Page 1372 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 ... LastLast
Results 34,276 to 34,300 of 46183
    Take it to the things that amuse you thread.

Back on track, people that pull up to a fueling station and maybe they fuel, maybe they just go inside and shop. Either way there is no spot at the pumps for those of us who just want to put gas in our vehicles. This AM I pull in and there is a Sprinter Van (don't get me started) blocking both pumps and not doing anything. I walk up to his window (on his phone) and ask if he is fueling? "In a minute" he says.

I suggested he perform a sexual act upon himself.

I think he was more annoyed than amused.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

With masks mandates over in VT for vaccinated folk, the people who wander around with a chin diaper or dick nosing fucking aggrevate me. Wear it properly or don't fucking wear it. Ya, this could go in two other different threads. It belongs here because it's fucking annoying.

that’s always been annoying
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I have a theory that people who wear a mask that doesn't cover their nose have covid and can't feel their nose. Best to avoid them.

I have learned that really I should just avoid most people.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I have learned that really I should just avoid most people.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I referenced Bogart as an actor and also as the subject of a Little Feat song in relation to the “don’t Bogart that …..”. Are you this obtuse in real life? It’s all there in my post.

Poor reading comprehension is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We’re cool

Unless you Bogard the joint
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Time off!? For a holiday? In the US!!?!?!?? Hardeee har har that’s funny.
    You mean holidays like memorial day and July 4th aren't paid holidays where 90% of stuff is closed? Statutory holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Rolled through the drive in coffee shop this morning to get some joe and a breakfast sammy. Get the goods then give the guy at the window my card. Had the following convo:
    him: "Sir do you have another card?"
    me: "no. why?"
    him: "because my machine is having a hard time reading your card."
    me:".................."
    him: "Do you have any cash?"
    me: "no."
    him: "So.........."
    me: "So what?"
    him: "So since my machine can't read your card, I am going to need the coffee and sandwich back."
    me: "Are you serious?"
    him: "Yes."

Handed the shit back, drove to Starbucks, no issues. Fucking annoying.
    Those silly Americans always swiping their credit cards to pay for things. What kind of a shithole country doesn't have ubiquitous tap-to-pay in 2021?

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You mean holidays like memorial day and July 4th aren't paid holidays where 90% of stuff is closed? Statutory holidays?
    Pretty much yeah that’s exactly what I mean. I guess I don’t study this shit but it sure seems to me that holiday time, especially paid, is becoming more and more out of reach for Americans. And 90% closed? Hmmm… MAYBE from 6pm 12/24 to noon 12/25 you MIGHT see numbers that high if you only look at storefronts. There are of course other jobs. But no of course I don’t literally mean that nobody gets any holidays off.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Breaking my glasses so now I can’t read any of the trg
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Pretty much yeah that’s exactly what I mean. I guess I don’t study this shit but it sure seems to me that holiday time, especially paid, is becoming more and more out of reach for Americans. And 90% closed? Hmmm… MAYBE from 6pm 12/24 to noon 12/25 you MIGHT see numbers that high if you only look at storefronts. There are of course other jobs. But no of course I don’t literally mean that nobody gets any holidays off.

Huh. Well I had no idea. That sort of shit would piss me off.

In Canada we get the following which are country-wide days off as far as I know. And if you have to work then you get either time off in lieu or double pay. I'm 99% certain this is the law:
    January 1 - new years day
    Good Friday
    3rd Monday in May - Victoria Day
    July 1 - Canada Day
    1st Monday in September - Labour Day
    3rd Monday in October - Thanksgiving Day
    December 25 - Festivus

Like even your minimum wage burger flipper would qualify for some form of paid holiday for these.

Then there are the other days sort of scattered about the provinces that I don't think are legal requirements to have paid time off but for the most part people still get it:
    3rd Monday in February - Family Day
    1st Monday in August - Civic Holiday

Certain provinces have their own variations but for the most part this is what happens up north.

"Hodl"

Stonks is (kinda) funny, and often an apt description.

Teh happened organically.

Hodl is just contrived.

The email 'cc game

Back up alarms on vehicles.

Surely not that many people used to get killed in reversing accidents to make them worthwhile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pretty sure no body could back up before back alarms were invented.

When you go to the pharmacy with a prescription from a doctor
    Then you come back to pick it up and they tell you they can't fill it.
    Because they need a prior authorization

"But doesn't that prescription sort of tell you it's been authorized prior to now"?

No, that's not how it works. The pharmacy has to fax the Rx filled out by the doctor back to the doctor for them to authorize.
    And no, we are not talking about a controlled substance.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Well, in fairness, a former neighbor ran over one of her kids when backing out of the garage. Put him in a wheelchair for life.
    They had like 7 kids and she lost track of all their positions.
    This was before back up alarms and cameras on Suburbans.

Backup alarms on vehicles where the driver cannot see behind the vehicle don't seem like a terrible idea to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Huh. Well I had no idea. That sort of shit would piss me off.

In Canada we get the following which are country-wide days off as far as I know. And if you have to work then you get either time off in lieu or double pay. I'm 99% certain this is the law:
    January 1 - new years day
    Good Friday
    3rd Monday in May - Victoria Day
    July 1 - Canada Day
    1st Monday in September - Labour Day
    3rd Monday in October - Thanksgiving Day
    December 25 - Festivus

Like even your minimum wage burger flipper would qualify for some form of paid holiday for these.

Then there are the other days sort of scattered about the provinces that I don't think are legal requirements to have paid time off but for the most part people still get it:
    3rd Monday in February - Family Day
    1st Monday in August - Civic Holiday

Certain provinces have their own variations but for the most part this is what happens up north.
    I thought Boxing day was a stat holiday? I always got that off.

US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list. Companies I've worked for down here did not give any day off over Easter.

Some other days people can get off -
    Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday in Jan)
    President's Day (3rd Monday in Feb)
    Veterans Day (Nov 11)

Last company I worked for only had 7 stat holidays. Later they added Presidents Day and also gave us two flexible holiday days we could use on any holiday that mattered to us. I thought that was a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I thought Boxing day was a stat holiday? I always got that off.

US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list. Companies I've worked for down here did not give any day off over Easter.

Some other days people can get off -
    Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday in Jan)
    President's Day (3rd Monday in Feb)
    Veterans Day (Nov 11)

Last company I worked for only had 7 stat holidays. Later they added Presidents Day and also gave us two flexible holiday days we could use on any holiday that mattered to us. I thought that was a cool idea.
    Apparently boxing day is only a holiday in Ontario so I left it off the list.

I get friday and monday off at easter - it's nice. There's a push to make Nov 11 remembrance day a national holiday as well but I don't really care because any day in November anywhere in Canada sucks ass. We need an early June Veteran Memorial Honor Day or something like that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list.
    Many companies do, but it's certainly no given. I sort of like the system my company uses. We get Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and the two days at Thanksgiving, but the entire week between Christmas and New Year's. From New Year's to Memorial Day is a long haul, but that's what vacation time is for...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

"But doesn't that prescription sort of tell you it's been authorized prior to now"?

No, that's not how it works. The pharmacy has to fax the Rx filled out by the doctor back to the doctor for them to authorize.
    I thought it was possible to buy boner pills online these days.

I don't get "Black Friday" officially, but am allowed to trade Veterans Day for it, and they pretty much always give us one extra day to use on black Friday or Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Hm. I was under the impression that prior authorization has to do with whether insurance will cover the medication.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'm crap at convoluted sarcasm.