Page 1450 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 ... LastLast
Results 36,226 to 36,250 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    The response from the restaurant is good too

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6281479
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've seen this before. It's a scam, and it happens.
    Renting a car seems to either go perfectly or it's the worst shit show ever. There's no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Chasing Michelin stars can be as superficial for the restaurant as it can be for the patron

We had a meal go off the rails at a 2 star in DC and it was annoying. Fortunately in America there is usually a crunchwrap on the way home and the reminder that first world problems only waste time and money.

The plaster mold of the chef’s mouth full of foam is giving me some holiday party ideas.
    I still call it The Jake.

6am National Weather Service alert for a snow squall. I mean, thanks guys, I'll take all the snow we can get, but do I really need the 8 really loud annoying beeps at 6am?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    6am National Weather Service alert for a snow squall. I mean, thanks guys, I'll take all the snow we can get, but do I really need the 8 really loud annoying beeps at 6am?
    Heh. What if it was a real powder day? If you're not first you're last.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Heh. What if it was a real powder day? If you're not first you're last.
    Maybe Joel should work on providing a similar service alert on those sneaky pow days. Just so no one misses them.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The plaster mold of the chef’s mouth full of foam is giving me some holiday party ideas.
    Post TR.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    No issue with rental cars, but I had a hotel accuse me of stealing a bath robe out of the hotel room, charging my credit card $100 for it. Call them up and the front desk put the manager on, who informed me that I had stolen the bath robe. Really? I never wear a bath robe ever, you really think I'm going to steal some shitty robe from your hotel that a bunch of strangers have used??? "Well if it wasn't there when you arrived you should have reported it missing to the front desk". Um, how am I supposed to know that something which isn't there, should be there? Please point me to the inventory list I should have checked against what is physically there. By her tone she definitely thought I had taken it, but after threatening to have all our staff stay elsewhere in the future she reversed the charge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftikvpA_sig

This guy is very funny and clean, which is hard to do.

A food critic whining like twat that there was no entree in a 27 course molecular gastronomy meal?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftikvpA_sig

This guy is very funny and clean, which is hard to do.
    The OP's hotel story reminded me of Todd Barry's bit @ 2:08 below.

I never use the robe. It's bad enough having to sleep on bedding that someone else used and most likely abused.
    I've been known to bring my own pillow and a sleeping bag. I'm completely normal, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I've been known to bring my own pillow and a sleeping bag. I'm completely normal, I swear.
    I’ve slept in a sleeping bagn top of a ground cloth covering the bed but it was an Indian road house that looked like a hooker got murdered there and was the only place around. I can’t imagine paying real money for that kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’ve slept in a sleeping bagn top of a ground cloth covering the bed but it was an Indian road house that looked like a hooker got murdered there and was the only place around. I can’t imagine paying real money for that kind of shit.
    Stayed in a place like that in Green River, Utah. Wasn't cheap and it was nasty. Everything else was full. Tarp on bed slept in the spare sleeping bag, in case I had to throw it out. Made a path from the bed to the shower using towels. And kept my boots on when not in bag or shower. At least they had hot water. The amount of grime in the room was impressive. I didn't know the area, I would have been better off doing a bivvy in the desert had I known where to go.

Stayed in a place like that in Green River, Utah. Wasn't cheap and it was nasty. Everything else was full. Tarp on bed slept in the spare sleeping bag, in case I had to throw it out. Made a path from the bed to the shower using towels. And kept my boots on when not in bag or shower. At least they had hot water. The amount of grime in the room was impressive. I didn't know the area, I would have been better off doing a bivvy in the desert had I known where to go.
    I stayed in a place like that in Green River once too, around 2002 or so. I remember I picked it because the outside looked better than the other shitty cheap motels... and clearly the owners didn't invest anything on the inside.

I remember my socks turning black from walking on the carpet.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I stayed in a place like that in Green River once too, around 2002 or so. I remember I picked it because the outside looked better than the other shitty cheap motels... and clearly the owners didn't invest anything on the inside.

I remember my socks turning black from walking on the carpet.
    I forget the name. Probably the same place. I was there in 92. So they had 10 more years to neglect it after I left.

On the topic of shitty motels, here’s a dump I stayed in back in 2016 in Boise. So bad I just laughed, and touched nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6324_Original.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	396851

Name:	IMG_6321_Original.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	396852

Name:	IMG_6337_Original.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	396853

Name:	IMG_6319_Original.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	396854

Name:	IMG_6318_Original.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	396855

Name:	IMG_6320_Original.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	396856

Name:	IMG_6323_Original.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	396857

Name:	IMG_6335_Original.JPG 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	396858

Name:	IMG_6329_Original.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	396859

Name:	IMG_6332_Original.JPG 
Size:	237.1 KB 
ID:	396860

Name:	IMG_6322_Original.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	396861

Were there bedbugs crawling in daylight? Roaches overwhelming the bathroom? (Didn’t stay the latter)

Reminds me of a nasty place we stayed at in Niagara Falls. When we checked in we basically just threw our bags in the room and left for the night. Came back all fungussed up and started noticing how trashy it was. Half burnt cigarette under the bed, disgusting carpet, literally a layer of dust stuck to grim on the wall behind the night stand, burnt out lights etc. Washroom was so gross I felt dirty after showering. Really strange feeling.

Really bitched out the front desk in the morning but they clearly didn't care.

Not as bad I found the majority of the 'cheap' motels around Moab to be pretty run down, but I guess there's little incentive to improve things when they have guaranteed customers, due to the volume of travelers in the area.

Google Fi gave me a $10 credit in the Play store just for being me. Cool, I thought, been meaning to buy "Elf" to watch with the kiddo and that's probably $10. Sure enough, it's $9.99 (plus 50 cents of tax).

Try to buy it, and my payment is declined. My credit card is up to date, can't figure out why it keeps crapping out.

After much googling, the problem was that Google Play could not realize that tax pushed the sale over $10, so it was only applying the $10 credit and that wasn't enough, resulting in the transaction failing; it couldn't figure out that it had to charge my credit card for the overage. I had to buy an app for 99 cents, so that my promo balance was under $10. So that when I tried to purchase the $9.99 Elf, Play knew to split it between my promo balance and my credit card. How fucking stupid is that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    But the bed bugs still got ya, amarite? Was it a rope bed?

Oof size XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    On the topic of shitty motels, here’s a dump I stayed in back in 2016 in Boise. So bad I just laughed, and touched nothing.
    "Not Works"

LOL!

Costco. Yeah, I know...

Who ever designs their parking lots and gas stations needs a kick to the head.

I went to one recently where the only entrance to the gas station was an immediate turn off the main entrance drive from a busy city street. The gas lineup backed out onto the main entrance drive and right out onto the city street, completely fucking traffic since no one could turn into costco at that intersection from any direction. Nor could cars exit costco there since the opposite direction was also blocked by cars waiting for gas. Brilliant.

My local store isn't that bad but is still an annoyingly bad design. There is one main entrance drive in between the store and gas station. Everyone leaving the gas station has to cross the main entrance drive which has a never-ending stream of incoming and outgoing traffic. So rather than sit there all day cars just pull out across the path of oncoming traffic. Total Russian roulette, but you can't sit there all day there is never a gap. To Costco's credit they tried installing a 4-way stop but it just backed traffic out onto the main street so it disappeared within a couple weeks.

It doesn't help that traffic has gotten completely insane. And with people working from home these stores are busy all the time. Used to be able to go on a weekday and it wasn't bad. Now, only go half hour before closing time.

I think that every post office that I've ever been to has had an extremely poorly designed parking lot.