilot that hasn't seen recurrent training or a check-ride for a decade?
    Guys, why are you comparing apples to donuts here? As Danno said, in my profession CE is a joke for someone who has been doing it for 30+ years. I have taken the EXACT SAME COURSE since 2011 to fulfill my annual CE requirements. Maybe it is just me, but after the first few times I got it. I am not learning anything new from CE, it is not refreshing any skill set I lost, it is just a box that needs to be ticked off per Frank Dodd. Just take my word for it. Jeezuz.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

You were the one doubling down on the comparison.

….and it’s Dodd Frank.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    You were the one doubling down on the comparison.

….and it’s Dodd Frank.
    I mean... this is pretty funny.

That you guys are petty as fuck? If you say so.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act came out in 2010, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole legislation has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the regs a big boost. They've been compared to Paul Volcker, but I think Barney has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Shit that annoys you

Made all the more clear and crisp by contrast with the muddled, lobbyist driven musings of Dick Durbin.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act came out in 2010, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole legislation has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the regs a big boost. They've been compared to Paul Volcker, but I think Barney has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Yep.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (Why is deer the plural of deer, but bear gets an s.)
    Because rabid NFL fans would go nutz if you changed it ???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Made all the more clear and crisp by contrast with the muddled, lobbyist driven musings of Dick Durbin.
    I've been a big Glass-Steagall fan ever since the release of their 1933 album, Banks be Runnin' Too Much. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Durbin where lobbyists' presence became more apparent. I think Gramm-Leach-Bliley was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three laws.

Shit that annoys you

GLBA was indeed a masterpiece; as covers go, Phil, Jim, and Tom showed us how it’s done when they dared to reimagine Glass-Steagall. I celebrate the entire catalog. It was a breath of fresh air coming out of the doldrums of the 90s that included duds like the TISA (oh I can’t advertise a thousandth of a percent, say what?) which was a poorly conceived sequel of the classic TILA of the 60’s.

Edit: My favorite, though…. My guilty pleasure…. Is the ever-controversial EFTA, or American Arts Gold Medallion Act, or Regulation E as it’s colloquially known. At once bold and brash and subtle and pernicious. Every time I cross it I’m left with some fresh new take that recasts everything I thought I knew.
    focus.

Shit that annoys you

None of that is to take anything away from some of the strong, but more obscure, independent numbers out there, like the Gowen Letter. Chopra and his cronies have tried to jump on that bandwagon but their works all reek like mass market autotune.
    focus.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Goddammit, people - if you really have NO idea how to drive a car, don't get in and drive a fuckin' car.

Today it was a lady that wanted to turn left... not from one of the double left turn lanes, but from the through lane beside the turn lanes. And you suppose she figured it out and went straight and sorted it out at the next place to turn?

None of that is to take anything away from some of the strong, but more obscure, independent numbers out there, like the Gowen Letter.
    That dude was a strange animal

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    ,people

Fify

Shit that annoys you

Went to buy our family pass at the local hill to take advantage of “early bird” rates. They canceled online ticket sales for family passes because of abuse, apparently, and family passes could only be purchased between 3pm and 5pm on Tuesday or Wednesday (no exaggeration). I bailed out of work a little early to hit the hill on the way home (it’s literally on the way home, which mitigates my annoyance enough to put up with the BS).

So it’s a long-ass line at the end of the day… the kicker, they require birth certificates and marriage certificates. Initially they wanted all of that before they’d sell the pass, which, I didn’t have. I pressed and they agreed to let us provide proof when we actually picked up the passes. When I told them I don’t actually have birth certificates handy at home either (my ex wife has those) they said a copy of my tax returns would be fine. I didn’t even ask about the lack of a marriage certificate with my partner because… we aren’t married. Maybe they’ll settle for a copy of our mortgage???

Is this at all normal?
    focus.

Jfc, that’s insane Mustonen. None of that is normal. Not even sure legally they can ask for all of that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    …. And you suppose she figured it out and went straight and sorted it out at the next place to turn?

I’m confident the answer is no

Went to buy our family pass at the local hill to take advantage of “early bird” rates. They canceled online ticket sales for family passes because of abuse, apparently, and family passes could only be purchased between 3pm and 5pm on Tuesday or Wednesday (no exaggeration). I bailed out of work a little early to hit the hill on the way home (it’s literally on the way home, which mitigates my annoyance enough to put up with the BS).

So it’s a long-ass line at the end of the day… the kicker, they require birth certificates and marriage certificates. Initially they wanted all of that before they’d sell the pass, which, I didn’t have. I pressed and they agreed to let us provide proof when we actually picked up the passes. When I told them I don’t actually have birth certificates handy at home either (my ex wife has those) they said a copy of my tax returns would be fine. I didn’t even ask about the lack of a marriage certificate with my partner because… we aren’t married. Maybe they’ll settle for a copy of our mortgage???

Is this at all normal?
    Normal? No, but a lot of small business owners drive themselves crazy trying to avoid being ripped off. They’d be better off raising the price of the family pass a little or eliminating it entirely than making people jump through ridiculous hoops.

People will tolerate a bunch to save a few hundy