Page 838 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... LastLast
Results 20,926 to 20,950 of 46288
    Passwords in general annoy me
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Walking out of the house this morning at 7am and realizing it's already 80deg and 100000% humidity.

Sure, the weather report told me it was going to be another hot, steamy day...but when it actually hits you in the face before it's even full light out...it just really annoys me.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not using the same passwords for different sites, at least the ones that matter, makes sense. Changing passwords doesn't, at least not until someone explains it.
    The best passwords are apparently long easily memorized nonsense phrases but very few sites allow that. They almost all have the numbers and special character bullshit.
    It would be nice if every site that requires a login would get with the times and implement 2-factor authentication...

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's cute. It stops before the real dickbags (hornets)
    Evidently the yellow jacket is the most aggressive, more so than the bald/white face but I suppose if they are coming after you with their stingers bared it don't really matter much.

I finally have it down after reading up about hornets vs. wasps last night. Here's something that helped me:

What's the Difference Between a Hornet and a Wasp?

A hornet is a type of wasp.

The insect family known as the Vespidae contains hornets, yellow jackets (which are the most familiar type of wasp for many people), paper wasps, potter wasps, and pollen wasps.

True hornets belong to the genus Vespa within the family Vespidae. The genus is the first part of the scientific name for a living thing. Hornets aren't native to North America, but the European hornet (Vespa crabro) has been introduced to the continent.

Yellow jackets belong to either the genus Vespula or the genus Dolichovespula in the family Vespidae.

The bald-faced hornet of North America is actually a type of yellow jacket, although it has black and white markings instead of the black and yellow markings of the common yellow jacket wasps. Its scientific name is Dolichovespula maculata.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Passwords in general annoy me
    Name:  password_strength.jpeg
Views: 325
Size:  127.7 KB

I have about 8 different passwords I need to remember for work (maybe an exaggeration, but not by much). Almost all of them expire every 3 months. And do not allow you to reuse passwords. And of course, all require at least 8 characters, 1 capital, 1 number, and 1 "special" character. High security, right?

What do you think the result of this high security policy is? Can anyone remember these passwords?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

Yep... me too.

And on top of that we have about ten different websites/apps from different vendors.

You guys might want to check Lastpass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It's a conspiracy foisted by the makers of password manager software.

What do you think the result of this high security policy is? Can anyone remember these passwords?
    Well, ironically it forces us to physically write them down somewhere, which lo and behold, is the MOST likely way somebody is going to nab your passwords. I finally had to resort to doing that myself, though. Grrrr......

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Well, ironically it forces us to physically write them down somewhere, which lo and behold, is the MOST likely way somebody is going to nab your passwords. I finally had to resort to doing that myself, though. Grrrr......
    exactly. I work in a secure building so it's not like I need to worry about someone stealing off my desk, but still... Actually, I store them online, not on a post it, but same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This. It's handy.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. It's handy.
    Emphatically agree. Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I knew someone who did that and ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

drivers who when they come to the left or right turn lane aim straight for the end of the lane at the intersection taking 100 yds to finally get their vehicle out of the lane they were in.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    drivers who when they come to the left or right turn lane aim straight for the end of the lane at the intersection taking 100 yds to finally get their vehicle out of the lane they were in.
    This. Holy shit - just GTFO of the through lane FFS.

Oh - and the same on the highway - slowing down 10-20mph BEFORE getting off into the exit lane...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Or 1Password (but I don’t like their subscription model).
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Shit that annoys you

I have about 8 different passwords I need to remember for work (maybe an exaggeration, but not by much). Almost all of them expire every 3 months. And do not allow you to reuse passwords. And of course, all require at least 8 characters, 1 capital, 1 number, and 1 "special" character. High security, right?

Same.....High Security is not having to have them written down and and in the top drawer of your desk.

So stupid....

Shit that annoys you

This was a shit that annoyed me. Two minutes after I scooped poop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8584.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	240522

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

at least it's you're own dog. I get to pick up shit from someone who refuses to keep his dogs on his own property a quarter mile down the road.

^^^ Bag it up and put it in his mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ Bag it up and put it in his mailbox.
    Here's the thing - he's a real nice guy and I like him. He just doesn't see the need to keep his dogs on his own property. They will probably get hit or picked up someday. Couple of beautiful pedigreed hunting dogs - Black Labs (intact). I don't understand why he doesn't care more. Guess he figures this is the country and it's all good but they have to cross a 50mph road to get to me so it's only a matter of time.

He did that on purpose. Lol.

Nice fence

Well obviously...

You take it all away and they've gotta lay some new track so everyone knows who's yard it is.

When you scoop, leave one out there. It'll calm them down, and they still get to claim with nothing new to prove.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point