Page 1176 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 ... LastLast
Results 29,376 to 29,400 of 30070

Shit that annoys you

Bought/arranged daughter a United flight home (w/United card)....with the intention of all the so called perks....so she could check a free bag.....and of course none of the perks apply to her because she isn’t the actual card owner....bastards...the ticket was still purchased with my United account?.....why the hell would that not count?...it’s purchased with their card.

That shit annoys me.....

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Bought/arranged daughter a United flight home (w/United card)....with the intention of all the so called perks....so she could check a free bag.....and of course none of the perks apply to her because she isn’t the actual card owner....bastards...the ticket was still purchased with my United account?.....why the hell would that not count?...it’s purchased with their card.
    That shit annoys me.....
    This shit ain't new.

I remembered reading a Cigar Aficionado article about this. So I looked for it, and here it is, from 2002. JHC.
    https://www.cigaraficionado.com/arti...re-fed-up-7146
    Air travelers in America, especially businessmen, suffer high prices, delays, rude service, bad food and unfair restrictions.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job
    Heh, this sounds like half the employers in Bozeman.

Busybody coworkers.

“Getting complaints that it seems like none of your staff are at their desks after 4 on a Friday.”
    This is ridiculous. What kind of business?

Busybody coworkers.

“No, but why can’t they take a long lunch instead? Why can’t they start at 8? Or leave early on Wednesday?”

.....because they’d rather leave before 4 on Friday?
    Take a long lunch? Wednesday?

Hopefully this is the stupidest thing I read all day.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Waking up at 3:30 to a car horn and the sound of tires racing on snow and ice. Look out the window and just past my driveway entrance a small FWD hatchback is trying hard to gain traction in the fresh snowfall at the intersection. A couple of young-ish women are taking turns pushing the car and racing the engine to get it unstuck. I start to put on some clothes to go out and give a hand, but they manage to get past the intersection and slowly proceed down the street (tires still spinning like mad to keep moving).
    Yesterday, wife takes the car to pick up the daughter from school and discovers the rear bumper smashed - we had parked on the street as we had the FIL coming for the weekend, and parking is limited in the yard due to the snow. I had even moved removed the snowbank so there was ample room to park her car off the street. What had woken me up was the collision, and one of the cars' horns going off.

My first thought was to to get out of a warm bed and head out to help, their first thought was to run from the scene and fuck us out of our deductible. Great time of year to be reminded how shitty some people can be.
    Probably drunk and didn't want any cops.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Probably drunk and didn't want any cops.
    Drunk hit our car in the driveway one night and left. We called the cops, young guy came out, took a report, went down to the west end, drove around, found the car that hit ours with the owner packing to leave, and wrote him up. I'm sure the guy was drunk when he hit our car.
    Truckee cops aren't that enterprising these days.

Busybody coworkers.

“Getting complaints that it seems like none of your staff are at their desks after 4 on a Friday.”

“Did anybody need them after 4 on this Friday? Also, there were people still logged in until after 5, they just work remotely.”

“That’s not the point, it looks bad. Other people have to be here until after 5, and your staff do whatever they want.”

“Other people have jobs where they have to man their station, my staff just have to get their work done. Why do we care when they do it? They’d already put in 40 hours before 4pm on Friday, and some of them leave at 3 because they start at 7. Did you want them to work overtime? ”

“No, but why can’t they take a long lunch instead? Why can’t they start at 8? Or leave early on Wednesday?”

Grrr. Drives me nuts. We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job and that there is some kind of merit to working after 5. My boss is pretty good, and mostly is just trying to manage the bitching of the other departments, but he’s decidedly old school about a lot of these things even when he knows better.

They come in at 7. It’s a perk. They’re productive and happy. Worry about your own shit and your own people.
    Sounds like we work in the same place.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Sounds like we work in the same place.
    And you're obviously the one complaining about people getting their shit done so they can gtfo on a Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And you're obviously the one complaining about people getting their shit done so they can gtfo on a Friday.

False. I may be judgemental and curmudgeonly, but I am unflinchingly of the "work to live, don't live to work" persuasion.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

Busybody coworkers.

“Did anybody need them after 4 on this Friday? Also, there were people still logged in until after 5, they just work remotely.”

“That’s not the point, it looks bad. Other people have to be here until after 5, and your staff do whatever they want.”

“Other people have jobs where they have to man their station, my staff just have to get their work done. Why do we care when they do it? They’d already put in 40 hours before 4pm on Friday, and some of them leave at 3 because they start at 7. Did you want them to work overtime? ”

Grrr. Drives me nuts. We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job and that there is some kind of merit to working after 5. My boss is pretty good, and mostly is just trying to manage the bitching of the other departments, but he’s decidedly old school about a lot of these things even when he knows better.

They come in at 7. It’s a perk. They’re productive and happy. Worry about your own shit and your own people.
    Your company must not have any problem hiring and retaining in the current job market.

We have a flex schedule policy that sometimes drives me nuts, but it's a perk we promised at hire. If we took it away lots of people would be looking for a new job Nd wouldn't have a problem finding one.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Your company must not have any problem hiring and retaining in the current job market.

We have a flex schedule policy that sometimes drives me nuts, but it's a perk we promised at hire. If we took it away lots of people would be looking for a new job Nd wouldn't have a problem finding one.
    This is financial services.

And while there is limited local opportunity, we don’t have a waiting list either, our entry level roles (in other areas, at least) are a revolving door (not too atypical of any entry level hourly gig), and we too often end up with those who need any job. When you’re supporting operating hours one of the basic requirements is being a warm body at a workstation. Some of my areas support those areas, which is why we always have one or more people available, but after 4 on a Friday the need isn’t high if all the other shit is done.

This is one of those things that cost us almost nothing that make these jobs significantly better. It annoys me that it’s controversial because some small minded people are crying that it isn’t “fair.” I’m double annoyed that the CEO doesn’t just tell them to stuff it, so instead I need to work on an internal PR campaign with my department managers.
    focus.

Name:  screens_feature3-1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  79.8 KB

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

This is financial services.

And while there is limited local opportunity, we don’t have a waiting list either, our entry level roles (in other areas, at least) are a revolving door (not too atypical of any entry level hourly gig), and we too often end up with those who need any job. When you’re supporting operating hours one of the basic requirements is being a warm body at a workstation. Some of my areas support those areas, which is why we always have one or more people available, but after 4 on a Friday the need isn’t high if all the other shit is done.

This is one of those things that cost us almost nothing that make these jobs significantly better. It annoys me that it’s controversial because some small minded people are crying that it isn’t “fair.” I’m double annoyed that the CEO doesn’t just tell them to stuff it, so instead I need to work on an internal PR campaign with my department managers.
    Ah yes, the old "fairness" issue.

Not that I’m an old timer on here but selling shit to new people. “How much is shipping” can you not look it up or send a PM? Is $20 shipping a deal breaker? Had one person say ok, I’ll pay you shipping when they get here.... WTF. Or the text torrent if they are expected Monday and don’t show. Hmmmm tracking number provided shows they’ll be there tomorrow. I’m not a fucking store or shipping company.

Generally speaking love dealing w people on here though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

3rd day in a row of wind, out of the east no less (prevailing winds are SW, all my shelters/barns are open to the east). Ugh.

On the plus side it's 65 degrees.

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Really annoying. CT. taxes cars as property. I paid over 600 bucks for my new car this Spring, and that's annual, like property tax. So, yesterday, I get a bill in the mail. A "supplemental" car tax. Five days before Xmas. Like, somebody wise decided to just charge me, and I assume millions , extra tax, and send us the bill a few days before Xmas. Like, they just made this shit up. RIGHT BEFORE XMAS. What is wrong with these people? Are they trying to inspire me to move? Fucking clueless.

Document altered to protect Benny.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Maybe move to Vermont? Cut down on your drive to Killington? From what I’ve read, it seems that Ludlow would probably be just the place for you.

Fucking Benny

Move your sorry ass to Montana/Nevada, somewhere big where the taxes are less and you might get lost and found by cannibals while you're looking for cheap gas.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Have you ever been to Reno? Uh, no.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have you ever been to Reno? Uh, no.
    So, would you say that you get what you pay for?

Not that you should stop complaining.
    And I guess that I just don't know

If you like living in dirt surrounded by trash, uh, yeah.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you like living in dirt surrounded by trash, uh, yeah.
    So, you’ll stop complaining?
    And I guess that I just don't know

Oh, you mean here. Yeah, I suppose, but, no kids. If I had kids, it's a bargain.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die