Page 1174 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 ... LastLast
Results 29,326 to 29,350 of 46044
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    plugboots: I want to cancel this order, since you lied on the confirmation on when it would ship.
    Stephanie: When did you order?
    plugboots: today
    Stephanie: Has is been over an hour?
    plugboots: I just got the confirmation at 10:24. (It was 11:50 at the time.)
    Stephanie: Once an order is placed, we're unable to edit or make changes. While we can cancel orders within 60 minutes of them being placed, we're no longer able to cancel your order as we're now outside that time frame and have already started processing it. Sorry about that!
    plugboots: Also sat on your chat for over 30 minutes
    plugboots: JHC.
    plugboots: That's it?
    Stephanie: I'm sorry, I'm not sure what JHC means?
    plugboots: Jesus Hercules Christ.
    Stephanie: As your order is within our return policy, you can take it into a store along with the documents inside the package for an immediate refund or exchange. If you're not near a store you can set up a return either through our website or though us, and we'll provide you with a complimentary return shipping label.
    Stephanie: Or since you no longer want this order, I can submit a request to have the package returned to our warehouse for a refund. Please keep in mind this is a request and not guaranteed. If the request isn't successful, we'd be happy to help you set up a return to your original method of payment.
    plugboots: Don't do anything. I'll deal with this.
    Stephanie: Ok, is there anything else I can help you with today?
    plugboots : you've got to be kidding
    Stephanie: I gave you all the options we have.
    That feels like every interaction I have had with anyone lately.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    A shit that really would annoy you.

Flushing away time: tilted toilet aims to increase employee productivity

StandardToilet estimates having staffers sit at a 13-degree angle will lead to a 25% reduction in time spent on toilets
    That's awesome.
    multitasking-surf TGR and get a good quad workout.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Stephanie: Ok, is there anything else I can help you with today?
    plugboots : you've got to be kidding
    Stephanie: I gave you all the options we have.
    I think this would definitely be time to invoke the "is there a supervisor I can speak to?" card. It's amazing how sometimes a supervisor is able to do something that you were previously told wasn't possible.

A shit that really would annoy you.

Flushing away time: tilted toilet aims to increase employee productivity

StandardToilet estimates having staffers sit at a 13-degree angle will lead to a 25% reduction in time spent on toilets
    I call this "Technical solutions to political problems."

Like this - in the 90's; "I don't want my employees goofing off, can you remove Solitaire from Windows!?"
    Me: "Sure." All while thinking.... "If their manager can't keep the employees doing their jobs properly and timely without removing Solitaire from their PC's, isn't it the manager [or perhaps the employee or Boss] that's the problem, not exactly Solitaire?"

I mean - who really cares if they're playing games, if they are getting their work done properly and in a timely manner. If they have too much time to goof off, then you need to give them more to do. If they're not getting shit done, then someone needs to address that issue. And finally, getting rid of the toilet/solitaire won't prevent them from doing nothing in a million other ways, probably in ways that will be vastly more destructive to the organization than sitting on the toilet/playing solitaire. [Because now they're pissed.]

Same game, just a different day, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So? I mean, you skied anyway didn't you?
    I've got one of those colds that just comes out of nowhere, hits you hard and zapps all the energy out of you. Couldn't even fathom the drive to the hill (normally 1.45 hours, with the weather today probably ~2.5 hours) let alone doing anything physical. Lame, I know, I know..

Them: person xyz died
    Me: sorry for your loss
    Them: well it wasn’t your fault
    Me: .

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I've got one of those colds that just comes out of nowhere, hits you hard and zapps all the energy out of you. Couldn't even fathom the drive to the hill (normally 1.45 hours, with the weather today probably ~2.5 hours) let alone doing anything physical. Lame, I know, I know..
    Thoughts and prayers. (And hope you get to use those skis soon.)

Thoughts and prayers.
    Yeah, having the hill that far away sucks!

(And hope you get to use those skis soon.)
    Thank you.

we have 2 depts. on our floor, applications and HR; each have one Christmas tree up. there is one person in HR and one in applications, me; that will take the 5 seconds to plug the lights in, in the morning and unplug at night; everyone else walks by and leaves them unlit.

sure, many don't like Christmas for whatever reason; but those that do could plug the freakin lights in once for everyone else. the laziness of people never ceases to surprise.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

It's a war on Christmas!!!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That feels like every interaction I have had with anyone lately.
    Family dinner must be real interesting at Chez Danno.

That is annoying. This year, it was decided that even referring to this time of year as the "Holiday Season" was potentially too offensive, so that went the way of rear entry boots. Our tree lighting ceremony this year was dubbed "An Old Fashioned Downtown Festival," with no mention of any specific holiday, or even the general holidays. JHC.

The building owners here go completely fucking over the top with Christmas, Hot chocolate giveaways, string quartets, Photos with Santa in the lobby.

The one that really annoys me is the day they have a troupe of costumed carol singers performing.. singing from their "Dickensian Christmas" hymn sheets.

Dickensian = deprivation, child Labor, starvation, the workhouse, prison ships...

And on a related seasonal note.

I happened to walk past the corner window display of the downtown Macy's today, it's full of the holiday train scene.

There was a homeless woman having a shit on the sidewalk in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

When someone claims that they never received an email you sent. Even though they are responding to the follow up email you sent.

We all do email, we all know how it works, make some excuse like "must have gone to my spam" or even "I never saw it, maybe I accidentally deleted it". But never received it? This isn't USPS and I'm not stupid, I know you received it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When someone claims that they never received an email you sent. Even though they are responding to the follow up email you sent.

We all do email, we all know how it works, make some excuse like "must have gone to my spam" or even "I never saw it, maybe I accidentally deleted it". But never received it? This isn't USPS and I'm not stupid, I know you received it.
    Tell the truth: I didn't read it.

I had this happen a little while ago. Somebody forwarded an email they say they sent a few months ago. Nobody on the dist list got it. It didn’t hit filters. It didn’t exist on our mail server. No clues in the header.

Pretty sure he was gaslighting us. Not that it mattered one way or the other, but that just made it more frustrating.
    focus.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think this would definitely be time to invoke the "is there a supervisor I can speak to?" card. It's amazing how sometimes a supervisor is able to do something that you were previously told wasn't possible.
    I work in online retail.
    I’m certain our call center has the exact conversation plugboots had many times each day.
    Asking for the supervisor gets you someone just as dumb and ill equipped to handle critical thinking, they just happen to have been at the company longer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s policy, not people

I just wish the help reps could skip the scripts they have to recite--"That must be very frustrating for you. I can definitely help you with that [they can't}" and just get to the problem.

The building owners here go completely fucking over the top with Christmas, Hot chocolate giveaways, string quartets, Photos with Santa in the lobby.

The one that really annoys me is the day they have a troupe of costumed carol singers performing.. singing from their "Dickensian Christmas" hymn sheets.

Dickensian = deprivation, child Labor, starvation, the workhouse, prison ships...

And on a related seasonal note.

I happened to walk past the corner window display of the downtown Macy's today, it's full of the holiday train scene.

There was a homeless woman having a shit on the sidewalk in front of it.

Our kid loves Christmas train shit.

Engines, lights, the whole lot.

Before I forget, Merry Christmas Finn.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Our kid loves Christmas train shit.

Engines, lights, the whole lot.
    Hey, that was me as a kid. I've graduated to feeling that way about airplanes, pretty sure I'm still fundamentally a 13 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Good on you figuring all that shit out Austin! Clueless, careless and wickedly expensive repair experiences is what turned me into a born-again DIY mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Props Austin. Must have been beyond frustrating at the time, but ultra satisfying now, looking back.
    Thanks! What makes me most satisfied is how me going DIY has saved our car for us. After hearing the multiple estimates adding up to more than the car's even worth, we were heavily considering just getting rid of it, which all the known issues would've tanked its value even further. Now we're halfway up the country and it's performing beautifully all the way around. All for a few hundred in brake parts and the cost of some fuses. LMAO.

With the new headlight assemblies I installed too, the car's LOOKING good as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Austin,
    If you get really good at this you can start your own TV show rescuing classic cars and then turn around and sell them at the end of the show.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Austin,
    If you get really good at this you can start your own TV show rescuing classic cars and then turn around and sell them at the end of the show.
    Haha. I'd just end being like Tyler Hoovie where I'd wind up losing my ass on most cars. It has been fun rescuing my own vehicle tho. The interior is SO nice on it that everything I looked at when shopping was a serious downgrade (within my budget at least). Tough to beat those fine Volvo seats!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Two (2) older skiers speaking loudly across the diner about what a great locker one of them scored up at Taos. I'd pay to watch one of them suffer a suden heart attack right now

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.