Page 1175 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 ... LastLast
Results 29,351 to 29,375 of 29852
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    thus my annoyance..... making lemonade out of this
    "When life hands you lemons, say fuck the lemons and bail"

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I love Fage yogurt. But they make you take out an inner clear seal that sits on top of the yogurt before digging in. This after ripping off a foil seal under the plastic lid. Why do they do that. If you're stoned , you forget that inner seal is there and pour some blueberries on it, because you're eating straight from the container, of course. Why are they making my life hard?
    I very much laughed.

Atlanta airport. Flight delayed over an hour getting here. Now I made the mistake of checking a bag, and it literally took a fucking hour for the bags to come out. Asshole baggage handlers just kept walking around asking us to be patient, that they donít know what is wrong but they think thereís a jam. Fuck you Atlanta baggage people. You had one fucking job and you totally fucked it up.

people that tighten twist ties in the wrong direction.

Trying to loosen a twist tie the fucking usual counter-clockwise lefty-loosy-righty-tighty way and you slowly realize that it's not loosening but getting tighter. Try and visually double check what you're doing but the cables you're trying to organize are somewhere dark and partly out of reach, and the twist tie itself is of course an inscrutable black. Go back the other way, don't notice any progress because you tightened it too much on your first attempt, question your initial decision, don't know which way to go. annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post

Trying to loosen a twist tie the fucking usual counter-clockwise lefty-loosy-righty-tighty way and you slowly realize that it's not loosening but getting tighter. Try and visually double check what you're doing but the cables you're trying to organize are somewhere dark and partly out of reach, and the twist tie itself is of course an inscrutable black. Go back the other way, don't notice any progress because you tightened it too much on your first attempt, question your initial decision, don't know which way to go. annoyed.
    Rip it all out with wire cutters and get the cable contractor to re-do it.

Thatís brutal. Iíve been thinking about posting that same bitch, but about the twist ties on the fresh bread from Whole Foods. Your situation is serious, mine belongs in the first world problems thread.
    And I guess that I just don't know

USPS annoys me more than usual today.
    I get packages from France semi regularly and they always require in-person signature for delivery. This guarantees I'll have to pick them up from the post office as I've never once been home to sign for a delivery. This morning I take my delivery notice to the same PO I've been going to for 3+ years and the lady can't find my package. Chaos ensues as there is only one other employee to deal with the long line of geriatric stamp-buyers that always seem to be clogging up the PO. After about 10 minutes the lady comes back and tells me my package is at a different PO and I should really pay more attention. WTF? I've had to pick up about 20 packages from that location over the years, the address is listed on the notice, but I have to guess that my package ended up at one of the other 10 post offices in the valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Thatís brutal. Iíve been thinking about posting that same bitch, but about the twist ties on the fresh bread from Whole Foods. Your situation is serious, mine belongs in the first world problems thread.
    ha! happens with bread too, and too many other places. Seems like half of any electronic gizmos I buy have a "helpful" little twistie tied the wrong way around something.

wtf. who has the instinct to tighten stuff backwards in the first place?
    Thought it might be cultural like driving on the left, or like toilets flushing the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, but righty-tighty is universal, right?

^^ No, *universal* is a pair of wire cutters. Clip those babies off, and toss them!

My peeve is Monoprice ethernet cables. A recent batch had three twist ties per cable. And each was individually wrapped.

I don't always have wire cutters/dykes handy - but if I end up doing more than one or two, that's my solution.
    [Though I don't generally have them in the kitchen to cut 'em off loaves of bread - so there's that.]

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Rip it all out with wire cutters and get the cable contractor to re-do it.
    The Alexander the Great solution

Paying $$$ at the stealership for a synthetic oil change and after getting a "engine service required" warning, finding out they overfilled it by probably ~2 quarts. I've already syphoned out over a quart and it's still more than an inch over the full line on the dipstick. So damn annoyed. Any advice? How bad for the engine is that? It's been a couple of weeks since the oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thought it might be cultural like driving on the left, or like toilets flushing the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, but righty-tighty is universal, right?
    For a while there in like the 60s Chrysler put left-handed threads on the drivers side wheel hubs. Totally fucked up. Righty-tighty people! Or have a good reason and clear instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    ^^ No, *universal* is a pair of wire cutters. Clip those babies off, and toss them!

My peeve is Monoprice ethernet cables. A recent batch had three twist ties per cable. And each was individually wrapped.

I don't always have wire cutters/dykes handy - but if I end up doing more than one or two, that's my solution.
    [Though I don't generally have them in the kitchen to cut 'em off loaves of bread - so there's that.]
    I suppose that’s better than tearing open the plastic bread bag. I’ll start carrying my leatherman when I fix breakfast.

I for one am glad this fucking annoying thing has been addressed here.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Early season conditions at the local ski hill suck, so I went up with a sawzall to do a little trimming on a sidecountry line that's super brushy. Except when I got to the summit, I realized I left the blades for the sawzall on my counter at home. So I ditched the pack at the summit and skied a few laps. Except all of the chairs promptly broke down, so I got stuck on the back side of the hill for a half hour. And once I got back to the frontside, early season terrain closures meant I had to spend 20 minutes on the stupid bazillion mile long cat track to get back to the only functional lift to retrieve my backpack (and unused sawzall) at the summit. At which point I had to do another lap on the bazillion mile long cat track, since it's the only open run back to the parking lots. So I managed to not only fail on my alder trimming mission, but I also spent all afternoon waiting for lifts to get fixed and skiing long, traversing cat tracks.

Sum dayz you set out to get it all dun and ends up very little happens.

At least you got to slide around on whitey stuff.

I spent the day finishing up a re handle an axe head, drinking beer and starting the wood stove back up plus it rained all day.

Needless to say I did not ski.
    watch out for snakes

After I took one of the AP physics tests I was talking to my friends about a question and how I thought about the problem. At some point I looked down and realized I was discussing a right hand rule and using my left hand. I did that on the entire question. Fuck that was dumb.

I've been more careful since then but also I might be less dyslexic than I was

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Paying $$$ at the stealership for a synthetic oil change and after getting a "engine service required" warning, finding out they overfilled it by probably ~2 quarts. I've already syphoned out over a quart and it's still more than an inch over the full line on the dipstick. So damn annoyed. Any advice? How bad for the engine is that? It's been a couple of weeks since the oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Definitely get that oil sucked out so it's back in the normal range. Then call up the f****** manager of the service department and tell him you want a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Alexander the Great solution
    You've clearly never seen some of the rack and stack jobs I've had to get re-done.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You've clearly never seen some of the rack and stack jobs I've had to get re-done.
    Oh, I'm all in favor of Alexander's solution to untying the Gordian knot. It's how I would do it.
    And how did I ever make it this far in life without knowing what rack and stack meant (of course it didn't exist for most of my life.).

I remember hooking up the propane tank to our cabin going left not right. I think some mechanical parts are threaded "backwards" in the opposite direction of travel to prevent loosening over time.

Shit that annoys you

Something went haywire when I posted to gear swap on app. Threw me into tech talk.. annoying!
    I went to advance edit on PC but cannot find a way to move a thread. Does anyone know how? Thanks

There's a fair amount of stuff that's reverse threaded to avoid loosening, left-side bike pedals are one example.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Something went haywire when I posted to gear swap on app. Threw me into tech talk.. annoying!
    I went to advance edit on PC but cannot find a way to move a thread. Does anyone know how? Thanks
    Report your own thread. Ask for it to be moved to where you want it. Anyone who reads the report will have the power to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Report your own thread. Ask for it to be moved to where you want it. Anyone who reads the report will have the power to do it for you.
    Complex. Relies on other peeps.
    Why not delete thread/start over?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Complex. Relies on other peeps.
    Why not delete thread/start over?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Normally I would but just spent 45 mins creating sale thread with 10+ items and 30 pics

Shit that annoys you

If I were designing an automatic twist tyeing machine, the twist action would be run by a rack or an air cylinder, so one is twisted CW, the next one is CCW on the return stroke.