Page 1555 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 ... LastLast
Results 38,851 to 38,875 of 46183
    ^^ last time I moved we wanted two days of overlap where we had service at our old place and our new place and you’d have thought we asked them to land on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    In a surprise to nobody, Xfinity is annoying.

You'd think that moving -- and disconnecting at one address and starting at a new address -- is something they do often enough that the process would be smooth. But no.

Saturday, I spent an HOUR on the phone with "Mandy" from India and finally figured out that one coax "plug" in my new house did not work. But it's the one in the living room and I want it to work, I don't want to have my modem in the dining room. So we schedule a tech for today. Yesterday, I get a call from someone I can barely understand, wanting to troubleshoot the problem ahead of the tech today, and asking me to start describing the problem. I tell him no, I was on the phone for an hour the day before and all the info should be there. He keeps pressing but in nice words I tell him to fuck off (in part because I couldn't even understand him). He says ok.

Today, I get a text that the tech will be arriving soon, with the usual "text x to cancel, y to jerk off, and c to buy some flowers" language (I may have edited it from its original language). And there is an "X" already there below it in my text messaging, as if I sent an X, which I did not. So I tap the X because I wanted to see what time was associated it (because that's what you do with sent texts), and THAT sent the X. So they canceled. And there's no way to uncancel. Fuck.

Oh, and did I mention when I log in on my phone there are 2 accounts for my address and it asks me which one I want to look at? And when I log in on the app it tells me my account is inactive and I need to pay my bill? What the everloving fuck. I have to drive to the store to figure this shit out. Great way to spend my first day of work back from vacation.

But they are still better than CenturyLink.
    Centurylink showed up on time and installed fiber at my house the other day.

Canceled Xfinity, which actually went better than I expected and only took 15 mins.

Last time I moved I just set up a new account at the new place and left the old place going for a couple weeks. Got to take advantage of promo pricing, too.
    focus.

In a surprise to nobody, Xfinity is annoying.

You'd think that moving -- and disconnecting at one address and starting at a new address -- is something they do often enough that the process would be smooth. But no.

Saturday, I spent an HOUR on the phone with "Mandy" from India and finally figured out that one coax "plug" in my new house did not work. But it's the one in the living room and I want it to work, I don't want to have my modem in the dining room. So we schedule a tech for today. Yesterday, I get a call from someone I can barely understand, wanting to troubleshoot the problem ahead of the tech today, and asking me to start describing the problem. I tell him no, I was on the phone for an hour the day before and all the info should be there. He keeps pressing but in nice words I tell him to fuck off (in part because I couldn't even understand him). He says ok.

Today, I get a text that the tech will be arriving soon, with the usual "text x to cancel, y to jerk off, and c to buy some flowers" language (I may have edited it from its original language). And there is an "X" already there below it in my text messaging, as if I sent an X, which I did not. So I tap the X because I wanted to see what time was associated it (because that's what you do with sent texts), and THAT sent the X. So they canceled. And there's no way to uncancel. Fuck.

Oh, and did I mention when I log in on my phone there are 2 accounts for my address and it asks me which one I want to look at? And when I log in on the app it tells me my account is inactive and I need to pay my bill? What the everloving fuck. I have to drive to the store to figure this shit out. Great way to spend my first day of work back from vacation.

But they are still better than CenturyLink.
    As you read this, please know that I'm sorry for you:

Goddamn this story is funny as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    ^^ last time I moved we wanted two days of overlap where we had service at our old place and our new place and you’d have thought we asked them to land on Mars.
    Ha, I did that for last move and it was such a PITA that I decided not to bother this time around. And it's still like I am the first person to ever move and switch service addresses.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Doesn't Xfinity run commercials on the TV about how easy it is to move your service to your new place?

I went into the store, which is annoying, but at least I was able to talk to someone who spoke english well, could look me in the eye, and help me out. I should have done that the first time.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I went into the store, which is annoying, but at least I was able to talk to someone who spoke english well, could look me in the eye, and help me out. I should have done that the first time.
    Yeah, my experiences with Xfinity techs and stores have largely been good, unlike their phone people

I believe Danno has stated before to never use the phone and always go to their store. I need to make some changes and have been putting it off. The store moved and I don't feel like driving to Williston just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I believe Danno has stated before to never use the phone and always go to their store. I need to make some changes and have been putting it off. The store moved and I don't feel like driving to Williston just for that.
    I should have listened to that Danno guy, he's pretty bright, or at least was a broken clock. Instead, I spent an hour with Mandy in Delhi. I had just moved in that day and didn't want to drive 20 minutes to the store, but instead wasted an hour on the phone.

Washing a spoon

As well having to poop after a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by kermick View Post
    Washing a spoon

As well having to poop after a shower.
    Clearly you need a spoon better suited to the purpose.

is a spoon the new poop knife?

OUTSTANDING FIRST POST!!!!!

Even if they are a bot/jong.

Old white men giving me the hand signal up/down to slow down. Buddy, if people all went only 5mph over the speed limit like I do - it would be much safer.

I waved to both of the guys who have done this to me recently without slowing down and it results in visible steam coming from their ears and undeniable rage.

Maybe I should post this in ‘things that amuse me’, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Old white men giving me the hand signal up/down to slow down. Buddy, if people all went only 5mph over the speed limit like I do - it would be much safer.

I waved to both of the guys who have done this to me recently without slowing down and it results in visible steam coming from their ears and undeniable rage.

Maybe I should post this in ‘things that amuse me’, ha.
    Old dude this morning in an old ass pickup races out of a parking lot to cut me off (nobody behind me), then drives 22 in a 40 for two miles.

The board being so glitchy and slow on my computer is annoying me quite a bit right now.

Old dude this morning in an old ass pickup races out of a parking lot to cut me off (nobody behind me), then drives 22 in a 40 for two miles.
    He wants to control the neighborhood or he is flirting with you

Or clueless.

that’s the minnescrota

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Or clueless.
    This is most likely the answer to most driver weirdness but I always take simple driving mistakes as intentional personal insults. Until I pull even with the perp and see the vacant expression in their temporary existence.

Peter Freuchin never made a poop spoon.

#obscure Thule reference
    #poopKnife

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Or clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    This is most likely the answer to most driver weirdness but I always take simple driving mistakes as intentional personal insults. Until I pull even with the perp and see the vacant expression in their temporary existence.
    Every time I see driver weirdness, it's because he's on his phone

No. Spoon is to remove poop. Knife is to cut it up after removal so it will fit down the flush hole. HTH.

Swoop is an airline in Canada that is very, very inexpensive. Like, sometimes you get a plane ticket for $99 kind of inexpensive. Checked bags and carry-on will cost you $89, and pretty much everything else you'd ever want or need on a plane will cost extra. But you pay for what you use, so it's cool. I like to fly between the smaller airports that they operate from (to keep costs down). Total price all-in for me and wife + kids was $1500 from Hamilton>Abbotsford>Hamilton. Usually this costs $2k+ so yes it's a good deal.

Aaaaanyway - hopping on board the plane with the wife and kids on Sunday evening in Abbotsford. Flight already is late and I watched this thing land, people get off, and boarding for our flight immediately starts with basically zero turn-around time on the plane. This is perfect since we are currently scheduled to get to Hamilton at 1:40am.

Wife and kids are 2nd last row, and I've got a seat in the aisle right behind them. Back of the plane is open for boarding so we wait and are essentially the last ones on the thing. I get in, kids and wife sit down in their empty row, and my seat has some guy in it with his wife in the middle seat. Whatever, "skootch over please" so I can sit down and we can GTFO. They tell me they need to speak with someone because there's garbage on the floor. Fine, whatever, I cram in with my family so they can take care of this issue. Must be pretty gross down there.

They tell the FA that there is garbage on the floor, she looks, and says 'sorry about that, they quickly vacuumed the plane and this is what we're left with.' They then say there are quite a lot of crumbs and chips and this is not acceptable. This triggers me. "CRUMBS AND CHIPS??!! Listen, you need to move over and sit down so I can do the same and we can get the hell out of here." Now they're mad at me, they say I'm being a dick (probably true) and they expected better service for the money they spent on the ticket. They're upset because they have to "put their stuff in this mess." I look and see about 5 goldfish crackers and some smushed up pringles - that's it. Grab a napkin from my bag, reach across this dude and sweep the crumbs away with my face in random guy's crotch. "There."

Like WTF man, you're in the very last row of a plane, flying with literally the cheapest airline in Canada and you want them to meticulously clean everything for you on a plane that travels 12,000km a day? It's basically a bus in the sky.

I enjoyed having people's asses in my face for the majority of the ride while they waited for the shitter, people leaving the lavatory door open when they were finished (smells great, thanks!), and a few maskless kids breathing their stank on me while they waited to piss/shit/whatever. But this is part of air travel, and you get what you pay for. 10/10 would fly again.