Page 567 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 46195

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    You clearly haven't shopped for motorcycles lately. Entry-level bikes are at least $4,500 these days.

Big bikes are climbing well above 20k.
    Sorry, I meant dirt bikes.

Even still. Look at the amount of material that goes into a $20K KTM or BMW, versus a $10K specialized

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    make fun of it in my head
    Release your inner sarcasm man.

Bottling that shit up can be dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Come to the Snark Side

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My nephew and his wife named their kid "Camden" like Camden Yards. Every time I see them I ask them, "How's little Fenway?"

At a party a few weeks ago I told his wife that if they were such big Orioles fans they should at least have made the kid's middle name "Yards". Some people thought it was funny. She didn't.
    Better than Camden Jersey.

That's what I think of when I hear a parent call their kid by that name.

I know of a black lab named Compton.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Sure, I understand that but all the additional raw material should add up. 250lbs vs. 25lbs
    Raw materials costs are pretty much meaningless in most manufacturing unless very exotic materials are involved. Economies of scale rule all, and the moto market dwarfs the MTB market. There is also the light/strong/cheap--pick two problem. Definitely some dentist fleecing happening at the high end, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Right. Plus the more advanced suspension, that has to handle the extra 250lbs, which I think is the most expensive part.
    Is it more advanced, though? Just because something is heavier doesn't necessarily mean it's harder to make the suspension work right. Kid's forks are a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My nephew and his wife named their kid "Camden" like Camden Yards. Every time I see them I ask them, "How's little Fenway?"

At a party a few weeks ago I told his wife that if they were such big Orioles fans they should at least have made the kid's middle name "Yards". Some people thought it was funny. She didn't.
    My dad was Harry Aaron Goat. I wanted to name my first son after him--Henry Aaron Goat. Plus, my wife has a very rich Uncle Henry. Wife said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    What about women loading the dishwasher?

I do not believe they actually understand how they work. That there are jets of water coming out of rotating arms. Those jets need to make it to the soiled aspect of the dishes and the rotation of the arms cannot be impeded.

Women are reading this right now thinking, what the fuck is he talking about? And now going to look at the inside workings of their dishwasher for the first time.
    I like how a lot of you would rather trash all woman as clueless rather than admitting you simply didn't pick the sharpest crayon in the box to marry. More funny than annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Raw materials costs are pretty much meaningless in most manufacturing unless very exotic materials are involved. Economies of scale rule all, and the moto market dwarfs the MTB market. There is also the light/strong/cheap--pick two problem. Definitely some dentist fleecing happening at the high end, though.

Is it more advanced, though? Just because something is heavier doesn't necessarily mean it's harder to make the suspension work right. Kid's forks are a prime example.
    I guess it depends on the specific variables.

Whats more advanced, a top of line motocross fork, or a top of the line DH fork?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I like how a lot of you would rather trash all woman as clueless rather than admitting you simply didn't pick the sharpest crayon in the box to marry. More funny than annoying though.
    First off, it has nothing to do with intelligence, as illustrated by my wife's much more successful academic and business endeavors (she makes 3-4 times my annual income), but she definitely is a klutz with crayons.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure it is primarily a reflection of how anal any one of us can be about our own little micro-turf, regardless of gender.

My wife is way smarter than me. She still can't load a dishwasher or pack a car for a trip. Spatial reasoning just happens to be tough for women and easy for men. Just one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Sorry Ma'am.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    First off, it has nothing to do with intelligence, as illustrated by my wife's much more successful academic and business endeavors (she makes 3-4 times my annual income), but she definitely is a klutz with crayons.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure it is primarily a reflection of how anal any one of us can be about our own little micro-turf, regardless of gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My wife is way smarter than me. She still can't load a dishwasher or pack a car for a trip. Spatial reasoning just happens to be tough for women and easy for men. Just one of those things.
    Obviously your wives are smart enough to figure out how to make sure you load the dishwasher and the car. And you're both too stupid to realize it. Playing the dumb blonde is as old as---well, blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sorry Ma'am.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Zing! He married me for my looks!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Obviously your wives are smart enough to figure out how to make sure you load the dishwasher and the car. And you're both too stupid to realize it. Playing the dumb blonde is as old as---well, blondes.
    I use this same tactic when I am asked to fold towels.

So .... dumb blonds play 4 D chess????? Damn sneaky.

Also, pretty sexy.

we installed one of these little pivot- out drawers - kit from home depot- that keeps sponges out of the sink
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	721.8 KB 
ID:	212071
    skid luxury

Shit that annoys you

I have one of those. ^^^ I am the only one who uses it.

The one that came with our house sucks. There's no stop on it so everything ends up on the floor if you are spacing out. And the way it is weighted exacerbates the issue.

Ice, it was some name I still can't remember/didn't quite get and I said "Dakota" which is what I thought she said.

Chiiiiiiiiillllllll lady, get a normal name for normal interactions if that's what you're going for.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The one that came with our house sucks. There's no stop on it so everything ends up on the floor if you are spacing out. And the way it is weighted exacerbates the issue.
    Maybe ask for help in Tech Talk? Theres gotta be some type of technology to help you out.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

People that sit with their cars idling. I see this all the time when I get to work in the morning. People just sitting in their car with the engine running while they do shit on their phone or whatever. OK, if it's really cold or really hot I get it. Otherwise turn off the motor!

The pro-skier/aspiring country music singer chick that shot the unarmed homeless guy is what reminded me of this annoyance. Seems like he wasn't a fan of this behavior either.

Saw a car with three dogs in the Keystone parking lot the other day. Windows were covered and engine running for AC. Good for the dogs I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    People that sit with their cars idling. I see this all the time when I get to work in the morning. People just sitting in their car with the engine running while they do shit on their phone or whatever. OK, if it's really cold or really hot I get it. Otherwise turn off the motor!

The pro-skier/aspiring country music singer chick that shot the unarmed homeless guy is what reminded me of this annoyance. Seems like he wasn't a fan of this behavior either.
    There are a bunch of people outside my work eating their lunch alone in an idling car for an hour, even when we have red alert pollution days. Find a nice park with trees and a bench, you losers. The funniest one is the guy who doesn't take down his sun shade, looks claustrophobic and miserable.

this awesome kid, Willie Neal, that was from here started a "no idling" campaign- then he was killed by a texting driver at college but his family has carried it on
    http://www.wnealenvirofund.org/idle-free-signs.html
    now I get that there are some people who once in awhile need to idle their cars for a sec but overall it seems unnecessary
    skid luxury