Page 1610 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 ... LastLast
Results 40,226 to 40,250 of 46195

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I’d seriously consider crossing the poutine curtain to see that TGR downhill.
    I ski like a fucking log truck with dodgy brakes

look out below
    cuz here we go
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I’m the worst professional skier I know

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m the worst professional skier I know
    At least you are getting paid! At best I have to don the white cross pro-bono to get appreciated for my lack of steeze.

I’m barely getting paid these days

“Face shots are powerful currency”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Dodge has new owners

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Serious question: what if you don't have a phone? Will they not take your order? /don'tgetaroundmuchanymore
    They will gladly bring you a printed menu from 3 months ago and try to explain what's no longer offered on it.

Sirius fucking XM spam callers. Fuck those fucking fuckers. Over the course of the free trial that came with my new auto, it went from one a week, to 2-3 a week, to 2-3 a day. Their MO must be to use private contractors who do actual scam calls for their day job because every single fucking call has that scammer vibe, from the random numbers, to the lack of professional sounding people with horrible call quality. Half the numbers come up as "possible scam caller" in Google Fi. No, I don't use the Google call screener, it fucked me up on some medical calls, lost some important appointments, big hassle. I was about to take one of the SXM offers that came in the mail [online sign up of course, I'm not giving the scam callers any satisfaction.] However, this week has been brutal. Fuck them. They tipped me over the edge I don't even really like SXM that much. Now when they call I scream stop calling me and hang up. Unfortunately I need to answer the local seeming numbers that call. No real way I can avoid that.

I don’t give one single shit about Brittney Griner

you bring weed into Russia you’re gonna get arrested dumbfuck

You really think the time fit the crime? In my opinion she has suffered enough. Yeah, not a great decision on her part, but I'm glad she's coming home.

Seriously. WTF was that moran thinking?

That's like thinking it's totally fine to bring contraband material into Singapore. Yeah, no. Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You really think the time fit the crime? In my opinion she has suffered enough. Yeah, not a great decision on her part, but I'm glad she's coming home.
    Not in America, but when you go to Russia (or ANY foreign country), you don't gamble on these things. The reason Griner especially deserved this bit of karmic justice is how she'd walk off the court before the US National Anthem would even begin playing, in protest. Gotta love how quickly one can change their tune on the issue. Just takes a bit of time chilling out in a cell in Russia to understand. Especially when one talks shit about the US and goes to work for the Russians.

I certainly find it interesting that everyone takes at face value that Russia is lying about all things Ukraine, but take as gospel that Russia has said Griener actually brought anything illegal into Russia. Yes, I’m aware she signed some document saying she did.

Yeah. Russia was clearly looking for leverage against the US support of Ukraine and Griner got caught up in it. Anyone saying she “deserves” it either doesn’t understand the whole picture or has some implicit biases they should examine.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    The reason Griner especially deserved this bit of karmic justice is how she'd walk off the court before the US National Anthem would even begin playing, in protest. Gotta love how quickly one can change their tune on the issue. Just takes a bit of time chilling out in a cell in Russia to understand. Especially when one talks shit about the US and goes to work for the Russians.
    This is just dumb. In other words she deserved it because she wasn't patriotic? This discussion should start and end with whether or not she deserved to be sent to a gulag for the crime she allegedly committed.

Not in America, but when you go to Russia (or ANY foreign country), you don't gamble on these things. The reason Griner especially deserved this bit of karmic justice is how she'd walk off the court before the US National Anthem would even begin playing, in protest. Gotta love how quickly one can change their tune on the issue. Just takes a bit of time chilling out in a cell in Russia to understand. Especially when one talks shit about the US and goes to work for the Russians.
    lol yeah buddy nobody on this board plays tourist and smokes pot in other countries where it’s illegal. Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Russia was clearly looking for leverage against the US support of Ukraine and Griner got caught up in it. Anyone saying she “deserves” it either doesn’t understand the whole picture or has some implicit biases they should examine.
    100%

Yep, she was being used as a political pawn. Nobody should be okay with that.

This is just dumb. In other words she deserved it because she wasn't patriotic? This discussion should start and end with whether or not she deserved to be sent to a gulag for the crime she allegedly committed.
    It's the equivalent of a whiney teen yelling "I HATE YOU MOM!" as they slam the door and run off with their boyfriend, and then 5 minutes later the mom gets a call from the daughter in jail and in tears, begging and pleading to get bailed out.

It's the equivalent of a whiney teen yelling "I HATE YOU MOM!" as they slam the door and run off with their boyfriend, and then 5 minutes later the mom gets a call from the daughter in jail and in tears, begging and pleading to get bailed out.
    I think the analogy is fair. If it was your kid would you bail them out? If not it just seems like spite to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    lol yeah buddy nobody on this board plays tourist and smokes pot in other countries where it’s illegal. Nobody.
    Well, I sure as shit never would, and if you do, well then you're an idiot. Some of these countries do NOT mess around. Have fun getting caned (or hanged) in Singapore though, dunfree.

Yep, she was being used as a political pawn. Nobody should be okay with that.
    Oh, absolutely. There's no doubting that. But that's perhaps what one can expect when going to work for the Russians. What's the old saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I think the analogy is fair. If it was your kid would you bail them out? If not it just seems like spite to me.
    Well, that's just it. Despite all the girl's smack talk about our country, our State Dept and the President STILL came to her rescue. Shows at least some level of compassion that they didn't just let her rot in prison for the next decade. Glad you understood my analogy. The parent's still bailing the kid out. They still love 'em.

Well, that's just it. Despite all the girl's smack talk about our country, our State Dept and the President STILL came to her rescue. Shows at least some level of compassion that they didn't just let her rot in prison for the next decade. Glad you understood my analogy. The parent's still bailing the kid out. They still love 'em.
    Okay, I thought your position is that she should still be rotting in a gulag somewhere.

Okay, I thought your position is that she should still be rotting in a gulag somewhere.
    Not really. I just hope she's learned a valuable lesson from it is all. To continue my analogy, hopefully the daughter dumps the loser boyfriend, comes home to the mom, tells her how much she loves her, and doesn't take her fam for granted again.

The whole “you can’t criticize Americas short comings while simultaneously taking advantage of its rights and protections” line of bullshit is annoying.