Page 1815 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 ... LastLast
Results 45,351 to 45,375 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I hear ya. And I'm tempted, but the terms are too whack for not great pay. I'll post up some of the terms later when I get a chance. You'll see what I'm saying. It's nuts.

Haha. I wish! Life repeatedly kicking many of us squarely in the ballz has taken away any dream of an earlyish retirement. So I'm having to shift gears and figure my crap out. Current field has suffered severe wage stagnation for years and hasn't remotely kept up with inflation. True for many, so nothing unique. On that note, it's also hilarious seeing companies whining about "labor shortages" whilst also paying like garbage, eliminating benefits AND utilizing over-bearing ATS systems and insane hiring practices, even for entry level minimum wage type jobs. One thing that's been making the rounds lately is some guy who was just trying to get a job as a dishwasher at an Olive Garden and they're making him go through some long, overwinded bullshit AI bot interview process. WTF, corporate America?! See: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/man-j...110000427.html
    Why do you hate the free market?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's one only the office drones will understand, and it's also one of those that really shouldn't be annoying, but is for some reason: when people send out too many out of office notifications and to too many people. I got one today from someone who's going to be offline for two hours because she's getting her furnace repaired. I don't even know who this person is or why I'd care if she's in or out of the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I just hate the overly descriptive ones that try to address every possible scenario:

I will be out of the office until March 1, overseas for the first day, traveling remotely with limited email access for two days, and reachable at the hotel California after that.i don’t know if the hotel California has free WiFi so please excuse any delay in my response because Verizon coverage there is spotty per Yelp reviews.

If this is in regards to the Fisher Account, please contact Paul Allen at blah blah blah. If this is about business cards, send an email to Dorsia@bizcards.com. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1, and if it’s your money and you need it now, dial 877-CASH-NOW.
    LOL.

"To the person that ate half of my Jersey Mike's sub that has been in the lounge refrigerator for the last week, you owe me $4.37"
    I still call it The Jake.

If this is in regards to the Fisher Account, please contact Paul Allen at blah blah blah. If this is about business cards, send an email to Dorsia@bizcards.com.
    Can they do watermarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Can they do watermarks?
    Of course:

https://www.myfonts.com/collections/...t-mans-greback

It annoys me how expensive ski tuning has gotten. REI wants $95 for their base tune! WTF? Christy Sports is a little better, at $75 (or $65 if you don't need base work). Another local shop is $70. Only one local shop is reasonable for a basic tune, at $35 ($60 if you need any base work).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It annoys me how expensive ski tuning has gotten. REI wants $95 for their base tune! WTF? Christy Sports is a little better, at $75 (or $65 if you don't need base work). Another local shop is $70. Only one local shop is reasonable for a basic tune, at $35 ($60 if you need any base work).
    Take a trip to Taos to get your skis tuned: https://leskimastery.com/ski-tuning.html

While you're there, may as well go skiing for a couple days.

Impressive. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    His bootstraps must be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I've learned the hard way there's no such thing as the "free market." There are winners and there are losers, most of whom are pre-selected. Typically by lots and lots of $$$. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    His bootstraps must be broken.
    LMAO. True dat. My bootsraps are indeed broken.

I just hate the overly descriptive ones that try to address every possible scenario
    Agreed. I'm more in the "I'll be out of the office from X to Y. Don't even think about trying to contact me during this period. Just wait till I get back. I'm sure it can wait."

Don't REI members get a free wax whenever they want & 20% off services or something?
    I've never pulled the trigger on it, but that seems like a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Don't REI members get a free wax whenever they want & 20% off services or something?
    I've never pulled the trigger on it, but that seems like a good thing
    yeah, they do, which is probably why they charge $95 for a tune, so that with discount they are still charging you $76. And that does not include any base repair, not even a wee bit of ptex. FFS.

Honestly, I just want the stone grind, I can sharpen my edges and wax my skis, but don't have a wintersteiger in the garage.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

buddy's local shop charges me $65 I think, for edge/wax. I don't mind, because I got probably 25 years of free tunes from other friends and I want this guy to stay in business. Honestly the last tune I got from him was the first that I have ever been really impressed with. Took a pair of my old rock skis and made them super fun for carving our extended early season shit conditions and prevented me from having to buy any new skis.

This.

My shop has two tunes: Minor $25 (no base work) & Major $50 (base ... How low can can you?).

I drop off two pairs of skis for Minors.
    Pick them up and they want $130!
    I figured the skis ended needing majors(?) or they mistakenly charges for majors.

Nope, been awhile since I've been in the shop.

Don't you love it when you park farther out in a parking lot to avoid door dings and then some douchelord pulls up right next to your car? And REALLY close on top of it! WTF is up with people like that?! Happened to me at a busy grocery store earlier today, but happens all the time. Freaking weird and mildly infuriating. Especially since some asshole just door swiped my Mercedes the other day. Thankfully not a ding that time but a nice phat line of white paint transfer I gotta deal with attempting to remove now.

Parking lot A holes be like:

What an ingeniously disguised flex, bro!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Re ski shop prices - have you seen what it costs to mount bindings these days?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Re ski shop prices - have you seen what it costs to mount bindings these days?!
    I paid $65 last week.

Eh. Mount your own fucking skis. I do it in the living room while a show is on. Takes half an hour if you’re paying attention. More if you aren’t.
    focus.

yeah, they do, which is probably why they charge $95 for a tune, so that with discount they are still charging you $76. And that does not include any base repair, not even a wee bit of ptex. FFS.

Honestly, I just want the stone grind, I can sharpen my edges and wax my skis, but don't have a wintersteiger in the garage.
    Do we need to start a Take care of your own fucking ski bases thread?

SkiVisions Base Flattener & Structuring Plane

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Rain at 7500ft, more to come for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Do we need to start a Take care of your own fucking ski bases thread?

SkiVisions Base Flattener & Structuring Plane
    Definitely!

That base structure tool looks pretty sweet. That has always been the thing I've missed when home tuning as an ex shop rat. Pretty much I just do a quick side edge, wax, and call it good because I only ski good snow now.

Reminds me of this classic...

https://youtu.be/Wi4N4duxwgk?si=rXh_s0v-ccLBL_XO

I don't even need to click that link to know it's Doug.

""Then my clients follow me and they hit the same rocks. They're real dumb."

However many years ago I brought my first gen Bluehouse Maven to a stone grinder guy at the edge of town. He tuned skis for local racers, like a small private tuning shop above his garage. Anyway, a few days later he closed his shop. I think my Maven was the shit that annoyed him. He was so frustrated with those skis, I felt bad.

My shop charges $80 for a mount, which I am pretty sure is just a way to punish people who buy online. $10 if you buy skis and bindings from the shop. Also, it's Scottsdale, so there is plenty of money around.