Page 1103 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 ... LastLast
Results 27,551 to 27,575 of 46052

Shit that annoys you

ex wife takes kid to Mammoth/Reno/Truckee for a vacation - says they’re going to look around for skis for him - so I send her $250 thinking that will go a ways towards something - I’ve been wheeling and dealing, buying, selling, trading here and elsewhere for 20 years - I’ve saved us millions of dollars being creative - I get a call from the kid while he’s at the Moment factory - mom dropped $700 on a new pair of skis - more money than brains I guess, and she ain’t rich
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    If you fight in the gutter, you come out covered in shit win or lose. -my grandma
    Why are people shitting in the gutter?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Cuz they is annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Cuz they is annoyed
    I'd have to be pretty annoyed to wanna climb up on the roof and take a dump hanging over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    - so I send her $250 thinking that will go a ways towards something
    - so you now owe her another $100...

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    It's San Francisco?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Shit that annoys you

One of our critical vendors is migrating us to an expanded platform. It utilizes advanced and more enhanced solutions.

Promises to be a massive pain in the dick. Or a shitload of work, at the very least.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    critical vendors
    “Here’s your Pepsi, fatass”

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Smoke alarm went off at 3am this morning. They are all hard wired together so they all go off, mechanical voice saying "fire, fire, fire". We jump up and start investigating, but it stopped after 5-10 seconds. We scoured the house for a reason, stuck my head outside to see if there was nearby smoke, nothing.

Annoying AF.

Anyone know why that could happen?
    How old are the smoke detectors? They supposedly only have a 10 year lifetime. Was it humid in the house?

Do you know which detector went off? Check to see if the light on any of them is a different color or blink pattern. Some give a visual indication of being triggered until reset (holding the test button). Then, maybe troubleshoot that one detector.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    - so you now owe her another $100...
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    How old are the smoke detectors? They supposedly only have a 10 year lifetime. Was it humid in the house?

Do you know which detector went off? Check to see if the light on any of them is a different color or blink pattern. Some give a visual indication of being triggered until reset (holding the test button). Then, maybe troubleshoot that one detector.
    They are maybe 3 years old. Not very humid in the house as we have central AC and live in Colorado. But didn't know about the light possibly being different color. Will look at that.

It didn't go off last night, so I got that going for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The splash back affect from a recently cleaned porta potty.

AKA, the poor mans bidet.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    “Here’s your Pepsi, fatass”
    Does Pepsi portend value add proportional to upfront capital outlays and ongoing investment? Can we expect disruptive improvement to our best of breed business solutions when accompanied by a rigorous iterative change management paradigm?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    The splash back affect from a recently cleaned porta potty.

AKA, the poor mans bidet.
    Atomic Blue Backslash!

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Does Pepsi portend value add proportional to upfront capital outlays and ongoing investment?
    Oh, believe you me, it fuckin’ portends alright.

Can we expect disruptive improvement to our best of breed business solutions when accompanied by a rigorous iterative change management paradigm?
    I’m going to keep it real here Mr. Mustonen, it’s going to depend on your implementation. But between you and me, we’ve seen amazing numbers when your ICMP’s are “rigorous as all fuck”.

Stupid scammers from India trying to sell me software repair services because they found errors from my computer. So now I'm sitting here for an hour and a half scanning my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Stupid scammers from India trying to sell me software repair services because they found errors from my computer. So now I'm sitting here for an hour and a half scanning my computer.
    I'm a technoidiot but IME you can just ignore these scammers. They don't actually know what's going on with your computer; if they had access to it they'd just shut it down and make you pay.
    Some years ago we had problems with an HP computer; HP tech support actually sent us to Indian scammers who sold us a bunch of services we didn't need and were hard to get rid of. HP seems better now; although their tech support is still in India it seems legit now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They don't actually know what's going on with your computer; if they had access to it they'd just shut it down and make you pay.
    ^ This.

It's easier to find dupes than it is to actually "hack" your machine.

When Social Security or the IRS phone you with dire warnings of enforcement action.. you can ignore those too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm a technoidiot but IME you can just ignore these scammers. They don't actually know what's going on with your computer; if they had access to it they'd just shut it down and make you pay.
    Some years ago we had problems with an HP computer; HP tech support actually sent us to Indian scammers who sold us a bunch of services we didn't need and were hard to get rid of. HP seems better now; although their tech support is still in India it seems legit now.
    That said - if you haven't run a Malware Bytes scan recently (esp if you have kids), you might want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    The stupid is the point. It's meant to weed out all of the non-stupid people quickly
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-and-obvious/

definitely virus scan/etc said computer

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The stupid is the point. It's meant to weed out all of the non-stupid people quickly
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-and-obvious/

definitely virus scan/etc said computer
    We were the subjects of one of those email scams where they hijack our email and send this to all our contacts: "Help, we're in London and all our money and cards were stolen. Please wire money." Two people called us to see if we were OK--my cousin the psychiatrist and a lawyer we had used. Disappointed in both.
    Last edited by old goat; 08-19-2019 at 04:47 PM.

We were the subjects of one of those email scams where they hijack our email and send this to all our contacts: Help, we're in London and all our money and cards were stolen. Please wire money. Two people called us to see if we were OK--my cousin the psychiatrist and a lawyer we had used. Disappointed in both.
    Check your PMs.

Maybe we could start a gofundme for you guys.

Whereabouts in London?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Check your PMs.

Maybe we could start a gofundme for you guys.

Whereabouts in London?
    Maybe a gofundme for lessons on adding spacing or quotation marks to a story so it's more clear

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Maybe a gofundme for lessons on adding spacing or quotation marks to a story so it's more clear
    That was my point... thanks.

....fuck