Page 991 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 ... LastLast
Results 24,751 to 24,775 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've rolled over 401K's a few times--both Vanguard and Fidelity--and always had to do it by paper. I don't think I had to have my signature notarized but I had to have my wife's notarized. The verification of identity thing is a pain in the ass too, but it's a pain in the ass that hopefully keeps someone from stealing your money. I changed the ownership on a Vanguard account and they required me to have someone guarantee my identity--if I turn out not to be me that guarantor is on the hook for the funds. Needless to say it's not easy to get someone to do this--I went to a couple branches of my bank and begged and pleaded and they finally agreed.
    That sucks.. I did my Fidelity roll over over the phone in like 5 minutes in September (no wife).. Thats such a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Our plow guy charges us to bring a loader in to push the snow banks for more room for snow. In the process he:
    1. destroys almost every driveway reflector I had lined along the sides
    2. buried my propane tank (and the bright orange pole marking it) so I have to shovel it out from beneath a 6 ft. pile of snow.
    3. pushes tons of gravel off my driveway that will be all over my lawn this spring. I will have to pick out and rake all this back onto my driveway before I mow.
    4. sends me a bill for $100.

Thanks!
    I don't miss living in Maine. I know this pain exactly

I am totally annoyed.
    Camping at Bear Valley, the only car in the parking lot, and at 1am this big motorhome pulls up next to me and parks. Then he fires up a generator and leaves it running. Right next to me.
    I drag my ass to knock on his door and ask him to turn it off. He says he runs it all night , for heat. I ask again. “There are no restrictions” I get.
    Finally he offers to move.
    Wherever he went, I can still hear it now.

Asshole.

Low traverses, like low reverse traverse at Squaw. Skiing Headwall north face yesterday from the top--the top was nice, but the rest was 30 or so separate traverse lines coming over from Siberia, from before Headwall opened--particularly bad because of how deep the snow was. Yeah, I get it, people paid their money and can ski anywhere that's open, yadda, yadda, yadda. That doesn't mean they should. Traverse at the top and make one line instead of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I am totally annoyed.
    Camping at Bear Valley, the only car in the parking lot, and at 1am this big motorhome pulls up next to me and parks. Then he fires up a generator and leaves it running. Right next to me.
    I drag my ass to knock on his door and ask him to turn it off. He says he runs it all night , for heat. I ask again. “There are no restrictions” I get.
    Finally he offers to move.

Asshole.
    Dogshit on his door handles this morning?

I usually don't camp outside west Sedona because it is such a shit show now. But last time there I did as the road through VOC was closed so I had to approach from the west. After driving past dozens upon dozens of filled campsites I finally found a narrow doubletrack with some empty sites. No sooner had I pulled in and set up camp but some asshole nearby fires up his generator. Finally turned it off after a couple hours, but all that did was quiet things enough that I could now hear 2 or 3 other more distant generators chugging away all night. Assholes, all of them!

Camping at Bear Valley, the only car in the parking lot, and at 1am this big motorhome pulls up next to me
    That part annoys me in general. When the lot's empty, don't park next to me.

It's not camping if you need electricity.

Winter weather in Vermont.

Ontrac annoys me. Worst delivery service by far, but retailers keep using these shitheads because they're cheap. Last package from them they claimed was delivered in the mailbox - it wasn't. Showed up the next day dumped on the ground.

This week, they've been driving around town with two packages since Monday. Roads have been clear enough to deliver since Tuesday.

Here's the shipping record:

TransactionDate / TimeCityDoor TagDATA ENTRY
    Feb 1 2019 5:48PMTACOMAPACKAGE RECEIVED AT FACILITY
    Feb 1 2019 7:35PMSEATTLEPACKAGE RECEIVED AT FACILITY
    Feb 3 2019 11:56AMRENOPACKAGE RECEIVED AT FACILITY
    Feb 4 2019 6:48AMRENOOUT FOR DELIVERY
    Feb 4 2019 9:03AMRENOREDELIVER ON NEXT BUSINESS DAY
    Feb 4 2019 9:04PMCORPORATEOUT FOR DELIVERY
    Feb 5 2019 9:50AMRENOREDELIVER ON NEXT BUSINESS DAY
    Feb 5 2019 7:20PMCORPORATEOUT FOR DELIVERY
    Feb 6 2019 7:57AMRENOREDELIVER ON NEXT BUSINESS DAY
    Feb 6 2019 6:37PMCORPORATE
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Or when you are parked in the ski area lot, putting on your boots with your doors open and someone pulls up and parks right next to you in line with your door and the passenger can't get out so they ask you to adjust your doors so they can get out while you are sitting there mid-boot change n your socks. GTFO with that shit and don't park so close

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Ontrac annoys me. Worst delivery service by far, but retailers keep using these shitheads because they're cheap.
    I had three of four packages shipped via Ontrac end up at neighbors doors instead of mine. Delivery scheduled for a given day, check the tracking and it shows delivered, but no package at my door. Went door to door and sure enough 2 of them were three or four doors down. Each unit has a different number, so shouldn't be rocket science to put the package for unit 92 at the door for unit 92, not unit 88 or 89. The third package I never did find, but someone put it at my front door the next day. I've never had Fedex or UPS fuck up like that. Even prime gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Or when you are parked in the ski area lot, putting on your boots with your doors open and someone pulls up and parks right next to you in line with your door and the passenger can't get out so they ask you to adjust your doors so they can get out while you are sitting there mid-boot change n your socks. GTFO with that shit and don't park so close
    Forget about the beach at the Basin. Had some fucker park a foot from my passenger side in his fucking Suburban, and skied back to find his kids slamming the doors into my car for fun. Dork couldn't understand why I practically wanted to beat him to the ground.

You need to learn how to drive in ski boots. Practice in an empty lot before you hit the road.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Forget about the beach at the Basin. Had some fucker park a foot from my passenger side in his fucking Suburban, and skied back to find his kids slamming the doors into my car for fun. Dork couldn't understand why I practically wanted to beat him to the ground.

Did you Jits him?

There is no Portuguese word for dork.

But Você amolgou a porta do meu Subaru might work in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    That part annoys me in general. When the lot's empty, don't park next to me.
    Sometimes it can be kinda fun...

A small group of us pitched tents in a field in New Ulm, MN, and went off to a beer festival. When we got back, there was one other tent in the field, right next to ours. They were cranking some shitty euro-disco. We lit a fire; a few minutes later, two hot German au pairs and their male friend came over to say hi. We all proceeded to get loaded; at some point, after most of our crew had hit the rack, the guy starts shagging one of the au pairs, while carrying on a conversation with my friend, the other au pair, and me. We just looked at each other, shrugged, and enjoyed the show. Ah youth.

This stupid eagle watcher parked right next to me in an empty lot a few weeks ago. I was taking off my waders and clearly wanted to change my pants...

I was holding a pair of Jean's, had my wading boots off and my other shoes out and ready to do the switch.

The guy just ducks around with his camera and lens as if I'm not sitting there waiting for him to leave..

Finally I was like fuck it. And I just took my pants off and changed.

how do you differentiate the stupid eagles from the non stupid variant?

and why do they need to watched?

The watcher is stupid. Not the eagle.

They are stupid because they do stupid shit like stop in the middle of the road and block traffic to look at the hundreds of eagles that arent going anywhere til the chum spawn is done and all the carcasses are consumed.

What kind of bait were you fishing for eagles with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You need to learn how to drive in ski boots. Practice in an empty lot before you hit the road.
    You'd be surprised how many people I've seen driving in ski boots (and/or goggles) at Baker over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Finally I was like fuck it. And I just took my pants off and changed.
    What if he got a picture of your cooter and posted it on the internet somewhere?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people I've seen driving in ski boots (and/or goggles) at Baker over the years.
    THat's a long drive in ski boots. Talk about swamped out feet when you get to the hill. I drive in ski boots to the hill and home all the time, but it is about 10 mins away.

I don't think it's from town, and probably most often not even from Glacier. But between HM and WS, road shot, road gap, etc for sure.

THat's a long drive in ski boots. Talk about swamped out feet when you get to the hill. I drive in ski boots to the hill and home all the time, but it is about 10 mins away.
    WHy would you ever drive in ski boots? It's so sketchy.