Page 966 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... LastLast
Results 24,126 to 24,150 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    ...and it's never been easier.
    Especially in the 'ham.

Today, since dui's are the current hot topics what with 2 people getting one in a weeks time, a lady was bitching about her husband getting one that was reduced to wreckless driving... carrying on about the lawyer not wanting to go to trial and how wreckless driving stays on your record forever and it says wreckless driving (dui) on his record....

After all this complaining I ask was he drinking and driving?

She says yes, but that's not the point...

^^^ Yep. I have two friends with DUI’s, both pulled over by the same cop a few months apart. They bitch about what an asshole the cop was; when I point out that they WERE driving drunk, and that the cop was doing his job, they give me blank stares. Self-awareness, people; it’s not hard.

Name:  IMG_0516.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  38.3 KB

And here I thought wreckless driving was a good thing.

I went out to dinner on New Years and was the designated driver. It was all I could do to keep the waiter from pouring me wine. He kept saying "just a little" and I kept saying "no."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    well you are in the heart of wine country
    Funny thing, since moving here my wine consumption has dropped off precipitously.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    probably only really good stuff now when you do
    Oh yeah... Leonetti and Cayuse all the way. Buty or Beresan if I'm slumming.

Freakin' crazy how many wineries we have here in the valley. I can't even keep track of them anymore. The wine the waiter kept trying to pour me was from some place I'd never heard of before yet their tasting room is right on Main Street (that's about all that is on Main Street anymore - tasting rooms).

Automotive repair: some drain channel in the old allroad had gotten plugged again, causing sloshings to slop into the passenger compartment on turning.

Remove layers of coverings to discover that the channel hole in question resides under the battery, requiring bloodied knuckles, crank wad twisting shitfest of rusted bolts and mystery unguents, exposing the need for a 13mm socket and 8 inch driver extender, hot splut fickle splak chunk and a heavy dose of fuckitol.

Wrench clank torque wet clap scrape shat snuk crack shit twisted the battery holding bolt out finally, thankful that neighbors are deaf and 1000 feet away.

Then stress pull yank pinch the fucking battery out of it's quantum spin cycle too small hole dreaming of eviscerating the designers with several dulled spoons.

Fished around in freezing liquids of malignant essence to extract an enormous gray tampon of mouse p00 house treacling malignant solutions of petroleum chemist nightmare.

Finally unclogged the fucking drain after 4 hours of heavy maiming and exercising my vocabulary of profanities.

Made a little boodle of wire mesh to cram into the channel hole, fidgeted that into place and reassembled.

Car started. Buhbye Saturday, extolling the sourness of the snowgrapes today.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

still a cool car though. Saw mine last week for the first time in almost a year and it ran pretty good. It's been out of the weather though. Did manage to rip the "Engine Splash Guard" (the big plastic shield under the engine) off it trying to back up in deep heavy snow. It must be a pretty common occurrence, a new one only cost me $80 and there were cheaper ones available. '04 147K

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Automotive repair: some drain channel in the old allroad had gotten plugged again, causing sloshings to slop into the passenger compartment on turning.

Remove layers of coverings to discover that the channel hole in question resides under the battery, requiring bloodied knuckles, crank wad twisting shitfest of rusted bolts and mystery unguents, exposing the need for a 13mm socket and 8 inch driver extender, hot splut fickle splak chunk and a heavy dose of fuckitol.

Wrench clank torque wet clap scrape shat snuk crack shit twisted the battery holding bolt out finally, thankful that neighbors are deaf and 1000 feet away.

Then stress pull yank pinch the fucking battery out of it's quantum spin cycle too small hole dreaming of eviscerating the designers with several dulled spoons.

Fished around in freezing liquids of malignant essence to extract an enormous gray tampon of mouse p00 house treacling malignant solutions of petroleum chemist nightmare.

Finally unclogged the fucking drain after 4 hours of heavy maiming and exercising my vocabulary of profanities.

Made a little boodle of wire mesh to cram into the channel hole, fidgeted that into place and reassembled.

Car started. Buhbye Saturday, extolling the sourness of the snowgrapes today.
    This, then...
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    still a cool car though.
    ...that, made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

Fished around in freezing liquids of malignant essence to extract an enormous gray tampon of mouse p00 house treacling malignant solutions of petroleum chemist nightmare. .
    Channeling 0FranzBerhnard there, I presume?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

8 hour white knuckle drive back from the coast to quito through some of the heaviest rain i've driven in, impenetrable fog at night not able to see 5 feet in front of the car, semi jackknife coming the other way right in front of me, multiple landslides leaving bolders in my lane, dog jumping in front of the car out of nowhere, insane drivers, etc. etc. etc. soaked my shorts and shirt in sweat.

totally exhausted this morning but i'm glad i was the one driving.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 01-06-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    8 hour white knuckle drive back from the coast to quito through some of the heaviest rain i've driven in, inpenetrable fog at night not able to see 5 feet in front of the car, semi jackknife coming the other way right in front of me, multiple landslides leaving bolders in my lane, dog jumping in front of the car out of nowhere, insane drivers, etc. etc. etc. soaked my shorts and shirt in sweat.

totally exhausted this morning but i'm glad i was the one driving.
    That's not annoying. Third world problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This, then...

...that, made me laugh.
    The guy who worked on mine for years, when I was bitching about the cost of some repair, said, "well what did you expect when you bought the most complicated car ever built?"

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    That's not annoying. Third world problems?
    some of it is third world problems for sure. some of it is beyond annoying. i could have put it in the vent thread. i made a lot of people happy and grateful though so that's good. kept myself out of the news for killing my extended family. probably top 10 hairiest drives for me. the other folks in the car said it was like a video game. shit coming from all sides and they have driven that route many times. it's dangerous normally but yesterday topped all their trips i guess.

Running the snowblower with wind.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    still a cool car though. Saw mine last week for the first time in almost a year and it ran pretty good. It's been out of the weather though. Did manage to rip the "Engine Splash Guard" (the big plastic shield under the engine) off it trying to back up in deep heavy snow. It must be a pretty common occurrence, a new one only cost me $80 and there were cheaper ones available. '04 147K
    Yep; it's the girls car, she loves it. I think it has over 150k on it. Our garage is full of shit, one of the vagaries of moving from a 4300 ft^2 house to a 2200 ft^2 house, so all the sleds sit out in the elements. My manual 99 a4 avant has over 200k on it now.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Having not used my snowblower in a month, I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Having not used my snowblower in a month, I'd take it.
    What's a snowblower?

OTOH I have gotten much use from my collection of waterproof outerwear this "winter".

What's a snowblower?

OTOH I have gotten much use from my collection of waterproof outerwear this "winter".
    Skiing in jeans mostly I assume?

Wayfair commercials.

Skiing in jeans mostly I assume?
    and a heavy duty garbage bag with holes cut out for my arms.

Shit that annoys you

and a heavy duty garbage bag with holes cut out for my arms.
    Hopefully at least one eyehole?
    Oh, wait...clear bag, right?
    Genius

I am annoyed that ads started appearing here again.

200 people in a lift line for a 4 chair and in our line the 5 groups in front of our group of 4 are all in pairs of 2 people. Form groups of 4 please. How hard is that? 2+2 = 4.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Hopefully at least one eyehole?
    I ski by Braille. That's why the chair 7 extreme trees have so many divots.