Page 1519 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 ... LastLast
Results 37,951 to 37,975 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Reminds me of this weird story: https://www.ksl.com/article/46423181...te-in-74-years

I've always thought bats were kind of cute, but I had no idea the kind of risk we were at," Giles said.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Picture of Ms. Giles…

Name:  Image1652387296.733010.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  12.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    A god damn woodpecker nearly put a hole in my dirt bike gas tank. Little bastard went to town all over it, then I see it put a hole in the garbage bin in similar material.

Attachment 416112
    That’s insane. Wow

Holy shit, that is, I missed that. Birds don't get rabies do they? Anything else that would make them act all whackadoo? Woodpeckers don't need to wear down their beaks like beavers and nutria rats do they?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Waiting for the chronically late (and unskilled) fridge repair guy. At least this time he texted me to say he was three hours behind. Service call #6 since last November for those following along.

AVOID LG AT ALL COSTS. #Lifeisnotgood lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Office Space that bastard! 😆
    Take video when you do please

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Holy shit, that is, I missed that. Birds don't get rabies do they? Anything else that would make them act all whackadoo? Woodpeckers don't need to wear down their beaks like beavers and nutria rats do they?
    I think they're trying to attract a mate with the noise.
    Every early summer we have one on our metal roof going nuts. Fortunately, it usually lasts just a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Got bit by a Bat
    Attachment 416109

Post hospital stay - Full Rabies Protocol - shot with a horse syringe 5 times.

eta; left trap from 8oclock position

they still shoot that shit straight into your stomach? that fucking sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    I think they're trying to attract a mate with the noise.
    Every early summer we have one on our metal roof going nuts. Fortunately, it usually lasts just a few days.
    Ahh that makes sense, thank you.

And going after a gas tank means they're trying to attract the kind of mate that wants to huff gas with them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I got the whole rabies series in September. My recollection is that there's 5 shots, but 4 of them go in your arm over the course of 2 weeks and one goes around the location of the bite.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Waiting for the chronically late (and unskilled) fridge repair guy. At least this time he texted me to say he was three hours behind. Service call #6 since last November for those following along.

AVOID LG AT ALL COSTS. #Lifeisnotgood lol
    Yeah, ain’t that the truth. My 4 year old LG stopped cooling last summer. When I called around all the local appliance repair shops they told me they don’t service LG refrigerators because the parts are ridiculously expensive and impossible to get. I’m thinking wtf???

But then Best Buy had a sale (25% off) and they offered me a dented unit for 50% off that price. I didn’t care, because the fridge goes into a recess where I can’t see the dent anyway. So I ended up with another LG. Stupid, I know.

I have an LG washer and my repair plan is to buy a new washer when it dies. The Hometown Sears guy tried to sell me a very expensive repair plan, somewhere north of half the cost of the washer. And said nobody else will service it, that a new control unit costs more than what I paid for the washer. It has outlived the term of the repair plan I didnt buy. The Hometown Sears is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    All 5 shots went into my ass cheeks. I was relieved to hear it wasn't going to be abdominal.

14k for the 5 shots was less than enjoyable. Met my deductible for the yr with a single invoice.

An exaggeration, but the syringe looked to be the size of an 8oz redbull
    ​I am not in your hurry

Huh, mine just went into my shoulder, except for the immunoglobulin.

But a similar 14k, fuckers
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Idiots lighting shit on fire.

Majority of the state is under a red flag warning, most of the mountains have just started to bud and it's been dry as a bone.

Headed out for a shakedown of my new camping setup, saw 2 trucks leve the site I wanted and figured I was good to go. When I pulled up I realized they dumped some gear, lit a fire and we're headed off for God knows what.

I didn't have anything that would put it out. Thought about sticking around for them to come back, but decided that could get confrontational quick.

Thankfully nothing burned this morning.

Shovel and collapsible bucket added to my packing list.

Local "powersports" dealer charging 50% more than MSRP on a scooter/motorcycle. Sure, I'd like to pay 1.5 times what it should cost you stupid fuckers. I guess I'll just order one from somewhere else and have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Majority of the state is under a red flag warning, most of the mountains have just started to bud and it's been dry as a bone.

Headed out for a shakedown of my new camping setup, saw 2 trucks leve the site I wanted and figured I was good to go. When I pulled up I realized they dumped some gear, lit a fire and we're headed off for God knows what.

I didn't have anything that would put it out. Thought about sticking around for them to come back, but decided that could get confrontational quick.

And cell phone to call ranger.

Too lazy to fify.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    And cell phone to call ranger.

Too lazy to fify.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No cell service. Though will lookup the emergency number So I have it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Local "powersports" dealer charging 50% more than MSRP on a scooter/motorcycle. Sure, I'd like to pay 1.5 times what it should cost you stupid fuckers. I guess I'll just order one from somewhere else and have it shipped.
    Scooters annoy me. A 250 motorcycle is weak. But it’s a moto.
    Scooter? Wtf.

Tire Pressure Management Systems annoy me
    Just had to replace two wheel sensors at $60 each.
    Never had anything but false positives in the 10 years I’ve had this “service” on a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    And sat phone to call in an airstrike.
    Fify

Instagram just blocked my account saying they dont think I'm 13. To appeal this, I can send them my name and a photo id...

Guess I'm done with instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Tire Pressure Management Systems annoy me
    Just had to replace two wheel sensors at $60 each.
    Never had anything but false positives in the 10 years I’ve had this “service” on a vehicle
    My car (Audi) has a “passive” system. Basically senses if the tire gets mushy. Less precise, but no sensors. Am a fan. Had the president of a GM dealership tell me that (on my last car) if I didn’t get TPMS sensors my computer would get confused and cause a bunch of problems. I ignored him and outside of a TPMS light that was easy to ignore, I found that I was overall happier directing those funds toward a new pair of skis than sensors. YMMV.
    focus.

Kars for kids. Fuck off. Try being transparent you religious douchebags.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

The Sheriff’s Office will be chasing calls like this all summer, which I guess I’m ok with, but super-frustrating when people do this shit with the air thick with smoke from nearby fires after driving under countless fire ban signage. FML, if it were up to me, no warnings in those situations, enjoy your 1k arson fine.

Good on ya for packing fire suppression for next time, 1k fine means nothing compared to the potential havoc wreaked by wildfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Got bit by a Bat
    Attachment 416109
    sitting in my living room 2pm in the afternoon on a Sunday. Worked the yard all morning and came in for lunch. Slipped into a food coma in the easy chair.

Grew to the size of a regular tampon. Holiday weekend and fam doesn't get back till Tuesday - so me and the dogs hang. Arm grows x3. Tuesday morning 2am ER - instant panic - color ultrasound. Call the surgeon in for possible opened skin antibiotic lavage to save the arm. Mark the parameters of the crazy swelling with a ball point pen and start antibiotic drip.

Things went the right way. 5 days in the infectious disease ward. The guy in the next bed; 47yr old truck dispatcher dies from complications of a swollen leg from heel to hip bigger than an average sized elephant.

Post hospital stay - Full Rabies Protocol - shot with a horse syringe 5 times.

Good thing I was home alone. Everyone in the house would have had to do it too.

YMMV

eta; left trap from 8oclock position
    Had to go back and see what this was all about. Holy gruesome hell.

How the hell did you get bit by a bat in your house sitting on an easy chair?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My car (Audi) has a “passive” system. Basically senses if the tire gets mushy. Less precise, but no sensors. Am a fan. Had the president of a GM dealership tell me that (on my last car) if I didn’t get TPMS sensors my computer would get confused and cause a bunch of problems. I ignored him and outside of a TPMS light that was easy to ignore, I found that I was overall happier directing those funds toward a new pair of skis than sensors. YMMV.
    It wouldn’t be so annoying if I didn’t have to go to the tire store to reset the sensors. Even then, the warning light might come back on and go back off in the 20 miles from tire store to home.