Page 1599 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 ... LastLast
Results 39,951 to 39,975 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I’m confident the answer is no
    Get this - when the left turn light turned green, she became the *3rd* lane of cars turning left... and she turned with a city cop in the lane just left of her. I have no idea if he pulled her over.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Get this - when the left turn light turned green, she became the *3rd* lane of cars turning left... and she turned with a city cop in the lane just left of her. I have no idea if he pulled her over.
    “Do you know why I pulled you over ma’am?”

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Went to buy our family pass at the local hill to take advantage of “early bird” rates. They canceled online ticket sales for family passes because of abuse, apparently, and family passes could only be purchased between 3pm and 5pm on Tuesday or Wednesday (no exaggeration). I bailed out of work a little early to hit the hill on the way home (it’s literally on the way home, which mitigates my annoyance enough to put up with the BS).

So it’s a long-ass line at the end of the day… the kicker, they require birth certificates and marriage certificates. Initially they wanted all of that before they’d sell the pass, which, I didn’t have. I pressed and they agreed to let us provide proof when we actually picked up the passes. When I told them I don’t actually have birth certificates handy at home either (my ex wife has those) they said a copy of my tax returns would be fine. I didn’t even ask about the lack of a marriage certificate with my partner because… we aren’t married. Maybe they’ll settle for a copy of our mortgage???

Is this at all normal?
    Normal? No. Some proof of residency, maybe, but the limited hours and requiring paperwork that people store away for safekeeping is very un-normal. But this is the same hill/same management that IAS is always bitching about, right? In which case, seems very on-brand for them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Normal? No. Some proof of residency, maybe, but the limited hours and requiring paperwork that people store away for safekeeping is very un-normal. But this is the same hill/same management that IAS is always bitching about, right? In which case, seems very on-brand for them.
    It’s totally on-brand, though they’ve been pouring cash into the hill in an optimistic way and I keep hoping for better long after IAS has given up. It’s right there in the post, if they weren’t 8 minutes from my house on the way home from work I’d tell them to fuck off, the product ain’t THAT great, but if I’m going to get my kids significant snow time, well. That’s what you do I guess. Not sure what the breaking point is. I fear the skiing world has lost IAS which is a deep, deep shame.
    focus.

I fear the skiing world has lost IAS which is a deep, deep shame.
    That would be. He seems to have gone radio silent, but if you see him in meatspace, tell him I hope he's doing well and he's missed.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I gave up on that guy. Tried and tried to be there for him but he’s not able or willing to help himself yet. Nothing but negativity. Kind of a bummer but I just couldn’t do it any more.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That would be. He seems to have gone radio silent, but if you see him in meatspace, tell him I hope he's doing well and he's missed.
    That really sucks. Super bright guy who put down some really good words. Hope he shows up again.

Went to buy our family pass at the local hill to take advantage of “early bird” rates. They canceled online ticket sales for family passes because of abuse, apparently, and family passes could only be purchased between 3pm and 5pm on Tuesday or Wednesday (no exaggeration). I bailed out of work a little early to hit the hill on the way home (it’s literally on the way home, which mitigates my annoyance enough to put up with the BS).

So it’s a long-ass line at the end of the day… the kicker, they require birth certificates and marriage certificates. Initially they wanted all of that before they’d sell the pass, which, I didn’t have. I pressed and they agreed to let us provide proof when we actually picked up the passes. When I told them I don’t actually have birth certificates handy at home either (my ex wife has those) they said a copy of my tax returns would be fine. I didn’t even ask about the lack of a marriage certificate with my partner because… we aren’t married. Maybe they’ll settle for a copy of our mortgage???

Is this at all normal?
    I just applied to start taking my pension--that's as much paperwork as they required (although it was annoying because I sent the same stuff in a couple of years ago when they were auditing the docs to confirm eligibility for spousal health coverage.) But for a ski pass?

Yeah .... no. A fooking' ski pass?!??!? Time to visit corp HQ, drop deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I have no idea if he pulled her over.
    Don't bet on it. The level of stupid shit I've seen people pull right in front of cops lately without consequences is astounding. Capped by a driver blowing through an intersection mid red light with a cop parked right there.

When I used to deliver pizzas--on NYE I ran a red light and took a turn on two wheels in front of the police station. Got pulled over, cop saw the hot box and gave me a warning--"Tell Leo (my boss) this is the last time I let one of his drivers off."

Checking in to page 1000 of this important thread.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Heard from him not too long ago through messaging. He was pretty bummed about that USFS guy that got arrested in eastern Oregon during a prescribed burn.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Checking in to page 1000 of this important thread.
    My app says page 1999
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	433046

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Heard from him not too long ago through messaging. He was pretty bummed about that USFS guy that got arrested in eastern Oregon during a prescribed burn.
    I’m glad you’ve heard from him.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-09-2022 at 09:20 AM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The new Craigslist format annoys me. Putting the description above the photo in the search results is stupid and counterintuitive and violates a very basic rule of publishing: that the caption goes under the photo because that's the first place the viewer's eyes to go look for it. Go back to the old format.

Take laptop out of docking station - go to meeting/whatever.
    Come back to desk. Put laptop back in docking station.
    Mouse/Keyboard don't work. WHY!!!!

This happens like 1/5 times and I can't figure out why. Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Take laptop out of docking station - go to meeting/whatever.
    Come back to desk. Put laptop back in docking station.
    Mouse/Keyboard don't work. WHY!!!!

This happens like 1/5 times and I can't figure out why. Drives me nuts.
    My docking station does similar weird shit, like you say about 1 out of 5 times. Weird and annoying.

Mine won't connect to my monitors probably 1/5 times. Unplugging and plugging things back in, sometimes multiple times, eventually fixes it.

Dell docking stations?

...I didn’t even ask about the lack of a marriage certificate with my partner because… we aren’t married. Maybe they’ll settle for a copy of our mortgage???
    Just tell 'em she's your Service Bitch and that they can't ask any questions.

Same docking station complaints as everyone else, glad it's not just mine. When it works...it's amazing. One single USB-C cable plugs in all of my monitors, speakers, drives, card readers, etc. But when it doesn't work or the screen flickers and I've gotta unplug the dock from power and reconnect a few times...annoying.

It's kind of bizarre that we all have docking station problems. You would think it is a pretty simple device. But then I'm no rocket surgeon, so...

My laptop is a ThinkPad, don't see a brand name on the dock but presumably not Dell.

I have a Lenovo USB C docking station with my Thinkpad. No issues. That’s also what we deploy to staff and we rarely run into problems outside of the occasional bum unit that needs to get replaced.
    focus.

Man, 10 minutes ago I heard that John Mulaney is gonna be near here on Saturday night and 5 minutes ago I found out it's sold out and that's annoying because that fucker's funny.

First clip I found:

Ice you need tix?
    Decisions Decisions