Page 910 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I just saw a Christmas commercial on TV.
    I'd take Christmas commercials in july if it meant I never had to see a political ad again.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Either you're going to hold it open or not. Doing it for accolades seems kinda silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    I don't do it to be stroked, but being appreciative shouldn't break a sweat off your brow either.

Not to do so reeks of elitism
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    <snip>
    Not to do so reeks of elitism
    You must be new to America?

Microsoft Word automatically hyperlinking to an network address I enter into the document I am typing. More often than not I the link is to a computer or folder that is on some network I am currently not VPN'd into so Word freezes up for 45 seconds while it tries to connect to\validate the link.
    It would make more sense to me to manually activate the hyperlink if I really wanted to do so. There is probably some setting buried deep in Word that disables this but it probably ends up breaking some other function.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Microsoft Word
    FYP
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Microsoft Word automatically hyperlinking to an network address I enter into the document I am typing. More often than not I the link is to a computer or folder that is on some network I am currently not VPN'd into so Word freezes up for 45 seconds while it tries to connect to\validate the link.
    It would make more sense to me to manually activate the hyperlink if I really wanted to do so. There is probably some setting buried deep in Word that disables this but it probably ends up breaking some other function.
    It's not that hard to turn them off, probably take you the 45 seconds it takes for one link to process: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...f-6c8b67ebe3b0
    Scroll down to Turn Off Automatic Hyperlinks

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    FYP
    If I wanted to fuck my post, I would have bought it dinner first.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's not that hard to turn them off, probably take you the 45 seconds it takes for one link to process: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...f-6c8b67ebe3b0
    Scroll down to Turn Off Automatic Hyperlinks
    It took me 1 minute 25 seconds. Thanks for the link.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Holding the door for someone only to have them walk through and not say thank you. Fuck you, I’m not the doorman.
    I always make it a point to say “ oh, you’re welcome.” In a snarky tone.
    I'm with you on this. I would expand it to include stopping for pedestrians and to let other cars enter the road. I always give a wave, but am amazed at how many don't. How hard is it to acknowledge someone's consideration for you? Manners matter.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Stopping for pedestrians is the law in my state. So stopping at the crosswalk just indicates you know the basic driving laws, not that you are deserving of some sort of prize.

I think the "thanks" wave from pedestrians indicates I am doing them soeme sort of favor. I'm not.

Fucking truck stops! The fucking soup here is fucking scaulding! It's as if they use blow torches to keep it warm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Fucking truck stops! The fucking soup here is fucking scaulding! It's as if they use blow torches to keep it warm.

It's prison food, they have to. Vibes. Eat all the hot pizza you want tomorrow.

================================================== ===

So...my sister's hubby's niece is wizbang mathematician. Had $192k in scholarships in her senior year of HS. Went to Ole Miss, of all places, studied risk management. Double degrees pure and applied maths, went to work for Chubb in Atlanta and got another degree from Emory, now lives in UWS Manhattan, still with Chubb.
    Girlfriend's older daughter called from school in NH. Got offered internship with Chubb risk dept in NY.
    Neither sister's hubby's niece or my stepdaughter with the very Spanish name have a clue yet that they are related by my sister's marriage, and my 14 year not-marriage.

Annoying part? Keeping this a secret.

Last edited by highangle; 10-12-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Every time some freshman is driving like a jackass around town they have Washington plates.

The kid that cut me off tonight is lucky I was on a bike and able to bail onto the curb. If I had been in the pickup, that brand new WRX would have a bull bar sticking through the passenger window.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    lol

On Sunday I had some jackass who refused to actually hit the speed limit keep anybody from passing him for almost 50 miles. I know that road really well and had a couple of opportunities to pass and at the last second this moron would swing over the line and cut me off forcing me to get on the brakes HARD. In one spot it opens up to 2 lanes for a few hundred yards and I thought I had it nailed but he got on it and wound it up to over 80 to keep me (or anybody else) from getting around him then immediately dropped back to 2 under. At one point he almost killed a guy on a bike when he went so far over the line he almost ran him off the road before the bike dropped back. I finally caught him off guard and took him in an unlikely spot and he ran up my bumper for the next few miles until we hit some twisties and I dropped him for good.

What the fuck is with some people and this arbiter thing? If my wife wasn't in the car with me it would have ended differently...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    On Sunday I had some jackass who refused to actually hit the speed limit keep anybody from passing him for almost 50 miles. I know that road really well and had a couple of opportunities to pass and at the last second this moron would swing over the line and cut me off forcing me to get on the brakes HARD. In one spot it opens up to 2 lanes for a few hundred yards and I thought I had it nailed but he got on it and wound it up to over 80 to keep me (or anybody else) from getting around him then immediately dropped back to 2 under. At one point he almost killed a guy on a bike when he went so far over the line he almost ran him off the road before the bike dropped back. I finally caught him off guard and took him in an unlikely spot and he ran up my bumper for the next few miles until we hit some twisties and I dropped him for good.

What the fuck is with some people and this arbiter thing? If my wife wasn't in the car with me it would have ended differently...
    sounds similar to the shenanigans on some two lane uphills around here. There will be spots where there's a "keep right except to pass" three lane and that where 15 under guy guns the fuck out of it, either staying in the left lane or, moving right but racing anybody who tries to pass.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Job interviews. Sure I'd like to interview with your recruiter, then wait a week and a half, then the CEO and then maybe the CFO if he would like to interview me as well. How about you get your shit together FFS. Also, not hearing about a job for 3 weeks after the interview. Fuck.

I finally caught him off guard and took him in an unlikely spot and he ran up my bumper for the next few miles until we hit some twisties and I dropped him for good.
    Why didn't you just hold him at 35 for another 50 miles?

I'm a pretty mild mannered person but someone like that might drive me to a crime of passion. what a DB

I guess this is another reason I enjoy living in the least populated state
    skid luxury

sounds like the ownership of the roads here in portland.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Why didn't you just hold him at 35 for another 50 miles?
    “An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind”. M. K. Gandhi (supposedly)....

WHy in the hell are ya going to truck stops to eat soup? It's probably a week old and checked once a day. Put some ice cubes in it.

Do you complain about hot dogs being gross at 7-11 too? Water being wet?

Verizon.

All I want is a third cable box but they say I need to upgrade internet, which requires them drilling holes all over the fucking house to run Ethernet upstairs. Fuck that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Do you complain about.... Water being wet?
    Only if it burns the fucking shit outta my mouth!

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Only if it burns the fucking shit outta my mouth!

On the bright side, you didn't have to taste the nasty truck stop soup after singeing your taste buds.