Page 1165 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 ... LastLast
Results 29,101 to 29,125 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I could totally do that. Trailer ingenuity.

Confession: I've never had laundry of any kind in my life. But I can engineerd stufz physically.

I would totally make that work. Hold my beer.
    What do you do? Do you just buy new clothes when they get dirty? Are you Jack Reacher?
    focus.

He’s a lizard.
    They don’t have laundry either.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I'm giving it a brief cool-down period, although that could be a while since the guy seems to be in the office for about 10 hours per week. I'm only half-concerned for what I might say without thinking since I hate the job and didn't think much of this guy to begin with. Trouble is, I like getting paid.
    Just try to approach it level-headed and rationally. He needs to have a better explanation than "it's rude" to leave your bike there. Is it a safety concern? Is this an area where customers enter and he thinks having bikes there is unprofessional?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What do you do? Do you just buy new clothes when they get dirty? Are you Jack Reacher?
    He takes his dirty clothes down to the river and beats them on rocks. You might consider this taking the "paleo" thing too far, but some people are into it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Just try to approach it level-headed and rationally. He needs to have a better explanation than "it's rude" to leave your bike there. Is it a safety concern? Is this an area where customers enter and he thinks having bikes there is unprofessional?
    May I suggest leaving a kayak in the lobby?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

sigh.... getting tapped for a China trip to un-fuck a project I called months ago a total fuck up.

State of CO has determined that they think I forgot to pay them $16 for my business license for the year 2015. Unless I send them the front and back of the check used to pay the fee (bank has the back side and most likely not 5 years old or without a fee to obtain) or apply for a formal hearing they wil expect it paid in 30 days. If I fail to choose an option above, I’ve been informed there will be interest and penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    State of CO has determined that they think I forgot to pay them $16 for my business license for the year 2015. Unless I send them the front and back of the check used to pay the fee (bank has the back side and most likely not 5 years old or without a fee to obtain) or apply for a formal hearing they wil expect it paid in 30 days. If I fail to choose an option above, I’ve been informed there will be interest and penalties.
    When I moved to Colorado 27 years ago, I had something like $300 of income in the state (most of it was in Washington), and my back of the envelope calc said they owed me $12, so I didn't bother filing. Years later, they looked at my total federal income, saw I paid little in taxes, and sent me a letter demanding I file my taxes or send them hundreds of dollars. I tracked down all the info, filed, and they sent me the twelve dollars.

[/Cool story bro]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It’s amusing that you don’t get interest applied to late refunds. But you get smacked hard for late payments

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The bank will have the back side.... should retain for 6 or 7 years.... you’re probably right about the fee, though.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    No shit. Somebody needs lessons in being an adult.

I'm giving it a brief cool-down period, although that could be a while since the guy seems to be in the office for about 10 hours per week. I'm only half-concerned for what I might say without thinking since I hate the job and didn't think much of this guy to begin with. Trouble is, I like getting paid.
    Sounds like a certain local engineering firm a friend used to work for. I also find it amusing(wrong thread..) that in a town that prides itself on a certain image that riding your bike to work gets you shit from your boss.

You mean amusing, like, "stab me in the eye balls with a red hot needle and then burn all the hair off my body" amusing??

DO I AMUUUUUSE YOU?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    sigh.... getting tapped for a China trip to un-fuck a project I called months ago a total fuck up.
    Not possible to un-fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Ahhh, this would, of course, be a good approach with most anyone else. It is not a safety concern. We do not have customers coming and going. Boss man acts personally attacked if someone asks about the overall direction of the company or even, god forbid, plans for the current contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Sounds like a certain local engineering firm a friend used to work for. I also find it amusing(wrong thread..) that in a town that prides itself on a certain image that riding your bike to work gets you shit from your boss.
    Hoooooooo boy, PM incoming. I've gotta think we're one of the few, uh, "professional" firms in town where bikes are parked outdoors.

This is a person who occasionally makes laps through the office, with minions in tow, determining whether desks/lab benches are in their ideal places.

Oh, that one's not? That has to be moved to the left, about 3 inches.

The dogs are on edge, they have been for a couple days. Barking at every god damn thing. My theory is it's all the package deliveries. But there's nobody here, so STOP BARKING!! I'm trying to watch a game here, yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The dogs are on edge, they have been for a couple days. Barking at every god damn thing. My theory is it's all the package deliveries. But there's nobody here, so STOP BARKING!! I'm trying to watch a game here, yeesh.
    Same with my dog. She hears the UPS truck and goes apeshit. I think it’s learned cause the UPS guy comes up to the door, she barks like crazy and then the dude leaves. She probably thinks she’s saving the house from an intruder every day.

My senile old pooch barks at my truck if I park it in the wrong place.

Speaking of pooches, my guy seems to be going deaf. That annoys me because I still think he is 4, but he’s 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our oldest dog Lily is 14 and deaf as a post now. She's doing good otherwise so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Our oldest dog Lily is 14 and deaf as a post now. She's doing good otherwise so I'll take it.
    I got that dog door that you recommended (Security Boss, seems solid, thanks) and my old dog has been walking up to it and barking at it for a full day now. I don't think she can hear or see well.

Edit: this doesn't really annoy me, I just hope she learns to use it.

That's funny. And yeah I don't think you'll have any trouble with that door, good choice.

Fox College Football guy yelling after every play.

Neighbor lets all his leaves fall before he gets someone over to clean them up. Completely understandable. What I can't understand is hiring the leafblower dude to come by on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON and blow leaves for 3 straight hours.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I got that dog door that you recommended (Security Boss, seems solid, thanks) and my old dog has been walking up to it and barking at it for a full day now. I don't think she can hear or see well.

Edit: this doesn't really annoy me, I just hope she learns to use it.
    Have you tried crawling through it yourself to lead her? We had to do that for a dog once.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Killer lower back spasms that come out of nowhere. I’m super-annoyed so I don’t have anything funny about it to write. Just go ahead and read the next post.