Check Out Our Shop
Page 1855 of 1878 FirstFirst ... 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 ... LastLast
Results 46,351 to 46,375 of 46947
  1. #46351
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    749
    Our local hospital and care network (was Centura, now CommonSpirit) is planning to drop my insurance (BCBS) at the end of the month.

    I’ve had some health problems the last year and was supposed to start some treatments in June. Nothing major but stuff I wanna take care of. Looking like I’m fucked as I’ll likely have to travel hours and start over w/ new docs for good care, or wait until open season to change insurance if this goes through. Fucking BS.

  2. #46352
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,503
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Urgent care is anything but urgent and prescriptions that call for dosing every six hours so you have to get up in the middle of the night.
    (Actual) pro tip--take a dose before bedtime, next one when you wake up. Strict q6h dosing is for hospitals so the nurses have an excuse to wake you in the middle of the night.

  3. #46353
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    13,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    What year is it? Have the glass shop (not safelite please) request OEM. Otherwise ask for Pilkington or Fuyao. Pilkington makes the oem for toyota anyway. There really isnt too much of a difference. And if anything, you could pay the difference in cost to the shop if you insist on OEM.
    Yeah, definitely not going to Safelite. I knew Pilkington made the oem, but thanks for the Fuyao rec. It's a 2019, and the plan is to pay the difference if required.

    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    supplemental glass insurance
    We used to, but rates have climbed so much in WA, and we went a solid decade without even a chip so hubris got the better of me, and I went without extra glass and a higher deductible. Cue up Alanis here...

  4. #46354
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,198
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    (Actual) pro tip--take a dose before bedtime, next one when you wake up. Strict q6h dosing is for hospitals so the nurses have an excuse to wake you in the middle of the night.
    Nurse Ratchet lives for that.

  5. #46355
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Paper St. Soap Co.
    Posts
    3,375
    What is the problem with Safelite? Curious because I need a new 3rd gen tacoma windshield.

  6. #46356
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    What is the problem with Safelite? Curious because I need a new 3rd gen tacoma windshield.
    They have a complete monopoly on the auto glass industry and generally suck at what they do.

  7. #46357
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,503
    Around here Safelite is the only place I could find that could recalibragte the cameras. And no mobile--you have to go into the shop. I suppose I could go to the dealer. I can't imagine that would be better.
    Driving every day on I80 in the Sierra I treat a cracked windshield as an opportunity to get a (briefly) unpitted windshield for the cost of the deductible.

  8. #46358
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    They have a complete monopoly on the auto glass industry and generally suck at what they do.
    They put in a windshield. It’s pretty damn easy. None of mine have ever fallen out. I don’t see a problem here.

  9. #46359
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,561
    People who call Whistler "Whis."

    It's like calling New York "New," or Tahoe "Ta." This behaviour should cease immediately.

  10. #46360
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    On a related note my wife and I recently called to book appointments for a GP because neither of us has a regular doctor and hadn't seen one in years (for me decades). The earliest we could get in was October.
    I'm in a similar boat. 52. only see docs for injuries. Changed insurance 3 times in the last 10 years or so and have never had a PCP or been seen for anything other than x-rays, etc. I can't imagine poke, prod and testing is going to reveal anything I want to know.

    Wife thinks I'm an idiot and I'm gonna appease by scheduling check-up. Hopefully can get in by October 2030.

    ETA...did get a scope. would bang again just for the propofol.

  11. #46361
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    35,773
    Annoying: a one way ticket JH>Denver is actually $20 MORE expensive than Round Trip. This is not new, but annoying.
    And $515 for a 1.5 hour flight.
    Last edited by rideit; 05-01-2024 at 12:46 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  12. #46362
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    14,143
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Annoying: a one way ticket JH>Denver is actually $20 MORE expensive than one way.
    You havin' a stroke, Brotato?

  13. #46363
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,036
    I have to wait to get windshield replaced due to Bambi. I'm sure this will take months to fix.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

  14. #46364
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,198
    Did you get to keep the deer for the freezer?

  15. #46365
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    you see a tie dye disc in there?
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I have to wait to get windshield replaced due to Bambi. I'm sure this will take months to fix.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    from the looks of it, bambi went for hell of a flight

  16. #46366
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,036
    No backstraps. I was going 70 and didn't even tap the brakes. There wasn't much left.

    Pay the deductible and deal. Could be worse. Simply annoying.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

  17. #46367
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    27,539
    Quote Originally Posted by ENDOOO View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. 52. only see docs for injuries. Changed insurance 3 times in the last 10 years or so and have never had a PCP or been seen for anything other than x-rays, etc. I can't imagine poke, prod and testing is going to reveal anything I want to know.

    Wife thinks I'm an idiot and I'm gonna appease by scheduling check-up. Hopefully can get in by October 2030.

    ETA...did get a scope. would bang again just for the propofol.
    Yeah, probably the only reason I care is that I know I'm overdue for a colonoscopy. I'm approaching my mid 50s and it's probably time I quit assuming I'm bulletproof.

  18. #46368
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No backstraps. I was going 70 and didn't even tap the brakes. There wasn't much left.

    Pay the deductible and deal. Could be worse. Simply annoying.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    Can you take the money and get a big ass aftermarket welded bumper?

  19. #46369
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,036
    Maybe...but there is a whole lot more fucked than just the bumper...new radiator, new trans cooler, new bumper mounts and so on.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

  20. #46370
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Maybe...but there is a whole lot more fucked than just the bumper...new radiator, new trans cooler, new bumper mounts and so on.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    Shit. Good luck with all that

  21. #46371
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No backstraps. I was going 70 and didn't even tap the brakes. There wasn't much left.

    Pay the deductible and deal. Could be worse. Simply annoying.

    Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    Bummer. I like roadkill. When its just a love tap.

  22. #46372
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,346
    trying to buy a water park pass for my daughter, and the place has one of those stupid "I am not a robot" captcha boxes. And when I click on it, because I am not a robot (at least I dont think I am), it just spins and spins and never gets me to the next screen. annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  23. #46373
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    9,743
    What kind of robot would be dumb enough to go in the water?

  24. #46374
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    14,689

    Shit that annoys you

    Maybe the robot used Aquaseal to make itself waterproof, eh?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  25. #46375
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    16,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    trying to buy a water park pass for my daughter, and the place has one of those stupid "I am not a robot" captcha boxes. And when I click on it, because I am not a robot (at least I dont think I am), it just spins and spins and never gets me to the next screen. annoying.
    New server?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •