Page 1186 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 ... LastLast
Results 29,626 to 29,650 of 30112
  1. #29626
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Like left handed zips from Aussie and Kiwi? Drives me nuts.
    I thought those were just women's zippers

  2. #29627
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,939
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've only been bitten by a couple things in my life and each time it is memorable.

    I always remember their names and the exact moment.

    We have here a rescued magpie that a guy who lives in a school bus trained from an injury since almost birth falling from wherever that bitch came from.

    She's perfectly fluent in English. Can hold a solid conversation, but she's fiestyyyy!.

    She visits me all the time, tries to get on my shoulder like all the other guys in town, but she knows I wont have it.

    She's harassing me. I learned that breadcrumbs are not their diet, they crave protein.

    I swear, I should have never had my friend pierce my ear with a hot needle in middle school, because this bird makes me look like a hipster, all the while screaming, "give me, give me, come one, give me".

    Bitch.
    They say pet ravens are like that too - If they like you they'll beat up on you to amuse themselves. Like your buddies when you were 14...
    And just like your buddies when you were 14, you have to get and maintain the upper hand - be proactive, fuck with them first.

    "Killick there! You slab-sided Dutch-built sodomite! Where's my keys and my number one scraper?"
    "Which it's olready 'ere this last half glass, ain'tit?"


    My pies aren't as outgoing as jays. But if I don't make with the peanut butter on the deck rail, the pies will land there and start doing the scraping-peanut-butter-off-the-deck-rail dance where they hop up and down and then put one side of their face on the deck rail like they're scraping yummy peanut butter with their beaks...Not just 'beak wiping'. So they are not just begging for a handout, but dancing for a specific food. Sometimes Safeway puts 5lb jars of Skippy on sale for $5, limit 4. heh
    They like cat kibble too, and it's got a good dose of calcium, which birds can't store as well as they might need. [Which is why birds will eat white paint chips - for the calcium.]

    My pies are strong. They'll gang up on that hawk and run him to a tall tree and hassle and heckle and haze his ass until he boots way the fuck off. Meantime, every songbird in the 'hood knows where Grendel is.
    I'm still gonna bust that sharpie with a load of #6 if I can catch him within my ROEs.

  3. #29628
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Church of the Nifty Blue Chrysler
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    They say pet ravens are like that too - If they like you they'll beat up on you to amuse themselves. Like your buddies when you were 14...
    And just like your buddies when you were 14, you have to get and maintain the upper hand - be proactive, fuck with them first.

    "Killick there! You slab-sided Dutch-built sodomite! Where's my keys and my number one scraper?"
    "Which it's olready 'ere this last half glass, ain'tit?"


    My pies aren't as outgoing as jays. But if I don't make with the peanut butter on the deck rail, the pies will land there and start doing the scraping-peanut-butter-off-the-deck-rail dance where they hop up and down and then put one side of their face on the deck rail like they're scraping yummy peanut butter with their beaks...Not just 'beak wiping'. So they are not just begging for a handout, but dancing for a specific food. Sometimes Safeway puts 5lb jars of Skippy on sale for $5, limit 4. heh
    They like cat kibble too, and it's got a good dose of calcium, which birds can't store as well as they might need. [Which is why birds will eat white paint chips - for the calcium.]

    My pies are strong. They'll gang up on that hawk and run him to a tall tree and hassle and heckle and haze his ass until he boots way the fuck off. Meantime, every songbird in the 'hood knows where Grendel is.
    I'm still gonna bust that sharpie with a load of #6 if I can catch him within my ROEs.
    Alaska's a good fit for you...
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  4. #29629
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,939

  5. #29630
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,763
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I'd FedEx the little bastard to you, but after a couple warnings and incidents, I suspect I'm just going to have to settle his hash.


    You know, dandelions do important things for the earth and have a right to live, in and of themselves.
    But if dandelions start cropping up in my garden, it's just their tough luck. I'm gonna kill them.

    Twice now, this fucker has been warned. 1st time was a close shot with a wrist rocket when he was stomping around my bushes like Baba Yaga, grabbing and eating little juncos.
    The second was when he chased Good Morning chickadee about 2 feet over my head. [Sharpies have a particular erratic, almost dove-like wingbeat when they're digging in and accelerating.]

    Now he's setting up across the road, between where my hoodie wearin' jaybirds roost, and my deck.
    That's unfortunate, as I've given him ample notice that my birds are under my protection.
    The wrist rocket sounds like a good idea if the snowballs don't work on my pigeons, at least until I bust a window next to where they're roosting. Tennis balls work but I only get one shot per ball--they bounce off the deck, across the road and into the lake.
    If you watch me go after the pigeons you might be reminded of Bill Murray.

  6. #29631
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    522
    Can you two get a cage please?!

  7. #29632
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,308
    So Jr and I stop into McDonald's, which was annoying to begin with.
    But low and behold, they have the convented McRib on the electronic ordering thing. I'm all stoked to eat so nasty but tasty samich. Jr comes back from getting the order and informs me they no longer are serving the aforementioned nasty sandwich. The really annoying part was it took about minutes to refund my money.

  8. #29633
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    19,387
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    So Jr and I stop into McDonald's, which was annoying to begin with.
    But low and behold, they have the convented McRib on the electronic ordering thing. I'm all stoked to eat so nasty but tasty samich. Jr comes back from getting the order and informs me they no longer are serving the aforementioned nasty sandwich. The really annoying part was it took about minutes to refund my money.
    Hire James Piotrowski and sue.
    I still call it The Jake.

  9. #29634
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    House paint that appears significantly brighter and lighter in the house than it does the sample card and even the stir stick.

  10. #29635
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hire James Piotrowski and sue.
    I am thinking about hiring this particular lawyer, can you tell me anything about his driving abilities?

  11. #29636
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Can you two get a cage please?!
    I thought about a cage--somewhere else on the property, train the pigeons to carry messages and stuff. But my wife says no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    House paint that appears significantly brighter and lighter in the house than it does the sample card and even the stir stick.
    When did house paint ever match the sample card.

  12. #29637
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    19,387
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I am thinking about hiring this particular lawyer, can you tell me anything about his driving abilities?
    Meticulous and cautious, but even then, has a tendency to turn things on their head.
    I still call it The Jake.

  13. #29638
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,080
    ^Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    House paint that appears significantly brighter and lighter in the house than it does the sample card and even the stir stick.
    Always buy a sample pint and brush it out on the wall in a couple different places.

    But you know that now...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  14. #29639
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,643
    Paint looks different under the fluorescent tubes at the store.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  15. #29640
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    Nah I have the sample card here. Paint looks different on different substrates.
    Also card is made with printing ink and paint is not.
    But still. Going back to add more black in, not the first time.
    Just a hassle.

  16. #29641
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Can you two get a cage please?!

  17. #29642
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,939
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I thought about a cage--somewhere else on the property, train the pigeons to carry messages and stuff. But my wife says no.


    When did house paint ever match the sample card.


  18. #29643
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    32
    "the convented McRib":

    part two of the Hidden Hotdog Series follows up where Snakes in a Jane left off, deep in the throes of...

  19. #29644
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Fort Front Range
    Posts
    1,491
    Name:  ZOOTWALL_preview.png
Views: 387
Size:  282.1 KB
    In with the 9.

  20. #29645
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,024
    and then the oral sex
    watch out for snakes

  21. #29646
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,125
    Google keyboard on my phone doesn't seem to think loss is a real word.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  22. #29647
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Google keyboard on my phone doesn't seem to think loss is a real word.
    That's your loss.

  23. #29648
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That's your loss.

  24. #29649
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,417
    this stoopid facking cold Iíve had for a week - just when I think Iím getting better it whacks me again

  25. #29650
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,261
    Spa depot park city sends some ass hat to check my cold half full hot tub. Says it leaking from the light....might be a pump problem. Never added water etc. I add water, small leak from light water pouring from pump. In the meantime estimated price comes. $900 for pump, $400 labor. $80 light parts, $100 in labor. Thatís a lot of money.
    I look up parts. Full retail for pump $295. Light, $13.

    Looks to be 2 couplings and a straight wire change over. 40 minutes and Iím done.

    WTF?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •