Page 1144 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... LastLast
Results 28,576 to 28,600 of 29393
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    at least your not broke and alone.
    True that. We are happy, even through the storms. The family make me smile every day.

Dumbasses like Richard Westsr

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Woke up one morning last week and the furnace was out. Tried troubleshooting with no success. Called a few HVAC companies before I found one that said they MIGHT be able to get to me that day. I say ok and wait. Managed to fix the issue myself and had the phone in my hand to call them and cancel when the phone rings. It’s the tech saying he’s on his way over. I call him off, thinking that’s the end of it.

Today I got a bill in the mail for $140. Dispute is ongoing.
    Dude, don't you know the good guy local contractors?

If Grand Lake Plumbing, fuck'em.

If B&J, kindly explain that you are not paying.

If someone else, PM me so I know who not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Reviews in general.

I've been here at least 20 times and the food is still terrible.

orly?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

I like the one star reviews on Amazon where the person bitches because Amazon sent the wrong product or something. Hey, that really helps me decide if THIS product is any good!

Small world. Was going to make a post about reviews a few days ago. Someone here posted a link to a heater, looked ok but horrible reviews.

No science to it but my go to is to filter to read only 3 and 4 star reviews, seems to give most constructive intelligible information.

5 Stars have a lot of BS in them just like 1 and 2

“The box it came in was very lively and colorful.
    It was clearly marked that there was a product in it.
    I haven’t plugged it in yet, but I have supreme confidence that when I do, it will fucntikn duly as proclaimed”

What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.

Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.
    oxidation

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    oxidation
    So I should keep out oxygen? How's that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.

Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Obesity.
    better answer

Those Xfinity turtle family commercials. Fuck.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

All the extra water that is injected into chicken. All for the money. I shouldn’t have to drain my cut up chicken breast after cooking it. Fuck You!

Save the juice for the next time you're sick. It's full of antibiotics and hormones.

Deface it in a creative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I knew a guy that had a DIP sign right next to his house. He had made up a stencil with the same font that said SHIT, he'd go out at night and spray it and it would say DIP SHIT for several weeks or months before they'd change or clean the sign. As soon as they did, he'd respray it. This went on for years until he made another stencil to make the sign say ONION DIP.

another sign from my town that was constantly changed was this one, it eventually stayed this way.

Name:  Ed's Ass Works.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  22.6 KB

Ridiculous password requirements. Just got an email at work that I've got a password expiring so I need to change it. The new password must be at least 32 characters long including a special character, a number, and both upper and lowercase letters. How the hell are you supposed to come up with a password with those requirements that you can actually remember without writing it down?

I'll bet there are a lot of passwords out there that are something along the lines of: HowTheFuckAmISupposedtoCreateAPasswordThisLong?123 4

You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I found the PPC sign guy down the street and VERY POLITELY AND NOT RAGEY AT ALL had him take it down from the (brand new) fence. The CPC sign got ripped down by me. Then again a few hours later when the put a second one up.

32? That's absurd.

We had to go from 8-12. So I now have the old password with 1234 at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...
    They need to "bless" a password manager for you to use.

As to your second question - your password manager needs to be protected by a good, strong password *and* two-factor authentication. And yes, theoretically, if someone gets into your password manager, that would be bad.

That said, it's still a WAY better idea than having the same shitty password for everything.