Page 724 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... LastLast
Results 18,076 to 18,100 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Even a pickup is fucked up. Have seen a dog thrown out the back and another jump out before. Both were not pretty.
    I’ve always thought about this but never seen it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I can at least put a 'Change for a Nickel' sticker on it. Maybe if I get drunk enough tonight. The kids call her Shotgun Betty- and there's a good reason (long story)- so I'll need to be stealth.
    How about a "fuck the police" sticker on the rear bumper?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Renting cars...fuck it’s painful

That both NCAA games are on TBS and that my sketchy internet feed is clearer than my legit one.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Renting cars...fuck it’s painful
    The process, or the cars themselves?

Personally I love renting cars. Get the insurance and hoon to your heart's content! Common knowledge, but there's good reason people say not to buy ex-rentals.

Getting to the hill only to realize I left my son’s boots at home. Rental lines are a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post

Personally I love renting cars. Get the insurance and hoon to your heart's content! Common knowledge, but there's good reason people say not to buy ex-rentals.
    Ya, i love rentals. I guess I have good luck. Fly somewhere, pick up reserved rental (and often just go straight to car, no counter), have fun, return rental, fly home. What's not to like? Sure, if you want something specific, sometimes there are issues. I had issues getting a mini-van on one trip. There was some extra hassle involved. However, that doesn't mean all rentals suck.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What's not to like?
    Maybe dtown didn't know that rentals are the perfect opportunity to work on his drifting skills or e-brake slides! Also fun to try your hardest to do burnouts with a Malibu or other such cheap-o rental fare. If I don't have respect for the car itself, it gets straight punished. I've been kind to cars I actually liked (like the ultra-pimped out Lincoln they upgraded me to for free once), but if they dare issue me a Corolla or similar, then it is game on.

Maybe dtown didn't know that rentals are the perfect opportunity to work on his drifting skills or e-brake slides! Also fun to try your hardest to do burnouts with a Malibu or other such cheap-o rental fare. If I don't have respect for the car itself, it gets straight punished. I've been kind to cars I actually liked (like the ultra-pimped out Lincoln they upgraded me to for free once), but if they dare issue me a Corolla or similar, then it is game on.
    I enjoyed a Mazda 6 i got once, it was their sportier trim line. Had some sort of manual/automatic so I was able to see what it had. I got stuck with a 2wd Saturn Vue once. WTF??? What a POS. I treated it like it deserved. And the thing bit back. It had this hard plastic trim in the steering wheel where one would hook a thumb to do thumb turning. What a stupid design. I left blood stains. They can clean up their sorry excuse of a vehicle. Speaking of which, back in college, we left one rental on a school sponsored trip with blood all over the back seat. It came from "Massive Head Wound Dave" which is a story in it's own right. The van on that trip took some punishment too. The plushiest rental I had once was one of the Suburban line, Z75 or something like that. It was expensive fun.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Process...tried to save a few bucks and go through Alamo vs Hertz (my mistake).

I do rail the shit out of them though, especially this dope mini van I got, the kids are gonna love taking a few jumps.

Shit that annoys you

When people say that something is “yummy”

Not really sure why?, but man, that annoys the shit out of me.....lol

My landlord was in my apartment while I was at work (I knew she would be) and moved stuff, left the blinds open, and one slat is now broken and doors were unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    My landlord was in my apartment while I was at work (I knew she would be) and moved stuff, left the blinds open, and one slat is now broken and doors were unlocked.
    That's worse than annoying.

Why did she need to enter your apartment?
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

She is selling it so she was showing it to a realtor.

They also moved my stuff around. I'm going to be fucking pissed in they post pictures with my stuff in them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    She is selling it so she was showing it to a realtor.

They also moved my stuff around. I'm going to be fucking pissed in they post pictures with my stuff in them.
    Do you have to move out if they sell it?

In many jurisdictions, a sale does not actually void a rental agreement..and the new owners are obligated to carry over the tenancy.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I have to move by May 31 and I want to.

Having your rental sold out from under you is irritating enough without the added indignity of strangers disrespecting your home. I hope you're able to find a better place to live without too much cost or trouble. I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but in my area rent is out of control.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Yeah it's going to be tough, but I've been wanting to move for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Disclosure: I am the president of my HOA.
    You a fan of "Rants From the hill"?

https://www.hcn.org/blogs/range/road-captain

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    took a day off from tgr and i don’t know where to begin.
    Praxis Rx?

This:

Hate the ads. Vacuous ladies marvel at how this "lipstick" can magically remove facial hair and "you can use it everyday!"

Finishing Touch Flawless Facial Hair Remover

It's a razor ladies, nothing more than a lipstick sized Norelco razor. You're shaving just like your father/brother/boyfriend. It's not magic.

Okay... This really annoys me too. WTF? Now we have to pass laws to raise kids the way they've been raised for centuries? And this "parenting style" needs a name? When I was a kid it was called ... wait for it.... "parenting".

Utah Just Passed America’s First ‘Free-Range Parenting’ Law

The new law, which will take effect on May 8, specifies that it is not a crime for parents to allow kids who display maturity and good judgment to do things like walk to school alone or play outside without supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Okay... This really annoys me too. WTF? Now we have to pass laws to raise kids the way they've been raised for centuries? And this "parenting style" needs a name? When I was a kid it was called ... wait for it.... "parenting".

The new law, which will take effect on May 8, specifies that it is not a crime for parents to allow kids who display maturity and good judgment to do things like walk to school alone or play outside without supervision.
    My wife is forever trying to get parents to lighten the fuck up and let their kids do "dangerous" things, like being children.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

So stupid we apparently need laws like this, but I suppose its due to stories like the ones linked in your article:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lone/25700823/
    https://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/31/l...ark/index.html

I've heard of tons more similar ones. "WTF" is right! Parents and authorities everywhere indeed do need to chill out. Crime has been on a downward slope since the 70s yet trends of over-reaching over-protectiveness has been on an inversely correlating slope.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but in my area rent is out of control.
    The rent is too damn high!