Page 1109 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 ... LastLast
Results 27,701 to 27,725 of 45938
    There's a lot of things that annoy me. Too many to be listed down I suppose.

Riding my bike like an idiot as usual and I was chasing rain for 10 miles after it looked like it was going to clear up when i left the house. Go around a traffic circle too fast and the bike slides ride out from under me (just like i know it will very easily when the road is wet). Good news is the only road rash is a small mark on my arm. Bad news is I fell hard and broke my f'ing hip. In the hospital awaiting surgery in the a.m. right now. People stopped and supported me on either side and got me to my feet when i gathered my wits. I put a little bit of weight on my left leg and pain city.

Amusing part is we are in the ambulance driving to the hospital and the EMT is asking me questions. He says it sounds like you either broke your hip, broke fibula (I think), or just took a really hard fall, so let's hope for option 3. I said I'm hoping for option 3 also, but if that is it I need to be nominated for pussy of the year because i was in hella pain.

Man, that sucks JD. Hope you have a quick recovery and this doesn’t mess with your ski season.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCollier23 View Post
    There's a lot of things that annoy me. Too many to be listed down I suppose.
    It's very important to never repeat an annoyance. You have 1184 pages to review before your next post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Riding my bike like an idiot as usual and I was chasing rain for 10 miles after it looked like it was going to clear up when i left the house. Go around a traffic circle too fast and the bike slides ride out from under me (just like i know it will very easily when the road is wet). Good news is the only road rash is a small mark on my arm. Bad news is I fell hard and broke my f'ing hip. In the hospital awaiting surgery in the a.m. right now. People stopped and supported me on either side and got me to my feet when i gathered my wits. I put a little bit of weight on my left leg and pain city.

Amusing part is we are in the ambulance driving to the hospital and the EMT is asking me questions. He says it sounds like you either broke your hip, broke fibula (I think), or just took a really hard fall, so let's hope for option 3. I said I'm hoping for option 3 also, but if that is it I need to be nominated for pussy of the year because i was in hella pain.
    Heal quick man. Way worse than annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's very important to never repeat an annoyance. You have 1184 pages to review before your next post in this thread.
    Hahaha

With a 9 hr drive home today I have a full litany of driving-related complaints. Why can't stupid people just stay home?

9hr drive home yesterday. Sucked. Trip was cursed anyway. Flat tire on the way up on Saturday. I-95 outside Augusta, ME. Luckily the mini spare on the Highlander worked. Off the highway and made it to tire warehouse by 5, they closed at 6. So that was extra money I didn't plan on spending. On the way home yesterday the brakes started making some horrific noises. So we did a lot of breaking by letting off the accelerator. Get home and can't reproduce the noise. WTF? ABS issues? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post

Oh fuck dude. Let's hope it's just the mother of all bruises. Did similar, skiing, 18 months ago and broke shit, it's not really a fun party.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    On the way home yesterday the brakes started making some horrific noises. So we did a lot of breaking by letting off the accelerator. Get home and can't reproduce the noise. WTF? ABS issues? WTF?
    Rock in the dust shield that fell out when you put it in reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Why can't stupid people just stay home?
    Well, why didn't ya?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Rock in the dust shield that fell out when you put it in reverse?
    I was just about to say that, sometimes it’s really stuck in there and you have to pull the dust shield back to loosen it up.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Attachment 292730

this guy blocked Ebbetts Pass from the east side for 3 hours yesterday
    Same thing on east side of SP a couple of weeks ago just above the Leavitt Falls lookout. Luckily there was just enough space on the shoulder for one car so we got through. Who the fuck tries to take a semi over either of those passes?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    ... And dogs on hikes definitely qualify as shit that annoys me, whether they are on-leash or off.

One of my favorite things about living in Utah was the dog-free hiking in BCC and LCC. Blissful.
    I love dogs, but I have to agree somewhat. But I think what you really mean is you hate shitty dog owners on hikes. I mean if a dog's on a leash and very well behaved that's one thing, but I'm just seeing more and more douchebag dog owners. Took a day hike last summer up Carson Pass. Got back to the lake and set up for lunch and all we heard the entire time there were 3 or 4 dogs barking. For like 45 minutes. That was not what I hiked up there to hear. I eventually got very annoyed and yelled at the top of my lungs, "Shut your fucking dogs up!". Really peaceful day.

Just this last Sunday morning I was on a small beach at a beautiful Eastern Sierra lake for a swim. As my GF and I were standing there enjoying the blissful morning and view, a car pulls up and two dogs come flying out. This little mid-sized dog comes over barking like crazy at us. A woman comes down to the beach and the dog gets very aggressive and starts nipping at my calfs. So I said, "What the fuck?" and the lady grabs the dog. My GF says I wasn't very nice, I think it's the dog owners who weren't being very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    They skipped the Map Reading class.
    Or sign reading class. There must be a sign farther down the hill telling them to not try this.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Same thing on east side of SP a couple of weeks ago just above the Leavitt Falls lookout. Luckily there was just enough space on the shoulder for one car so we got through. Who the fuck tries to take a semi over either of those passes?

I love dogs, but I have to agree somewhat. But I think what you really mean is you hate shitty dog owners on hikes. I mean if a dog's on a leash and very well behaved that's one thing, but I'm just seeing more and more douchebag dog owners. Took a day hike last summer up Carson Pass. Got back to the lake and set up for lunch and all we heard the entire time there were 3 or 4 dogs barking. For like 45 minutes. That was not what I hiked up there to hear. I eventually got very annoyed and yelled at the top of my lungs, "Shut your fucking dogs up!". Really peaceful day.

Just this last Sunday morning I was on a small beach at a beautiful Eastern Sierra lake for a swim. As my GF and I were standing there enjoying the blissful morning and view, a car pulls up and two dogs come flying out. This little mid-sized dog comes over barking like crazy at us. A woman comes down to the beach and the dog gets very aggressive and starts nipping at my calfs. So I said, "What the fuck?" and the lady grabs the dog. My GF says I wasn't very nice, I think it's the dog owners who weren't being very nice.
    Do you also yell at the GF when she nips at your calfs?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Do you also yell at the GF when she nips at your calfs?
    She would never do that. Baby cows are cute.

I have yelled at her for correcting my spelling errors though.

Airbnb won't let you use gift card balances on a second payment. They hide this from you, however. Just simply don't apply them, and point you to an obscure term that is nowhere visible when deciding to split payment.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Airbnb won't let you use gift card balances on a second payment. They hide this from you, however. Just simply don't apply them, and point you to an obscure term that is nowhere visible when deciding to split payment.
    Authorization hold for security damage deposit isn't worth shit on a gift card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Authorization hold for security damage deposit isn't worth shit on a gift card.
    so what? It's not like they don't require a credit card, or use that credit card to charge the balance of payment. And have numerous other contractual ways to have you by the balls. Refusing to apply a gift card balance -- money they have already collected from someone -- to a partial payment, without clearly letting you know as much, is lame, and does virtually nothing to protect them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Clearly you're far more trusting than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

CBS News.

I loved Scott Pelly, I got used to and liked Jeff Glor though I thought Scott got the shaft but then Jeff got the shaft and now they have Norah O'Donnell who is HORRIBLE. If they wanted to go with a female both Reena Ninan and Elaine Quijano are 10x better than her.

Don't get me wrong, I think she seems nice and in the right setting she would do well but IMO she is not network news anchor material. Her delivery/cadence is off, she frequently misspeaks (reads the teleprompter wrong) and her voice just doesn't do it for me.

/stupid rant
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    CBS News.

I loved Scott Pelly, I got used to and liked Jeff Glor though I thought Scott got the shaft but then Jeff got the shaft and now they have Norah O'Donnell who is HORRIBLE. If they wanted to go with a female both Reena Ninan and Elaine Quijano are 10x better than her.

Don't get me wrong, I think she seems nice and in the right setting she would do well but IMO she is not network news anchor material. Her delivery/cadence is off, she frequently misspeaks (reads the teleprompter wrong) and her voice just doesn't do it for me.

/stupid rant
    She's great compared to David Begnaud on the weekends. Send that guy back to small market local news where he can report car crashes and shootings.
    I'm getting increasingly annoyed by PBS news. While I share the general politics of the broadcast the content is increasingly editorial and decreasingly news, with a heavy emphasis on sob stories. Those stories do matter because they show the human consequences of political actions but when they come to dominate the broadcast they lose even their natural audience.

People that get over a mile before a lane closure and leave an empty lane for a mile making problem way worse. I'll never understand
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    People that get over a mile before a lane closure and leave an empty lane for a mile making problem way worse. I'll never understand
    I don't get that either. Merge at the merging point, not some random spot in the middle of the road. I feel guilty blowing by people, but wtf. I care less and less the more often it happens. It's just nice when others follow.

We have a Y intersection right after the toll and the lane turning left gets backed up sometimes. It is more than wide enough for two cars to comfortably merge, yet people form a single line and the traffic backs up right into the toll, so others taking the right turn at the Y cannot get thru. Mind boggling.

Probably should go into the amusement thread... but people still watch news on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    CBS News.

/stupid rant
    I still miss the days of Katie Couric

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16782_photo_1_high_res.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	619.7 KB 
ID:	293074

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Heading northbound into Seattle on I-5 there's a lefthand exit for the express lanes. This lane is carpool only until maybe a mile and half before the exit and, of course, everyone merges into the far left lane as soon as the carpool restriction ends, thus slowing down traffic drastically in that lane. It used to be you could reliably get right up to the exit and then get over into the left lane, but sometime in the past few weeks the DOT painted new solid lines about 1/4 mile from the exit thus preventing anyone from (legally) entering that lane past that point. Seems to be completely counter to the "zipper merge" philosophy that is otherwise advocated. Fuckers.

edit: turns out the change was made last November: https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/news/2018/1...lanes-entrance