Page 1107 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... LastLast
Results 27,651 to 27,675 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    sales prevention department.....
    The store manager at that branch of Lowes "doesn't deal with customer complaints in person"...

I knocked over a display of about 200 plastic Halloween pumpkins wheeling my washer out of the store... when fork lift driver got back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I knocked over a display of about 200 plastic Halloween pumpkins wheeling my washer out of the store... when fork lift driver got back and I did not give a shit.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 08-28-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    and I'm still annoyed, my 3rd email asking for money yesterday didn't spur a single one of the 4 to actually pay me.
    Next time set a deadline with a vig to kick in after that date. You owe $15, but it becomes $20, then $25, etc.

Went to the second store yesterday to pick it up.

Forklift driver is on lunch break. No other employee can get it off warehouse shelving... "he'll be back in an hour"
    Well now I'm starting to just feel sorry for you.

Lowes.

Washing machine craps out at weekend. Attempted fix/part didn't bring it back to life.

Fuckit. Buy new one online for pick up at local store - they have 3 in stock. Get email that it's available for collection.

Turn up at local store. They don't have my washing machine or any others. Order has been transferred to different store an hour away. Ask local store to call new store to confirm they do have one for me if I drive there. "Those guys never answer the phone, you're better off just waiting for an email to tell you it's ready for collection"...
    My sister ordered a washer and dryer and they delivered her a set that uses European voltage, then tried to charge her a 25% restocking fee to return them. Pretty sure this was Home Depot, though.

My kid in Boston ordered new windows, installed, from Lowes. Took a year and a half. In fairness he lives in a condo on the 4th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My sister ordered a washer and dryer and they delivered her a set that uses European voltage, then tried to charge her a 25% restocking fee to return them. Pretty sure this was Home Depot, though.
    I bought a bosch dishwasher that didn't have the special power cord with the unit and spent 2 days talking to different departments of a national chain. I walked into a store and got nowhere, saw the cord inside the demo unit , picked it up and walked out with it . I guess it was technically shop lifting but fuck them, I want my sanity back and I was sick of washing dishes by hand.

anarchist....

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I bought a bosch dishwasher that didn't have the special power cord with the unit and spent 2 days talking to different departments of a national chain. I walked into a store and got nowhere, saw the cord inside the demo unit , picked it up and walked out with it . I guess it was technically shop lifting but fuck them, I want my sanity back and I was sick of washing dishes by hand.
    Sometimes if there’s no one in sight, I’ll run a stop light. We’re brother scofflaws.

Forklift driver is on lunch break.... "he'll be back in an hour"
    Good for him. Too fucking bad if treating someone like a human being inconvenienced you.

Went to the second store yesterday to pick it up.

Forklift driver is on lunch break. No other employee can get it off warehouse shelving... "he'll be back in an hour"
    I know it’s local bias, but this shit would not stand at Homey Depot.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Good for him. Too fucking bad if treating someone like a human being inconvenienced you.
    You stack plastic Halloween pumpkins for a living... right?

Tank swapping is annoying. It takes longer to get a tank refilled but you pay less and you can fill the tank whenever you feel like it rather than worry about trying to nearly empty it. Props to TTL for still filling tanks, and someone comes to do it right away. Unlike Lowe's where apparently there is only one person who can do each task. (Also like Squaw where apparently only one person can drive a cat up the KT road and if that person calls in sick I guess everyone goes home except the lifty running the magic carpet.)

Also, why are there two Florida threads? Why are there any Florida threads?
    Last edited by old goat; 08-28-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Tank swapping is annoying. It takes longer to get a tank refilled
    Not my experience. I go to the RV service shop. It’s much faster for me to have a tank filled than waiting for those HD tweens to figure out where the keys are.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Also, why are there two Florida threads? Why are there any Florida threads?
    This is the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Not my experience. I go to the RV service shop. It’s much faster for me to have a tank filled than waiting for those HD tweens to figure out where the keys are.

This is the real question.
    It goes without saying that trying to get any kind of customer service at HD is a fool's errand.

My local Ace fills tanks quickly. And it is the cheapest in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Oh, and it's even worse now at my local HD/Lowes stores. They've gone fully automated on the propane swaps. Problem is they NEVER work. If it's not a broken card reader, it's a screen that usually says "System error. Please ask an employee for help" or something to that effect. So you go inside to the ONE checkout line open out of like 30 and a half dozen self-checkout lines, line's predictably a mile long, and then the cashier who is swamped, is visibly annoyed that she has to help you or track down someone who can. You finally GET some help and they're clueless as to what to do.

So yeah, just a quick tank refill at my old local Ace Hardware was WAAAAAAAAAY faster than those dumb exchanges. I gotta find an RV shop. That's a good idea. I think some U-Hauls do propane refills too. These exchanges suck. I miss my old house where it had a propane line plumbed for the grill, connected to the house's buried 1000 gallon tank. That setup was tits.

Just about any gas station can refill propane tanks. Swapping is a rip-off; you pay more for less fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Just about any gas station can refill propane tanks. Swapping is a rip-off; you pay more for less fuel.
    Not what I’ve found in the big city
    At the one gas station near me that even has the service, the attendant didn’t even know how to do it and quoted me some ridiculous figure like $80 to fill. FM has swaps for $17.

How much is gas station refill near you?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    At the one gas station near me that even has the service, the attendant didn’t even know how to do it and quoted me some ridiculous figure like $80 to fill. FM has swaps for $17.

I refilled at Fred Meyer's gas station last week; cost about $10.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

Ace hardware is about $12 for a full refill, although I don't usually let them go dry anymore since I got a griil with a tank scale. Aubuchon Hardware is $15 flat fee no matter how much, so I don't go there as often. I swap in my spare around 1/4 full and go fill, so I am not caught empty trying to grill a roast with company over. Shit, that reminds me, i took my spare camping and haven't refilled it. D'oh.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Clearly his getting a lunch break was the cause of my irritation.

And not that he was the only employee in the whole fucking store that could perform this somewhat vital to their business operation.

Yeah. These are 1st world capitalist problems. How about those people that have to wash their clothes on a tin washboard after a 2 mile walk to a polluted river? You know why the river is polluted? Because the bauxite mine upriver is busy mining the aluminum that goes into making your bloody washer. The washer which operates on the push of a button and allows you the extra time to go online and complain about your washer. That's why.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You know why the river is polluted?.
    Not to code wax rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Except when the tank is nearing expiry date. Nothing stopping me from getting an exchange tank, filling for less than a swap, then swapping it before the expiration date. Best of both for our 20lbs tanks.