Page 62 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post

Summary
    Sub total: $50.00
    Processing Fee: $4.22
    total: $54.23

wtf? It's only a penny, but it's my fucking penny and if they steal a penny from everyone.....
    Maybe it's like gas. The processing fee is actually $4.229.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    ... idiots that work places can't figure it out

I just figure each place has their own policy and I don't worry about it
    Auto parts stores are the same way concerning their code scanners.

The one I usually go to hands over the scanner if you give them your DL and you can then go read and reset your own codes. My car has a code that randomly pops up every couple of months or so and when the CEL is on the cruise control doesn't work so I like to reset it as soon as possible as I use the CC a lot.

The scanner was broken at the place I normally go so I went to the next place down the road. The counter boy insisted on coming out and plugging the scanner in himself and then he refused to reset the code - said it's a violation of federal law. What an idiot and a total waste of my time. Went on down the road to a repair shop and they reset it for free. Nothing like spending 40 minutes going to three different places to get done something that takes 1 minute...
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

The hard-of-hearing guy who, right now (and often does this) is sitting in his cube outside my office listening to talk radio and making all sorts of weird grunting and throat-clearing noises along with his usual turrets sounds (whoops noises). He's oblivious to all of it and seems a little 'challenged' so I don't say anything (kind of feel sorry for him) but all the sounds emanating from his area bug the shit out of me.

People (usually women) who talk about how things 'offend' them. I worked with a lady who did this. She was offended by this song, that movie was offensive.

We fucking get it. You have delicate fucking sensibilities and are so narcissistic that you think the world should be molded to fit your narrow viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    People (usually women) who talk about how things 'offend' them. I worked with a lady who did this. She was offended by this song, that movie was offensive.

We fucking get it. You have delicate fucking sensibilities and are so narcissistic that you think the world should be molded to fit your narrow viewpoint.
    Irony at it's finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

On a similar, yet different note...women that want to be treated as equals, yet ask men to help them do everything that is difficult
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Irony at it's finest.
    Implying that being annoyed at something and being offended by something are the same thing?

I dunno...people who talk about being offended by something are usually announcing it the world, claiming it is destroying our children, and trying to get someone fired.

Being annoyed by something is something else entirely.

Kids who when a teacher talks to them, keep playing on their phone and mumble when they respond.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

In my kids schools they would lose that phone, permanently. Phone gets turned off and left in your locker from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. Period. No warnings, no exceptions. They see a phone in your hand and it gets taken away - and this is in DC Public schools. First offense the phone can get picked up by the parents. Second offense they sell it.

All the parents had to sign off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    In my kids schools they would lose that phone, permanently. Phone gets turned off and left in your locker from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. Period. No warnings, no exceptions. They see a phone in your hand and it gets taken away - and this is in DC Public schools. First offense the phone can get picked up by the parents. Second offense they sell it.

They sell it???? How is that possible? I cant sell stolen goods!

It's not stolen, it's confiscated... with our permission. There were some blow-ups a couple years ago when the rule was first enforced, but by now everyone knows what's up.

The "selling" part may be an Urban legend. I haven't heard of that happening, but they take it away for 72 hours on the first offense so maybe nobody has pushed it further than that.

^ When they catch a kid in a CO school, with a bag of weed, do they sell the weed?

No, I'm betting the teachers probably take it home for private consumption...especially in CO now.

No, I'm betting the teachers probably take it home for private consumption...especially in CO now.
    Know teachers who have done that-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Close talkers

Worse than that, close talkers that spit as they talk

Worst of all, close talking spitters who swing by my desk and talk about inane shit while I'm eating lunch

I've got a guy who works for me part time who, if I'm having a conversation with him, will follow me around, almost mimicking every move- even in a confined space. If I move two feet in one direction, he moves three feet in that same direction. Can't shake him, I've even pointed it out a few times due to near collisions. Close talker with the spit issue, if I see him coming my way while I'm eating lunch (our schedules work out so that this happens a lot), I get up and pretend to need to go somewhere (he follows me) to avoid him spitting on my food. The more excited he is about whatever it is we are talking about, the more he spits and gets up in my shit. Stinky, stinky breath too.

Feel bad saying this, nice, good, smart kid (college student), probably going to be a millionaire some day and I do often actually enjoy conversing with him, but fuckina his body language/presence issue repulse me and drive me bat shit insane. FWIW, I do have slight issues when it comes to personal space; just don't touch me or get close enough that I can taste your lunch and we'll be alright.

If this guy were a permanent, full time employee I would need to address this, but for 10 hours a week for the next four months, it's not really worth it. It sure is annoying though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

That dog is money.

The guy in the smashed up shitbox tailgating me.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Dammit Hugh, you deserve better than a Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

That is fantastic.

When your 2 year old TV dies just hours before the two most anticipated football games of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    When your TV dies just hours before the two most anticipated football games of the year.
    Easily solved by going to the bar. Just a slight inconvenience.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Yeah, except all the bars are going to be packed and I have a shitload of beer and some sausages in my fridge. I really don't like hanging out in bars, especially not for 6 hours and paying their inflated prices when I could just kick it on my comfy couch in my underwear, drink my own beer and make my own food.

In the big scheme of things an inconvenience, but an annoying one which is the theme of this thread.

When life hands you lemons, go the bar and have them make you some whiskey sours.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

So you're heading to BestBuy then?

How did the TV die? Try unplugging it completely from everything, then add back power & cable connection in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    When your 2 year old TV dies just hours before the two most anticipated football games of the year.
    Samsung?
    bad capacitor?
    been there.
    crab in my shoe mouth