Page 1090 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... LastLast
Results 27,226 to 27,250 of 45937
    The only good thing about my divorce is not having to deal with my complete idiot of a mother in law. One of the most socially awkward people I’ve ever met.

I once accidentally called her Moron instead of Maureen.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    The only good thing about my divorce is not having to deal with my complete idiot of a mother in law. One of the most socially awkward people I’ve ever met.

That’s the danger in private or silent pet names for people....

We do business with a guy who’s infamous for an unfortunate decision he made years ago when he tried to blackmail a nationally well known B list celebrity (think Alfonso “Carlton Banks” Ribeiro from Fresh Prince, but not him). He spent time in jail and is putting it all behind him, building a business, and does good work. But we all call him “Carlton Banks” whenever he comes up and I sometimes take a minute to remember his real name. I have the damndest time not slipping up when he calls or visits the office.
    focus.

I have a new boss. He's uuummmmm...really something.

Already talked with headhunter.

I really like (liked?) my job. This is annoying
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF0C6A30-CA89-4302-A8AE-52AAB660CFF7.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	454.2 KB 
ID:	290578

Paid professionals create ads & somehow ignore spellchecking software that can compensate for their illiteracy?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Name:	FF0C6A30-CA89-4302-A8AE-52AAB660CFF7.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	454.2 KB 
ID:	290578

Paid professionals create ads & somehow ignore spellchecking software that can compensate for their illiteracy?
    Versitility is a new marketing catchphrase. Try to keep up

When you are doing a Ti or Cu carry and you have to go to your PO box.

Pedestrians on the local college campus who could wait a few seconds for you to drive through (you're the only vehicle) but instead blithely force you to stop and then ever so slowly and casually shuffle across the crosswalk at a sloth's pace.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    Pedestrians on the local college campus who could wait a few seconds for you to drive through (you're the only vehicle) but instead blithely force you to stop and then ever so slowly and casually shuffle across the crosswalk at a sloth's pace.
    Lol. When walking I find it annoying when The motorist does not seize the clear opportunity to just go. I’ll even slow my pace, noting what’s going on at the intersection and there’s always some Nancy Do Right who wants to wait the full 15 seconds for you to even enter the crosswalk, let alone cross it.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

The mid-block crosswalks are annoying in downtown SLC. 50-75-100 cars stop in rush hour in both directions for one dude going to his car after work. City should take them out and make people cross at intersections.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Just arrived home to find the offender (MIL) driving on my front lawn as she did not want to get out and move the garbage & recycling bins at the end of the driveway. Apparently having all your waste picked up at your home curbside is a major inconvenience. Finding the tire tracks would have been one thing but she actually pulled the stunt in front of me as I was coming up the street. Sprinkler head repair and carpet cleaning have now been added to the agenda and its not even 5pm on Day 1.
    Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

Stepdad's nickname among us siblings is Poopstain. Of course, my mom doesn't know this. There's been many times I've almost let it slip out when talking to my mom.

Why poopstain, you ask? I had a friend in high school who would refer to certain people as "poopstain". I asked him one day what that meant. He said, "You know when you were a little kid and you took your tighty whities off at the end of the day and you saw a poopstain on them and you're like, aw man!? Well that's how I feel when I see that guy."

It fit my stepdad perfectly. Not a total asshole, but just kind of an "Aw man! Do I have to hang with that dude!?" kind of guy.

^Is that different from a skidmark?

People who ‘carry’.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    ^Is that different from a skidmark?
    I believe skidmark is restricted to the toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    People who ‘carry’.
    Haha, time for a pocket dump.

KQ--you'll like this one. We were at a house party yesterday, pretty much a mansion they built about 4 years ago, all reclaimed wood and huge amounts of granite, super energy efficient. They also built an enormous barn and a corral. But they decided not to get any horses, so the barn and corral sit empty. The barn does make a nice place to mount their solar panels.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    People who ‘carry’.
    As I was parking at local Safeway last night (commuter belt town 15 miles from liberal oasis of Seattle) a landscaping crew's pickup and trailer pulled into the two spots next to me.

Noticed as he got out that the Latino driver was open carrying.

Was kind of a sad reflection of events of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    As I was parking at local Safeway last night (commuter belt town 15 miles from liberal oasis of Seattle) a landscaping crew's pickup and trailer pulled into the two spots next to me.

Noticed as he got out that the Latino driver was open carrying.

Was kind of a sad reflection of events of this week.
    Sorry, but we're going to have to lock up brown people that are doing this. It's just not safe. Only white dudes are *really* allowed to open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Sorry, but we're going to have to lock up brown people that are doing this. It's just not safe. Only white dudes are *really* allowed to open carry.
    Don't put it past them...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Don't put it past them...
    Seriously, though - situations like this are going to end up with dead Latino's, and white dudes with guns exclaiming, "But he had a gun!"

And I suspect the irony will be completely lost on them...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    KQ--you'll like this one. We were at a house party yesterday, pretty much a mansion they built about 4 years ago, all reclaimed wood and huge amounts of granite, super energy efficient. They also built an enormous barn and a corral. But they decided not to get any horses, so the barn and corral sit empty. The barn does make a nice place to mount their solar panels.
    My barn is by Barn Pros in Monroe Washington. When I bought back in 2008 all they really did were barns but people started buying barns and using them for other things so now the company has included barn homes and the like on their page. They do nice stuff. After 10 years I'm still very happy with my barn and wouldn't change a thing about it except to make it bigger. I have the Olympic model, 6 stalls.

If anyone is thinking of buying a kit barn I highly recommend Barn Pros. You give them your specs and they put it together. The whole thing, minus roofing (you do get sheeting) is delivered on how ever many semi trucks it takes (mine took 2) then you hire a contractor to put it up.

From this:

Name:	walla 6-1 005.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	290600

Name:	walla 6-1 006.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	290601

To this:

Name:	Walla 11-18 037.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	886.6 KB 
ID:	290602
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Seriously, though - situations like this are going to end up with dead Latino's, and white dudes with guns exclaiming, "But he had a gun!"

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Nice barn.

Of course it's already happened with black people, cf. Philando Castile.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    My barn is by Barn Pros in Monroe Washington. When I bought back in 2008 all they really did were barns but people started buying barns and using them for other things so now the company has included barn homes and the like on their page. They do nice stuff. After 10 years I'm still very happy with my barn and wouldn't change a thing about it except to make it bigger. I have the Olympic model, 6 stalls.

If anyone is thinking of buying a kit barn I highly recommend Barn Pros. You give them your specs and they put it together. The whole thing, minus roofing (you do get sheeting) is delivered on how ever many semi trucks it takes (mine took 2) then you hire a contractor to put it up.

From this:

Name:	walla 6-1 005.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	290600

Name:	walla 6-1 006.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	290601

To this:

beautiful. did they bring the snow too, or did you have to provide that yourself? And I thought a barn had to be red, by law.