Page 1709 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 ... LastLast
Results 42,701 to 42,725 of 45937

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I get annoyed at drive thrus where there is no menu visible until you get right up to the order window.

Even more annoying is inside McDs where they have menus on screens now that change the display every few seconds. You're looking to see what they have on the dollar menu there and just as you spot where it is, the screen changes to beverages or something else. Then you get to stand there and wait until it flashes back.
    It’s also annoying that they’d rather train the public on their POS than pay people who know what they’re doing. I’m waiting behind some idiot like me to take 5 minutes to even get the damn order in, then spend another 5 minutes myself just ordering a fucking bean burrito. So then, what, I’m supposed to go idle my car for 15 fucking minutes so as to avoid being pressured into using their shitty robot.

It’s also annoying that then menu is designed by seven figure people to help ensure that you order some shit you didn’t really want. Like I can’t see the value menu and there’s a fucking line a mile long behind me, just give me the quarter pounder combo. Of course! That’ll be 10.50. It’s worse when you’re near sighted because the value shit is always furthest from the speaker. By design.

OTOH, everything but McDonald’s and Carls were closed in Idaho Springs so I went to carls and got a double jalapeño burger for 3.49 and they pulled off a pretty good burger. Hadn’t been there in years and I was totally happy with all aspects of the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Yeah I seldom go to McDs anymore, if I do it's usually for 2 for $3.99 Mcdoubles.

The accepted tradeoff used to be low quality food but at least it was cheap and fast. But prices have gone up so much it's not remotely a cheap option anymore unless you stick only to dollar menu. Quality definitely hasn't improved....no matter how low your expectations are going in McD's seems to always disappoint.

If I have time I'll go to InNOut, a taco shop or grab a sandwich if there is a good deli nearby. Cheaper and better food.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Smith optics. I broke the temple piece on a pair of scrip. Smiths, the shitty plastic part where the screw holds it to the frame.

Called Smith, not warrantied, it was my fault so I get that. Cannot buy a replacement temple? Looking at their products, they have gotten a lot cheaper made.

Fuck!
    I have 5 pair of raybans so when I fucked up the frame I just found a pair I wasnt using much and swapped the lenses

so IME buy more

and don't face surf
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Broken ribs annoy me. Like, really annoy me.
    I feel your pain. BTDT BITD.

Wouldn't it make more sense to board the back of the plane first?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to board the back of the plane first?
    Communist!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People who talk on their phones in public spaces without regard for the people around them. I'm on an airport parking shuttle and a woman got on in the middle of a conversation and subjected the other 10 of us on the shuttle to her conversation for the entire 15 minutes she was on the shuttle.
    They clearly want you in on the conversation, so feel free to ask how the std treatment is going…

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People who talk on their phones in public spaces without regard for the people around them. I'm on an airport parking shuttle and a woman got on in the middle of a conversation and subjected the other 10 of us on the shuttle to her conversation for the entire 15 minutes she was on the shuttle.
    Flew the family to Cancun today from SLC. I’m dumbfounded at the level of entitlement I witnessed today. Nobody seems to give a flying fuck about other people anymore. Me me me me me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    It’s also annoying that they’d rather train the public on their POS than pay people who know what they’re doing. I’m waiting behind some idiot like me to take 5 minutes to even get the damn order in, then spend another 5 minutes myself just ordering a fucking bean burrito. So then, what, I’m supposed to go idle my car for 15 fucking minutes so as to avoid being pressured into using their shitty robot.

It’s also annoying that then menu is designed by seven figure people to help ensure that you order some shit you didn’t really want. Like I can’t see the value menu and there’s a fucking line a mile long behind me, just give me the quarter pounder combo. Of course! That’ll be 10.50. It’s worse when you’re near sighted because the value shit is always furthest from the speaker. By design.

OTOH, everything but McDonald’s and Carls were closed in Idaho Springs so I went to carls and got a double jalapeño burger for 3.49 and they pulled off a pretty good burger. Hadn’t been there in years and I was totally happy with all aspects of the transaction.

It's good practice for buying a train ticket from a kiosk in Europe. While the train you're supposed to board is about to board. At least at Mc D it's in English.

I had to take a written test at the DMV on a computer. It was simple enough until the young woman who was there to help old people came over and got in my way.

Shit that annoys you

Did you pass the dmv test? Failing would be annoying and two of my neighbors did just that recently. They alleged the test questions had changed from previous sample practice tests
    Last edited by mcski; 05-30-2023 at 10:37 AM.

What written test does CA DMV make you take?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's good practice for buying a train ticket from a kiosk in Europe. While the train you're supposed to board is about to board. At least at Mc D it's in English.

I had to take a written test at the DMV on a computer. It was simple enough until the young woman who was there to help old people came over and got in my way.
    Kiosks these days speak at least six different languages including English. And who buys from a kiosk? I've used my phone the three times I've been to Europe since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Fixed it for u

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    QFT

Finding anybody to do anything. Is it just me or every time you need to hire somebody they either don't bother calling you back or if they do quote you a price that says I don't want the job. I'm really getting tired of watching YouTube to learn how to do everything myself because I can't find a professional that wants to take it on.

Todays learning is replacing the motherboard on my fridge followed by operating an excavator I rented to fix my yard.

I can do this shit but my inefficiencies mean it will take me 5x as long as the professional and that annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Did you pass the dmv test? Failing would be annoying and two of my neighbors did just that recently. They alleged the test questions had changed from previous sample practice tests
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    What written test does CA DMV make you take?
    The time I was talking about was 5 years ago when I got a RealID license. When I renewed this year I had to take the exam because of my age--I think they use it as a dementia test because they don't have the manpower to road test every senior, which they should do. You can take the test online or do what I did and do an online course with built in questions to answer. I can't conceive of flunking it. When I took it the time before I didn't know I had to take the test when I went in for the RealID and I passed it easily without any study. I don't know how they're doing in person written tests these days. It wasn't bad to get renewed--I had no trouble getting an appt, I did the application and paid online. I was seen at my appt time, given an eye test (which I squeaked through--will probably have to wear my glasses next time if I'm still alive), had to wait a little for my photo because the new guy didn't know how to work the machine. The only real problem is they used my grandfather;s photo instead of me on the license.

It annoyed me the first time my dad put his pic in the medicine cabinet mirror too

Thing #2 shaved his beard for his summer internship job and he looks like the picture on my license from when I turned 22. Same shirt and everything. He looks nothing like the picture in my mirror, which reminds me that I'm "old". I suppose that's a whole lot better than if he looked like the mailman.

Having norovirus for the second time in 6 weeks

Oh Jeebus .... vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Oh shit. One of life’s more miserable experiences. Good luck.

He said his name was Ralph.

I am thoroughly annoyed that I have to throw away an almost perfectly good, immaculate looking 19 year old washer, only because they used plastic gears in the non-rebuildable transmission.
    And, of course the transmission is no longer available. I found a possible link to one for $629. More than the cost of the washer.

At least the Memorial Day sales are still active… but of course the dryer will have to match…

Your avatar is a perfect encapsulation of what you must be feeling like. vibes, that truly sucks.

Happy day, boys! I get to go walk across the street and have a camera unceremoniously shoved up my innocent, unsuspecting wang.
    Well, at least someone is touching it, I guess.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I doubt very much that your wang is innocent.

But still... +++vibes+++
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy