Page 1526 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 ... LastLast
Results 38,126 to 38,150 of 46282
    I'm 48 years old, btdt. I use a bandana or neck gaitor when riding and esp in the desert, but really, it's not a way to go through life in most public circumstances. I did during covid of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    You allergy-free folks have no clue how awful they are to some people, and there's nothing that works without other, worse repercussions or side effects. Are they tolerable? Never.

Ppl that have no understanding of how bad allergies can annoy the fuck outta me.
    X1000

Steroids don’t react well with me (hives and other issues as Jax alluded to), drugs are a constant trade-off between alleviating symptoms and managing the side effects, mucus membrane and eyes are the worst but even old hardened skin reacts from time to time so mask or other physical barrier isn’t always effective. Actually, best thing that happened to me was getting my beak broke and then getting the interior repaired and improving upon the restrictions. Fun times in public during a respiratory pandemic, coughing and sneezing from unrelated factors.

You obvs don't have allergies Mikey. Lucky you.

Same for you.

I'm fucking miserable for the entire spring. It sucks. I have hay fever, and allergic to grass, pollen, trees, pretty much anything outside. Being on a constant flow of steroids such as Rhinocort or injections did absolutely no good, they actually took away my libido as I found out, among other things, this is a proven side effect. Fuck. That. Claritin doesn't work, never has. I take benadryl at night, can't function with it during the day. These aren't complaints, just facts.

Allergies totally affect my life not in a good way, and the winds as of late have exacerbated them. Try having a conversation when nasal drip just starts coming down, or while you're trying to eat. Skin constantly peeling from blowing nose all the time. I wasn't breast fed and have been told a few times that's why my allergies are worse than most.

You allergy-free folks have no clue how awful they are to some people, and there's nothing that works without other, worse repercussions or side effects. Are they tolerable? Never. They totally affect my life in a negative way for several months every year, and there's absolutely nothing I can do. I can't just suck it up you sallies because my nose is fucking clogged!

Ppl that have no understanding of how bad allergies can be annoy the fuck outta me.
    yeah

remember, I’m known to be intolerant, insensitive, inconsiderate, and incontinent

cheers Jax ❤️
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yeah

remember, I’m known to be intolerant, insensitive, inconsiderate, and incontinent

cheers Jax ❤️
    Cleanup in whatever aisle the hippie's in.

Shit that annoys you

I haven’t found any anti-allergy meds that don’t make me feel like I’m under water. I’ve tried most of them, I think, though I’m cautious about experimenting since trying one has always meant a day lost in the fog, and I have kids and work and can’t afford to lose the day, and if I don’t have kids or work I REALLY can’t afford to lose that day.

Masks are an idea, though…. Haven’t really spent much time on that one. My allergies haven’t been bad at all for many years…. Back to when I last lived out in the “country” I guess.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I haven’t found any anti-allergy meds that don’t make me feel like I’m under water. I’ve tried most of them, I think, though I’m cautious about experimenting since trying one has always meant a day lost in the fog, and I have kids and work and can’t afford to lose the day, and if I don’t have kids or work I REALLY can’t afford to lose that day.

Masks are an idea, though…. Haven’t really spent much time on that one. My allergies haven’t been bad at all for many years…. Back to when I last lived out in the “country” I guess.
    Claritin? I’ve never had it leave me drowsy. It can take a couple days to become effective.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Claritin? I’ve never had it leave me drowsy. It can take a couple days to become effective.
    Yup. Unlike Benadryl, it doesn’t knock me into a coma, just makes me feel like I would maybe not mind falling asleep into a coma.

I’m not altogether sure which is worse.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 05-31-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Between nasal steroids, non-drowsy allergy meds, and masks (doesn't have tp be a good one) allergies should be tolerable for most people.
    FIFJ
    All those things work for me, and I have pretty bad allergies, but not nearly as bad as Jax it seems.
    At any given time I might be doing one or two of the three things I mentioned. But staying away from Sacramento in the spring works best.

Same for you.

I'm fucking miserable for the entire spring. It sucks. I have hay fever, and allergic to grass, pollen, trees, pretty much anything outside. Being on a constant flow of steroids such as Rhinocort or injections did absolutely no good, they actually took away my libido as I found out, among other things, this is a proven side effect. Fuck. That. Claritin doesn't work, never has. I take benadryl at night, can't function with it during the day. These aren't complaints, just facts.

Allergies totally affect my life not in a good way, and the winds as of late have exacerbated them. Try having a conversation when nasal drip just starts coming down, or while you're trying to eat. Skin constantly peeling from blowing nose all the time. I wasn't breast fed and have been told a few times that's why my allergies are worse than most.

You allergy-free folks have no clue how awful they are to some people, and there's nothing that works without other, worse repercussions or side effects. Are they tolerable? Never. They totally affect my life in a negative way for several months every year, and there's absolutely nothing I can do. I can't just suck it up you sallies because my nose is fucking clogged!

Ppl that have no understanding of how bad allergies can be annoy the fuck outta me.
    Wow, I knew they sucked but didn't realize they could be so tough. I'd move to Antartica if I had to deal with shit every year, and like i said earlier this is the time of year when it is gorgeous outside if you don't have allergies.

Regarding the dry nose, I took Accutane for acne when i was a kid which dried your skin out like a snake. My nose would bleed from getting so dry and they had me spread Eucerin cream inside my nose. No very comfortable, but at least my nose wasn;t bleeding every other hour.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Had to go back and see what this was all about. Holy gruesome hell.

How the hell did you get bit by a bat in your house sitting on an easy chair?

farken phone app!

how'd I get bit?

short story long... came to buy a house directly across the street from another house we had also looked at. Moved in Dec and was ready to deal with the bugs and whatnot with zappers, tiki torches, bug screens for food, yadayada.

Come late spring nothing but infrequent b52 sized mosquitoes and carpenter bees. Bats?! Swoop in on us on an open deck, but they're just eating bugs drawn by the flood lighting.

Great - build multiple bat houses by plagiarism and place them on the backsides of the trees in a dense canopy and everything was very chill except for a very localized ladybug infestation every year.

Occasionally we'd get hummingbirds in the house... leaving the kitchen slider open. That's how the bat got in. Although, somewhere in the 2-4pm slot is kind of early? After getting pricked by the bat and I woke, I thought it was a hummingbird flying around the room; not yet aware of the bite. Go get the butterfly net we use on such occasions (a mallard duck down the chimney?) and the next 10 minutes were revealing.

The house across the street, built in 84' - was ducted for A/C but the compressor and blower were left out of the build. New neighbor goes to upgrade and the location is the 8/12 roof space above a 3 car garage that is sealed by timber and gypsum. Located at the end of a dead wall of a 2nd floor hallway. Okay - enough context. Cut open a person sized hole and it was estimated to be some 10,000 bats.

You can't kill a bat in gerzy - bat removal is a stable biznis. They come in - 3k over 90 days. Seal the space and insert 1-way bat exits until the kritters are gone.

nice BS story

the kicker...

4" to 8" deep guano and urine. Filling past the floor joist. The whole 3car garage ceiling should have collapsed years ago.

Bat guy wants 5k to take it away. No f'n way says Amy and this woman gets in a disposable hazmat suit, duct taped rubber boots & gloves, mask and a 5gal pail every day for a month.

Find out post clean-up that the guano was worth money, but the bat guy was pissed he didn't get the work and didn't tip them off.

​I am not in your hurry

Same for you.

This was me in HS in PA. Was allergic to damn near everything there. Got so many allergy shots they used my pictures in their brochure since I was always there.

Moved to Utah and they got sooooooooo much better. Unless that damn wind starts. Then game over, heading inside.

People without allergies: you are so lucky it’s beyond words.

I just mowed the lawn. In a mask. 5 years ago neighbors looked at me funny mowing in a mask. Now two of my neighbors do the same. It does help a lot. I’m not sneezing my back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

The house across the street, built in 84' - was ducted for A/C but the compressor and blower were left out of the build. New neighbor goes to upgrade and the location is the 8/12 roof space above a 3 car garage that is sealed by timber and gypsum. Located at the end of a dead wall of a 2nd floor hallway. Okay - enough context. Cut open a person sized hole and it was estimated to be some 10,000 bats.

You can't kill a bat in gerzy - bat removal is a stable biznis. They come in - 3k over 90 days. Seal the space and insert 1-way bat exits until the kritters are gone.

nice BS story

the kicker...

4" to 8" deep guano and urine. Filling past the floor joist. The whole 3car garage ceiling should have collapsed years ago.

Bat guy wants 5k to take it away. No f'n way says Amy and this woman gets in a disposable hazmat suit, duct taped rubber boots & gloves, mask and a 5gal pail every day for a month.
    holy shit that's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    My nose would bleed from getting so dry and they had me spread Eucerin cream inside my nose. No very comfortable, but at least my nose wasn;t bleeding every other hour.
    I use a CBD salve for the nose and it helps tremendously. Yes I love winter more.

Not gonna stop living & being outside despite allergies, they suck yeah but at this point I'm used to it. A few years back when I had to be on a high dosage of prednisone for an extended period of time, the spring months were amazing, no allergies! But I had to take other drugs to counter the effects of the pred, and that caused many of the same effects of the illness I was battling. Devil's tic tacs.

Know what really bugs me? Finger lickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    holy BAT shit that's crazy
    FIFY

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    one of underoos bros got bit by a bats on ladore
    bat got killed
    river ranger got lied to about bats demise
    bro got a lot of shots
    im still trying to figure out how the fuck wyoming has the right to make you stop on a federal interstate to inspect a watercraft that you have no fuckin intentions of launching in their waters
    and why the my boats older than you young game warden couldnt give a grayhaired vet a warning for failure to stop on a veterns holiday
    and im puttin boogers on your check for the 100 buck fine
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Jax, I have allergies but nowhere near as bad as you. But if I did, I think I'd try to keep in mind that the prevailing winds in North America are from the west and I'd get as close to the Pacific as I could for allergy season. No pollen coming off the ocean.

This year I'm having a hard time but I fucked up, I was in the Carolinas for much of April, then Maryland for a couple weeks after that, then back north to Mass. - I followed peak allergy season right up the East Coast! f'n dumbass. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FIFJ
    But staying away from Sacramento works best.
    This is always the answer
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    FIFY
    Ha! I thought the same thing and wanted to the same FIFY. Damn you!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    one of underoos bros got bit by a bats on ladore
    bat got killed
    river ranger got lied to about bats demise
    bro got a lot of shots
    im still trying to figure out how the fuck wyoming has the right to make you stop on a federal interstate to inspect a watercraft that you have no fuckin intentions of launching in their waters
    and why the my boats older than you young game warden couldnt give a grayhaired vet a warning for failure to stop on a veterns holiday
    and im puttin boogers on your check for the 100 buck fine
    You gonna get a covid test before you put the boogers on the check?

This doesn't need to exist. But we shoot all kinds of people here, right? And our public works are the best in the world.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^ that’s painful to watch.

If only these people could find their bootstraps, well, then they would be fine.
    focus.

Yo that's fucked up man. Those poor people.

Question: what's the hunched-over reaching-for-the-feet from? Just heroin things?

Took a cab from the stadium back to our hotel in Philly once. Cab driver was super weird, had to stop for gas "don't worry I'll turn the meter off!" and drove through some terrible part of the city. "Is this like the worst part of town or something?" "Yup."

Thought we were in for something from that movie with Ice-T in it where these 3 guys get lost on their way to a sports event or something, and then have to survive on the mean streets of the ghetto. Can't remember the name of it.

watching that reminds me of reading a post written by MTT
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

This doesn't need to exist. But we shoot all kinds of people here, right? And our public works are the best in the world.
    It’s always sunny in Philadelphia. We see people like that weekly here to debride their abscesses from skin popping. That’s rock bottom for a lot of those folks. What a great country

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

unbelievable sad - those "soft white underbelly" docs are really something........ever see the inbred family in west virginia series?