Page 1144 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... LastLast
Results 28,576 to 28,600 of 29393
  1. #28576
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,792
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    at least your not broke and alone.
    True that. We are happy, even through the storms. The family make me smile every day.

  2. #28577
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,827
    Dumbasses like Richard Westsr


  3. #28578
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Woke up one morning last week and the furnace was out. Tried troubleshooting with no success. Called a few HVAC companies before I found one that said they MIGHT be able to get to me that day. I say ok and wait. Managed to fix the issue myself and had the phone in my hand to call them and cancel when the phone rings. It’s the tech saying he’s on his way over. I call him off, thinking that’s the end of it.

    Today I got a bill in the mail for $140. Dispute is ongoing.
    Dude, don't you know the good guy local contractors?

    If Grand Lake Plumbing, fuck'em.

    If B&J, kindly explain that you are not paying.

    If someone else, PM me so I know who not to use.

  4. #28579
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Dumbasses like Richard Westsr
    Reviews in general.

    I've been here at least 20 times and the food is still terrible.

    orly?

  5. #28580
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,322
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Dumbasses like Richard Westsr

    I like the one star reviews on Amazon where the person bitches because Amazon sent the wrong product or something. Hey, that really helps me decide if THIS product is any good!

  6. #28581
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,942
    Small world. Was going to make a post about reviews a few days ago. Someone here posted a link to a heater, looked ok but horrible reviews.

    No science to it but my go to is to filter to read only 3 and 4 star reviews, seems to give most constructive intelligible information.

    5 Stars have a lot of BS in them just like 1 and 2

    “The box it came in was very lively and colorful.
    It was clearly marked that there was a product in it.
    I haven’t plugged it in yet, but I have supreme confidence that when I do, it will fucntikn duly as proclaimed”

  7. #28582
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,340
    What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.

  8. #28583
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    435
    Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.

  9. #28584
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,091
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.
    oxidation

  10. #28585
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.
    Obesity.

  11. #28586
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    oxidation
    So I should keep out oxygen? How's that happen?

  12. #28587
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.

  13. #28588
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.

  14. #28589
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,091
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Obesity.
    better answer

  15. #28590
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,740
    Those Xfinity turtle family commercials. Fuck.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  16. #28591
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,284
    All the extra water that is injected into chicken. All for the money. I shouldn’t have to drain my cut up chicken breast after cooking it. Fuck You!

  17. #28592
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,091
    Save the juice for the next time you're sick. It's full of antibiotics and hormones.

  18. #28593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.
    Deface it in a creative manner.

  19. #28594
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Deface it in a creative manner.
    I knew a guy that had a DIP sign right next to his house. He had made up a stencil with the same font that said SHIT, he'd go out at night and spray it and it would say DIP SHIT for several weeks or months before they'd change or clean the sign. As soon as they did, he'd respray it. This went on for years until he made another stencil to make the sign say ONION DIP.

    another sign from my town that was constantly changed was this one, it eventually stayed this way.

    Name:  Ed's Ass Works.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  22.6 KB

  20. #28595
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,322
    Ridiculous password requirements. Just got an email at work that I've got a password expiring so I need to change it. The new password must be at least 32 characters long including a special character, a number, and both upper and lowercase letters. How the hell are you supposed to come up with a password with those requirements that you can actually remember without writing it down?

    I'll bet there are a lot of passwords out there that are something along the lines of: HowTheFuckAmISupposedtoCreateAPasswordThisLong?123 4

  21. #28596
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,764
    You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.

  22. #28597
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Deface it in a creative manner.
    I found the PPC sign guy down the street and VERY POLITELY AND NOT RAGEY AT ALL had him take it down from the (brand new) fence. The CPC sign got ripped down by me. Then again a few hours later when the put a second one up.

  23. #28598
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,135
    32? That's absurd.

    We had to go from 8-12. So I now have the old password with 1234 at the end of it.

  24. #28599
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,322
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

    Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...

  25. #28600
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,225
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

    Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...
    They need to "bless" a password manager for you to use.

    As to your second question - your password manager needs to be protected by a good, strong password *and* two-factor authentication. And yes, theoretically, if someone gets into your password manager, that would be bad.

    That said, it's still a WAY better idea than having the same shitty password for everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •