Page 1641 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 ... LastLast
Results 41,001 to 41,025 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Thermostats can be kind of a bitch - lotsa wires that have to go in the right terminal. IME anyway. I ended up paying an A/C company to figure out what I did wrong. Annoying.
    Turn in your man card. T stats are stupid easy. The only hard part is when you have a two wire and want WiFi control.

Evdog just buy another Honeywell. I have 7 or more of their WiFi and never had one fail. Yet. You could buy the same one and snap it on. But the new color displays are pretty cool. I like seeing outside temp and inside RH.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Kissing cousins a problem in some parts then. I mean, beyond avoiding dating in small towns, how does one go about selecting a mate to avoid such a pairing of (recessive?) traits. Somehow, the topic of earwax problems doesn’t seem to be one that will arise before intimate pairing, let alone before nuptials.
    I don’t think the information is meant to help you avoid having offspring that produce a lot of ear wax. I think it’s meant to comfort those that often have infections, as in “it’s not your fault, it’s genetic.”

Ha! So my fucked beak, sinuses, ears l & eyes, and carrying a handkerchief all these years are the sins of my father! Shame the old fart is immune to guilt trips. Probably from my mother’s side anyways. But such a relief I don’t have to blame myself anymore!

/sarcasm.
    Maybe.
    Still find comment on ‘different parents’ funny.

I paid $89 for an NBA Pistons league pass last season, they auto renewed me at that rate while selling the entire league pass for $99 this season. Now they’re running ads for the entire league pass at $49.

I usually watch the Pistons feed with George Blaha and Greg Kelser. They block out the local ads and put up a blue screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	899F6FAE-9EFC-47E1-AEA9-88F703B45964.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	445331

Lately whomever is in charge of going back live is quite slow on the button pushing. Watching tonight’s game and the Pistons are down 2 with 44 seconds left, time out and blue screen comes up. Couple minutes later the game comes back on, 7.4 seconds left and the game out of hand.

Annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    It’s believed that ear wax quantity is a genetic trait passed down by parents, not an environmental response or lack of hygiene.
    This is what a doctor told me years ago. Sort of what the dermatologist tells me about various spots on my skin.

There used to be roving ear wallas in India that would remove shocking amts of ear wax from tourists passing by. Best 5 rupee I ever spent

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^Ive got a Nest you can have for shipping. New in box; I’m moving and don’t need it.
    Will take you up on that! PM incoming... Guy at home depot I grilled with questions was talking up the Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Evdog just buy another Honeywell. I have 7 or more of their WiFi and never had one fail. Yet. You could buy the same one and snap it on. But the new color displays are pretty cool. I like seeing outside temp and inside RH.
    That would be the easiest route. Not super interested in giving that company any more money though. They already sent me the "how did we do" email. I wrote a strongly worded reply : )

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    It’s believed that ear wax quantity is a genetic trait passed down by parents, not an environmental response or lack of hygiene.
    My dad gets really bad ear wax, has to go to a doctor every so often to get it cleaned out (Canada, so "surgery" is not required lol). I get pretty much none. I'm also the only one in the entire family who doesn't need glasses. Though that may be changing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I paid $89 for an NBA Pistons league pass last season, they auto renewed me at that rate while selling the entire league pass for $99 this season. Now they’re running ads for the entire league pass at $49.
    The seasons half over…half price?
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    There used to be roving ear wallas in India that would remove shocking amts of ear wax from tourists passing by. Best 5 rupee I ever spent
    I had a buddy who experienced that. Was standing by the side of the road tugging at his itchy ear and was accosted by the ear guy. Got it done and was very happy. Still sounds sketchy. I clean my own.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I had a buddy who experienced that. Was standing by the side of the road tugging at his itchy ear and was accosted by the ear guy. Got it done and was very happy. Still sounds sketchy. I clean my own.
    The first time an attempt was made it was a serious wtf moment. I showed him off and dozens more in the next few months. I finally gave in and it was glorious lol

Is there a single goddamn air mattress that doesn't lose a ton of air within four hours? At my in laws for my FIL's funeral. 11 of us staying in the house, I'm on an air mattress. Threw my back out a little shoveling dirt on his grave, air mattress was mushy by 3:00 AM.
    Grumble.
    Thanks for letting me bitch.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

dude

you’re getting old
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is there a single goddamn air mattress that doesn't lose a ton of air within four hours? At my in laws for my FIL's funeral. 11 of us staying in the house, I'm on an air mattress. Threw my back out a little shoveling dirt on his grave, air mattress was mushy by 3:00 AM.
    Grumble.
    Ya, there's modern ones that you keep plugged in and they top themselves off. I was afraid they were noisy, but the one we have isn't bad. I recommend a topper anyway for insulation as air mattresses can be cold. Topper will help with any felt vibration from the pump.

Grumble.
    Even comes with a bag to throw it in the car and take it with you. Best sub $100 I’ve spent for my back.

https://www.target.com/p/serta-perfe...p/-/A-16538296

RIP Mr rideit in law.

Fuck boys. Not one condolence? Show some respect.
    My wife was wrecked when my FIL passed. It ain’t easy for them.

And yeah. Fuck the blow up mattress and couch surf if possible.

It gets even crazier, tomorrow I drive my mom back to Syracuse where my family is going to plan my Father's funeral. Super fun times!
    As far as getting old, yes, I am. But MIL requested that the wedding party filled the entire thing in, shovelful by shovelful. It took 35 minutes between a few of us.

Damn. That’s tough ride it. Vibes to you and your family

Wow. MIL is hard core. Usually it’s a ceremonial shovel. No wonder you strained your back.
    Be strong for your bride. Rocky road ahead.

And find some Utica Club.

This describes more:
    Well, that was a really intense day. Traditional conservative Jewish funeral, followed by an internment ceremony with full military honor guard proceedings. FIL was an incredibly loved chief physician at the Hartford hospital, and retired Army officer. Big event. We all pitched in and filled the entire burial plot with dirt by hand, which was a little unusual.
    Neither really had anything to do with the military after their service, and both were pacifists.
    My wife was a puddle, but everything happened with significance.
    I’m spent, gonna make one last Pastrami sandwich and wind down.
    We sit shiva for a few days,and then I drive my mother back to Syracuse, where my family is meeting to plan and arrange my fathers funeral (we don’t know when, but we are sorting out the details). He also has full military honors, but is not being buried, his brain is going to be saved for ALS research, and his body possibly composted. (Which is legal now in New York).
    My kiddo has been a trooper, and is really learning a lot about both sides of his families and grandfathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Damn. That’s tough ride it. Vibes to you and your family
    I’m actually all good. Really content with how things are working out with regards to my family, it’s a little bit of a luxury to plan all of this out not under duress. Wife’s situation was a little more difficult, but both of our dad’s are/were almost 90, so that’s kind of awesome, really.

And it's absolutely fitting in this thread, as MIL is a classic, she is annoyed by EVERYTHING, LOL

Back on topic, one thing that annoys me is customer service chats/calls that keep asking the same same questions over and over when I have typed it out already, multiple times. Just read, people, it's not that hard.

Back on topic, one thing that annoys me is customer service chats/calls that keep asking the same same questions over and over when I have typed it out already, multiple times. Just read, people, it's not that hard.

Every damn website having a chatbot popup.