Page 4 of 1838 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    They have been REALLY bad about that lately. Last year, they owed me a sizable refund. I was supposed to receive it by May or so. I JUST received it last month. A 9 month delay? Oh yeah, in a letter, they will demand their money within a week or so or you face severe penalties, but when it's the other way around? They can take their sweet time. They used to be pretty quick as far as I recall, but these last couple years have been exceptionally bad.
    Wow, a nine month delay is bad. Shit I did mine back at the beginning of Feb and it was sitting in the bank 5 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Wow, a nine month delay is bad. Shit I did mine back at the beginning of Feb and it was sitting in the bank 5 days later.
    Dang. I guess I just have really bad luck with them.

Got another idiotic love letter from them last week. It says I owe them no money and penalties but that I'm in trouble anyway. It says in a nutshell, "Money your corporation owed for Q4 2012 - $XXXX.xx. Money you payed for Q4-2012 - $XXXX.xx. (being the very same amount) Money you owe for penalties and interest. $0.00. Pay by next week or we can take possession of your property and assets." WTF? God, the IRS is retarded. They will send threatening letters, and when I call to inquire and after waiting 3 hours on hold, the reps keep telling me to disregard the notices, that it was a mistake, and that their computer automatically generates those silly letters despite what the situation is. They said that my payment made it on time no problem, that I'm A-OK with them, but that it can take a couple months for the payment processed at one IRS center in one city to reach the system in another city and fully process, thus the automatic letters. It's no wonder people hate the IRS with such a passion.

Granted I do the 1040ez, have no assests, and the only thing I claim is Student loan interest. That MIGHT have something to do with the 5 day turn around time

I noticed that last year with ALL my coworkers. Seriously, what the hell was the point of inviting me to lunch if everybody would rather spend their time texting other people and playing Hanging With Friends instead of actually talking?

They have been REALLY bad about that lately. Last year, they owed me a sizable refund. I was supposed to receive it by May or so. I JUST received it last month. A 9 month delay? Oh yeah, in a letter, they will demand their money within a week or so or you face severe penalties, but when it's the other way around? They can take their sweet time. They used to be pretty quick as far as I recall, but these last couple years have been exceptionally bad.
    Took them ~2 months for me this year. They sent me a letter long after I filed saying I needed to contact them to prove my identity. After I did by reading a couple random lines from last years return and this years return they said "thanks, we'll process your return within 20 days and then expect payment 2-3 weeks after that." It's crazy because they WILL NOT call you. They send snail mail and say "hey, call us." If they just friggin called me instead of probably the weeks it to to create the ask, print it and mail it I would have had my money way earlier.

That being said, if I owed money to anyone I would prefer the IRS over any other entity. They are so easy to deal with if you are on a payment plan and all "fees" accrued during the repayment process will be abated IF you ask, which is nice. After paying off my back taxes I actually got a thousand back which I wasn't expecting.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

People like to merge on the highway at around 55mph or sometimes less around here. Now, that sounds fine, but in MT the speed limit on I90 is 75 for cars and 65 for trucks. So if you merge at 55 as a truck is coming by, the truck has to get in the passing lane where people are doing 80+ miles per hour and it fucks everything up.
    Also, many of these same people drive 55 or less when it has snowed and the left lane is perfectly clear, but they haven't plowed the passing lane yet. Yea, all wheel drive!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

cologne, perfume, anything I can smell just by standing near you. Our receptionist smells the entire office up. I instructed our HR person to tell her to stop wearing it, and we are modifying our employee handbook to prohibit personal fragrances in the office or our customer's places. Same for smoking. Not on our, or our clients property.

i only hope the perfume isn't covering up chronic vaginosis...

Did I forget curls in the squat rack.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

And fools that won't rack their weight when they are done lifting.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Beyond annoyed, I feel badly about it sometimes.
    I'm annoyed when people use the word "badly" when they should have used "bad."

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    cologne, perfume, anything I can smell just by standing near you. Our receptionist smells the entire office up. I instructed our HR person to tell her to stop wearing it, and we are modifying our employee handbook to prohibit personal fragrances in the office or our customer's places. Same for smoking. Not on our, or our clients property.

i only hope the perfume isn't covering up chronic vaginosis...
    Oh god, yes. Perfumes, colognes. No.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Did I forget curls in the squat rack.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I bought one for my wife's truck, and we are whiting out the 26

She loves the idea. I gotta get that done this weekend.

WHERE THE FUCK IS JER?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    ^ hate those smug fuckers......

And on a similar vain

Commuting to work on your bicycle with your race number still on it (also usually in team lycra) I'm not impresed I just wonder why youd fuck up your race bike by commuting on it,

The Stick figure family rear window stickers.

BMW drivers with no front licence plate.... so fucking speciall

And worse of all the RIP or In Loving Memory car stickers.... WTF is that all about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Fuck yes. We get it, your snowflakes are so precious.

Or we just live in states that don't have front license plates. And honestly, when has a license plate ever looked good on the front of a car? But thanks for reaffirming how special we are though!
    I still call it The Jake.

Ear hair. I abhor ear hair.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Mr. Ed View Post
    Don't fucking whine about bad parents. There is enough info out there for you little fucking punks to make some good decisions on your own.
    Please he's 43.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I agree. Those things drive me nuts for some reason. Although, I do kinda like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    Hey. Lighten up, buddy. You don't live in England anymore. Some states here don't require front license plates. BMW or not, I think front license plates muck up a car's looks.

Some states here don't require front license plates.
    Or we just live in states that don't have front license plates.
    But people still do it in those that do, like WA.

RCW 46.16.240.

The vehicle license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle for which the same are issued and in such a manner that they can be plainly seen and read at all times ...

Don't they.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 03-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Spoiled kids . To the 10th power if you are next to them on an airplane. The kids in my town need a ride to the BUS STOP ???
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Spoiled kids . To the 10th power if you are next to them on an airplane.
    Contact Tippster for solutions

I just had to look up what 26.2 actually was. Fuck running.
    No longer stuck.

On the license plate theme, how about people who insist on leaving the European plate on underneath their state issued one(s)? Wow, you bought your car in Europe, I'm so fucking impressed!

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    On the license plate theme, how about people who insist on leaving the European plate on underneath their state issued one(s)? Wow, you bought your car in Europe, I'm so fucking impressed!
    I would love to see one of those on an F250.