Page 1061 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... LastLast
Results 26,501 to 26,525 of 46062
    I love the people who low ball you (like half the asking price) and then end it with 'and I'll pay cash, today!!!!" like it's a bonus

no shit you are paying cash, you think i'm taking checks?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I love the people who low ball you (like half the asking price) and then end it with 'and I'll pay cash, today!!!!" like it's a bonus

no shit you are paying cash, you think i'm taking checks?
    I once had a guy who refused Venmo but said he would take a check. That was weird.

Had a guy buy an old dresser recently. It was listed for $50, he offered $40 and I accepted. He showed up with a $50 bill and asked if I had change. WTF? I had 5'er, he took it, sheepishly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Had a guy buy an old dresser recently. It was listed for $50, he offered $40 and I accepted. He showed up with a $50 bill and asked if I had change. WTF? I had 5'er, he took it, sheepishly.
    He told his wife he paid $50 and was hoping to use the change for beer money. Duh!

A few years ago I was selling an old fixie for $100. Dude texts me to ask if I'd take $80, I tell him that works for me. He shows up and he has $37 on him. Tells me his wife took a bunch of money out of his wallet and that's all he has, take it or leave it. I probably would have taken $50 just to get him out of my face but the stack of humid $1 bills he handed me pissed me off so I shrugged and told him I'd pass. Dude looked like I had insulted 12 generations of women in his family by refusing to sell him something for 45% of the asking price. He left cursing and threatened to leave me a poor review on KSL... which doesn't take reviews.

People are so fucking bad at haggling. List something and you get 12 messages asking how low you will go. How's this asshole, show up and haggle in person instead of having me do your homework for you. Lowball reasonably after taking a look at the item. And no, meeting somewhere to look at said item doesn't mean we're now under contract for the sale. I can still tell you to eat a dick if you decide you'd rather pay $3 instead of the $20 I'm asking for...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

People are so fucking bad at haggling. List something and you get 12 messages asking how low you will go. How's this asshole, show up and haggle in person instead of having me do your homework for you. Lowball reasonably after taking a look at the item.
    I posted this EXACT sentiment here, I think in sprocket rockets a couple years ago, and a buncha people were miffed at me. When THEY were the shitty negotiators, not me, but didn't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I posted this EXACT sentiment here, I think in sprocket rockets a couple years ago, and a buncha people were miffed at me. When THEY were the shitty negotiators, not me, but didn't realize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I rarely sell anything online anymore bc dealing with imbeciles is not worth the $ - I'd rather bring it to the church store and be done with it

I also once had a guy buy a set of tires from me
    asked $100 and he asked if I would take $75. I said no but he still wanted them anyway bc it was a sick deal (new blizzaks -usually $200 EACH)
    he was local so I said I would take a check and the fuckface wrote the check out for $75.
    I didnt notice right away and had to call him out on it but made him come back and give me the $100
    I hate having to be confrontational like that. and he knew what he was doing.
    but what a dumbass too using a check and then trying to swindle me
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I rarely sell anything online anymore bc dealing with imbeciles is not worth the $ - I'd rather bring it to the church store and be done with it

I also once had a guy buy a set of tires from me
    asked $100 and he asked if I would take $75. I said no but he still wanted them anyway bc it was a sick deal (new blizzaks -usually $200 EACH)
    he was local so I said I would take a check and the fuckface wrote the check out for $75.
    I didnt notice right away and had to call him out on it but made him come back and give me the $100
    I hate having to be confrontational like that. and he knew what he was doing.
    but what a dumbass too using a check and then trying to swindle me
    That's some brazen behavior right there...

Agree with the sentiment about donating stuff rather than fighting idiots for $3.
    When I moved in with Ms Boissal we had to consolidate 2 households worth of stuff in the smaller of the 2 houses. We picked what we wanted to keep and listed the rest on KSL with a 2 week timeline before it all went to charity. A bunch of people contacted me right away with specific questions, gave me a time they wanted to come by, showed up on time with cash, didn't bother lowballing me (everything was priced to sell), thanked me for the deals, and were on their way. I helped most of them load furniture in their cars as they all seemed to be really nice old ladies. Pleasure doin' business with you ma'am!
    All the interactions I had after day 3 were shit, similar to your experience. People showing up 3 hours late or not at all, freaking out because I had given away the houseplant they never mentioned wanting, asking for free shit on top of what they were buying because they had driven all this way... A guy handed me $80 in 10s and what do you know, a couple of $1s had snuck in the pile and displaced two of the 10s. The things that happen in one's wallet right? One lady texted me 3 days in a row with a time to meet and didn't show 3 days in a row. She lost her shit on day 4 when I texted her that she could pick up the lamp she wanted at Goodwill. She gave me an asinine review on NextDoor about being rude and deceitful and double selling items (what?). Her account was suspended within days. A guy told me he recognized the speaker I was selling because "that black dude" had stolen it from him. Obviously had to be a black dude...

The people at Goodwill were psyched to get the stuff and I'm sure it will find a better home than with any of the vampiric KSL twats.

vampiric twats.
    That would be a good name for an all female goth band.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Damn seat heater keeps coming on in the truck over and over and roasting me. A few days it hapened once, by yesterday it happened like 5 times, today in a 15-minute drive it must have come on a dozen times. Youtube did teach me how to disable it, so I got that going for me...

Suicidal picnic tables is a good name for a punk/alt/folk trio.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Suicidal picnic tables is a good name for a punk/alt/folk trio.
    I knew some guys in a Mpls band called “Near Death Picnic.” Good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Damn seat heater keeps coming on in the truck over and over and roasting me. A few days it hapened once, by yesterday it happened like 5 times, today in a 15-minute drive it must have come on a dozen times. Youtube did teach me how to disable it, so I got that going for me...
    Swamp ass for days. Absolutely unacceptable in the summer. Every time I get in my wife's car the seat heater is on. You'd think it would turn off and stay that way when you shut off the engine but no, they had to build a memory relay in there to make sure not a single second is spent in the car without the ass toaster on.

I hate seat heaters winter or summer.

A few minutes to get the seat off stone cold freezing in winter is fine with me but over and over in summer is annoying.

I love my seat coolers.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I love my seat coolers.
    Those aren't seat coolers, they're the cans of beer you forgot were in your back pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dropped off a ton of shit at the goodwill today, felt good.
    Don't forget to wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dropped off a ton of shit at the goodwill today, felt good.
    Nothing like a good donation first thing in the morning.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just finished composing a comment on another TGR thread, stood up, slipped on the flip flops to head outside for a smoke and felt the squishy feel of cat puke on the underside of my bare foot. Sufficiently annoyed.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Just finished composing a comment on another TGR thread, stood up, slipped on the flip flops to head outside for a smoke and felt the squishy feel of cat puke on the underside of my bare foot. Sufficiently annoyed.
    That's vile. We have a puker cat who loves to leave offerings right outside of the bedroom door. Makes every nightly trip to the bathroom a major gamble.

Our Alzheimer kitty is amazing at detecting anything out of place and pissing on it. Like the shoes I put on before running out the door this AM. I have 2 meetings this afternoon and I smell like an encampment of homeless Southern drunks at the end of the summer.

That's vile. We have a puker cat who loves to leave offerings right outside of the bedroom door. Makes every nightly trip to the bathroom a major gamble.
    One of my cats is a near-daily puker, I feel you.

I smell like an encampment of homeless Southern drunks at the end of the summer.
    Sig-worthy.

4 hours of sleep a night for decades is at least annoying.

Naw ..... it's pathological.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    One of my cats is a near-daily puker, I feel you.

I have a barn cat that is a "scarf n' barf" eater. I was thinking of writing a book about him called "Sparky has an eating disorder."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism