Page 1677 of 1846 FirstFirst ... 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... LastLast
Results 41,901 to 41,925 of 46146
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That is annoying but I always try to remind myself that the cars next to it when I walk by might not be the same cars that were there when he/she pulled in. It’s possible the driver was squeezing in between two wackily-parked cars that have since departed. It may not be likely but it is possible.
    Seen that plenty of times.... it's not unlikely at all. You never know what the story might be.

Had an interesting one awhile back on a MTB road trip. There was a truck/trailer parked along the fence on one side. Rather than take up even more spots we parked alongside him. While we were riding the truck departed leaving a space between us and the fence. Some genius decided to squeeze his car into that space. But he didn't just drive in and park parallel to us like the truck had been. Instead he parked perpendicular between the us and the fence which could only have been done by pulling up to the end out our trailer and parallel parking inwards. Must have been his special spot. When we got back to the van there was a note from the BLM ranger telling us not to block cars in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1006.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	453807

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Cracked the oil pan on the rental car in Chilean Patagonia this morning. A fairly benign dirt road too. Now just sitting and waiting for the rental company to figure out a resolution. We are three hours from anywhere. At least we have cell phone service.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They'll probably throw some JB Weld on it and charge you for the whole car.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

And:

So drivers are now too dumb and/or distracted to know you don't have the right of way when making a left turn and that's the city's fault. Wow.
    url]
    It’s almost expected now in SF that some jackass will try and whip a left turn on green and not yield to oncoming drivers. Some shithead lady hit me doing exactly that last year, tried to drive off before I caught up w her, and then claimed to her insurance that i was at fault. My insurance told them to fuck off but it was supper annoying. Did get a car I didn’t want off my hands at a good payout tho. But I see these left turn entitled or just stupid people do these lefts everday at an intersection near my house. Next time in need a new car, I’m just gonna lap that intersection until one hits me

Most left turns at lights around here are on green arrows. When folks get to the unusual intersection where left turns have to yield to oncoming traffic they're on autopilot and just turn on the green without thinking about it. I have decided that bad driving is usually due to inattention or stupidity, not malevolence and entitlement. But not always.

Leaving Olympic Valley around noon, parked at Far East lift where you can drive very close to the lift. There are plenty of open spots closer than mine but guy in a big SUV decides he wants mine. I tell him he can get closer but he says he'll ust wait. I back out--there's only one way to exit the lane I'm in and he's blocking it, he backs up but not enough for me to straighten out. He backs up a little more. Still not enough. Finally he backs up enough that I can straighten out, but he's still in the middle of the lane--I manage to squeeze by him and the cars parked on the other side of the lane, very slowly and with inches to spare. What a fucking waste of time.

Highway car wrecks. Mainly EV related.

I’m stuck in unbelievable highway traffic for the second time in just a few months. We’re talking 3hrs+ to go just a few miles. Battery fire being the cause both times. This shit is untenable. They’ve gotta figure out making these things less prone to insane fires.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Seen that plenty of times.... it's not unlikely at all. You never know what the story might be.

Had an interesting one awhile back on a MTB road trip. There was a truck/trailer parked along the fence on one side. Rather than take up even more spots we parked alongside him. While we were riding the truck departed leaving a space between us and the fence. Some genius decided to squeeze his car into that space. But he didn't just drive in and park parallel to us like the truck had been. Instead he parked perpendicular between the us and the fence which could only have been done by pulling up to the end out our trailer and parallel parking inwards. Must have been his special spot. When we got back to the van there was a note from the BLM ranger telling us not to block cars in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1006.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	453807
    That's extra special.

wind
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    wind
    +1

Wind is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    +1

Wind is annoying
    Ya. When I end up with full blown dementia, the wind will probably really unsettle me. It's bad enough now and getting worse.

wind
    Are you talking about breaking it? Because it pnly annoys me when other people do it.

A palpable hit, Sir!

People who say “anyways” or “whatever” in the middle of a conversation.

They ask you a question, you answer, they say “anyways” and move on. Doesn’t make me want to engage with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Highway car wrecks. Mainly EV related.

I’m stuck in unbelievable highway traffic for the second time in just a few months. We’re talking 3hrs+ to go just a few miles. Battery fire being the cause both times. This shit is untenable. They’ve gotta figure out making these things less prone to insane fires.
    And yet, peeps head off into the wildlands with their battery bikes all the time, in the dry as fuck summers. It's just a matter of time...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

wind
    I imagine some light wind is good for the ecosystem. It was a bit excessive yesterday.
    #losthalfaskiday

Ok I didn't miss half a day, but the better half of the lifts were closed.

Shit that annoys you

My snowplow guy is annoying me. We’re at the end of a private road. This is our second year here. Apparently it used to be that our parking pad was the snow dump for much of the road. That’s cool, but I have three cars: me, Mrs. Must, and a teen. Next year, I’m adding a second teen with car to the mix.

I need to use my parking pad to… park cars. Me and Mrs. park in the garage. The pad is big enough for another 4 cars (8 if you’re parking people in, 12 if it’s a party). I don’t give a shit if the last guy didn’t need it. There are other places to push snow.

Anyways, what annoys me is that if the teen car is in a place that the plow guy doesn’t like, he pushes it to places that feel passive aggressive, like blocking our driveway altogether, or today plowing my daughter’s car in. When I text him to let him know that can probably be better, let’s find a time that’s convenient for him to discuss how to approach it next season, he replies “get a bigger lot.”

Listen motherfucker....
    focus.

Shit that annoys you

Wow. That’s more than annoying. Annoying is our shitty road grater that seems to go out of his way to create berms in front of driveways. Especially if the driveway has already been cleared. Yours is just an ahole that needs replacement. I’d be kinda nuclear if I got that kind of plow service

My agency is somewhat limited since he services the entire private road. So I have to work within the system I’m given.
    focus.

What a pendejo.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Plow service/lawn service are shit, and take pride in it. “Thats not your property don’t dump your waste on it” “fuck you””hey, you got your truck stuck plowing at 3am when it’s illegal””fuck you”

That is crazy. “Annoy” is not a strong enough word. It belongs on the “Fills me with white hot rage” thread, or maybe the “Should I shit or go blind?” Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Wow. That’s more than annoying. Annoying is our shitty road grater that seems to go out of his way to create berms in front of driveways. Especially if the driveway has already been cleared. Yours is just an ahole that needs replacement. I’d be kinda nuclear if I got that kind of plow service
    Brms are a fact of life at the "Ho", as you call it. The priority is to keep the public roads cleared . If the plows had gates that worked (they don't) it double the time it takes to clear a road. Get a big snow scoop, push the berm off to the side (iwithout blocking the public road) and quit your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My agency is somewhat limited since he services the entire private road. So I have to work within the system I’m given.
    You're a smart man. Never piss off your snow removal guy. The guy who does our driveway is a prince, He'll come by and hit the berm long after he's cleared the drive. He also does some old timers for free if they're too poor to pay him and too old to do it themselves.
    Does the plow guy do drives or just the private road.. If he does drives and you've been clear yours yourself it might be worth having him clear yours. Or see if you can work with whoever it is on your road that is organizing the plowing. If that person blows you off you might as well sell now, because you' never be happy with neighbors like that.

OG, I’ll be happy to trade our current grader with yours any day and you can report back. I’ve lived w Tahoe berms for 20 years. This is next level assholery. And not just driveways. His loop ends up e leaving half of the street intersections bermed out too. He is most likely new because he clearly can’t drive the plow. Whining will continue until further notice

We are three hours from anywhere.
    Props to Avis, they had a mechanic here in about 45 minutes
    Huh ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Huh ?
    I was willing to let that go, but you just had to bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Huh ?
    Stating distance in time units is relative