Page 1449 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 ... LastLast
Results 36,201 to 36,225 of 46052
    Rodents. Rodents annoy me. Thing Ones car had been having some weird electronic shit going on. It’s fairly new, so I took it to the dealership. Turns out some vermin had gotten in the engine compartment and chewed the fuck out of one of the wiring harnesses……300$ later, I am annoyed…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE!!!!

I want a car horn that shouts that at 100db

Fruit flies. Sitting down or working in kitchen or garage I get buzzed by one every 10-15 mins. But only one. Kill it, and then another appears 10-15min later. Where are they coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE!!!!

I want a car horn that shouts that at 100db
    You can get a wide variety of train horns or small air horns, cheap. I had one on a motorcycle.

300dB should get their attention.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...otive/15736091
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Funny. We put up the fence in our backyard to keep our young kids from wandering into harm's way. The neighbors had a business and a busy driveway. And then when we got a dog it was useful for him too. I loved being able to let the kids play on their own with a lower level of supervision. Kids need that. Being able to let the dog out to piss, shit, hang out, bark at the neighbors is priceless. No I don't fucking lock the kids or dog out. Sometimes I forget the dog is out. Or I can't always hear him barking to come in.
    Yeah, it's all good for dogs / kids to have a secure play area, and I don't mind the barking, it doesn't go on that long. It's the neighbors coming out and yelling at the dog to be quiet that bothers me. The dog is a submissive and timid German Shepherd, all they need to do is let her in, not yell at her and leave her out in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    It's the neighbors coming out and yelling at the dog to be quiet that bothers me. The dog is a submissive and timid German Shepherd, all they need to do is let her in, not yell at her and leave her out in the yard.
    Who does that? POS human thread. I can't fathom that behavior.

That been said, I'll admit that sometimes my little knucklehead just wants to bark and won't come in. And he's unfortunately smart enough that if I give him a treat to bribe him into coming in, then he'll start barking to get a treat. He loves treats. He'll sell his little doggy soul and our souls too for treats. So ya, I've been known to yell at him occasionally for NOT coming in after I've done everything short of chasing him around the yard and picking him up. Sorry man.

And I guess I've never encountered what you're experiencing. So I'm having a hard time differentiating from my own behavior.

The only time I can count on seeing my cat is every evening at treat time
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Who does that? POS human thread. I can't fathom that behavior.

That been said, I'll admit that sometimes my little knucklehead just wants to bark and won't come in. And he's unfortunately smart enough that if I give him a treat to bribe him into coming in, then he'll start barking to get a treat. He loves treats. He'll sell his little doggy soul and our souls too for treats. So ya, I've been known to yell at him occasionally for NOT coming in after I've done everything short of chasing him around the yard and picking him up. Sorry man.

And I guess I've never encountered what you're experiencing. So I'm having a hard time differentiating from my own behavior.
    Yeah, they seem to just not have much empathy for the dog. I read it as dog is outside, gets lonely / unhappy / scared, so she barks, then gets yelled at and gets more scared. That's how you get a neurotic dog, right?

As far as your guy being a furry little con artist, I love that about them. We have a new shelter dog (haven't hit 3 months yet), and she's had a few accidents in the house, always sneaking off to a quiet part of the house that we don't spend much time in. We had her on a long lead in our offices for awhile, but that sucks for everyone, so I got a cheapie motion sensor that plays a loud doorbell tone when you trip the sensor and put it in the area she had IDd as the indoor toilet.

It worked great for a week; we would come check on her if she tripped the sensor, and no more accidents in the house. Then she realized we would come running every time we heard the sensor, so she started going there whenever she was bored and wanted attention. Yeah...not what we intended but I could see how she came to that conclusion.

Anyway, very consistent breaks and lots of treats for peeing in the backyard seem to have fixed things, but she does occasionally throw in a fake pee in the yard - just a quick squat - to see if she can get extra treats.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, they seem to just not have much empathy for the dog. I read it as dog is outside, gets lonely / unhappy / scared, so she barks, then gets yelled at and gets more scared. That's how you get a neurotic dog, right?

As far as your guy being a furry little con artist, I love that about them. We have a new shelter dog (haven't hit 3 months yet), and she's had a few accidents in the house, always sneaking off to a quiet part of the house that we don't spend much time in. We had her on a long lead in our offices for awhile, but that sucks for everyone, so I got a cheapie motion sensor that plays a loud doorbell tone when you trip the sensor and put it in the area she had IDd as the indoor toilet.

It worked great for a week; we would come check on her if she tripped the sensor, and no more accidents in the house. Then she realized we would come running every time we heard the sensor, so she started going there whenever she was bored and wanted attention. Yeah...not what we intended but I could see how she came to that conclusion.

Anyway, very consistent breaks and lots of treats for peeing in the backyard seem to have fixed things, but she does occasionally throw in a fake pee in the yard - just a quick squat - to see if she can get extra treats.
    I laft about the motion sensor.

Burning the shit out of my arm on the spring-loaded oven door.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Fruit flies. Sitting down or working in kitchen or garage I get buzzed by one every 10-15 mins. But only one. Kill it, and then another appears 10-15min later. Where are they coming from?
    Ima guess ...... the fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Burning the shit out of my arm on the spring-loaded oven door.
    Please don't start a thread. Heal up.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Please don't start a thread. Heal up.
    Yeah - it wasn't as bad as BlisterMan, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Sounds like the kind of place that would appeal to people who buy NFT's.

Anybody else experience the "vehicle damage" scam from actual rental car companies lately? I rented a car few months back on a business trip. Everything went fine. Certainly no damage, past or present. Pretty new car. Checked the vehicle in with no problems. Got my receipt. Cool, right? WRONG! Just got a letter in the mail saying I owed them $200 for imaginary glass damage from way back then and they already charged it to the card I did the rental with. WTF???!!! Called Avis directly to make sure it wasn't some scam and sure enough, they did this. After hours talking with different reps and being on hold for ages, I finally got them to admit they had no evidence of anything happening and would refund the entire amount. Is this some new scam they're running on people in hopes they won't notice or fight the charges? I know rental car companies are crooked AF, but this was by far the shadiest thing they've ever tried pulling on me. Definitely annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Anybody else experience the "vehicle damage" scam from actual rental car companies lately? I rented a car few months back on a business trip. Everything went fine. Certainly no damage, past or present. Pretty new car. Checked the vehicle in with no problems. Got my receipt. Cool, right? WRONG! Just got a letter in the mail saying I owed them $200 for imaginary glass damage from way back then and they already charged it to the card I did the rental with. WTF???!!! Called Avis directly to make sure it wasn't some scam and sure enough, they did this. After hours talking with different reps and being on hold for ages, I finally got them to admit they had no evidence of anything happening and would refund the entire amount. Is this some new scam they're running on people in hopes they won't notice or fight the charges? I know rental car companies are crooked AF, but this was by far the shadiest thing they've ever tried pulling on me. Definitely annoying.

I've seen this before. It's a scam, and it happens.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I dunno what it says, because the wall o' text is impossible to for me read, but that is a very impressive amount of typing to do on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I dunno what it says, because the wall o' text is impossible to for me read, but that is a very impressive amount of typing to do on a phone.
    Well, it's a lot easier if your thumbs haven't shrunken away from thousands of years in a glacier.

i've had this happen on my last three rentals. 1 avis and 2 enterprise.

Forced self checkout lanes, mainly at Lowes. I don't mind self checkout at times to avoid long lines but frequently there will be 3 workers standing at the checkout area just talking to each other not doing a damn thing other than just watching folks ring themselves up, instead of actually working the damn register.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Great recap.

Started to sound like a Spanish Tapas place. Then realized it was Italy and pre-fixe..

Tough one. But a good takeaway story from an international trip. Those waitstaff (mostly French, but Italian as well) are quite well regarded and therefore aloof.

Thanks for sharing the terrible tale.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    i've had this happen on my last three rentals. 1 avis and 2 enterprise.
    WTF?! My brother just told me it happened with his last rental too! How is there not a massive class action suit and a Federal investigation over this one?! Blatant fraud.

Anybody else experience the "vehicle damage" scam from actual rental car companies lately?
    No issue with rental cars, but I had a hotel accuse me of stealing a bath robe out of the hotel room, charging my credit card $100 for it. Call them up and the front desk put the manager on, who informed me that I had stolen the bath robe. Really? I never wear a bath robe ever, you really think I'm going to steal some shitty robe from your hotel that a bunch of strangers have used??? "Well if it wasn't there when you arrived you should have reported it missing to the front desk". Um, how am I supposed to know that something which isn't there, should be there? Please point me to the inventory list I should have checked against what is physically there. By her tone she definitely thought I had taken it, but after threatening to have all our staff stay elsewhere in the future she reversed the charge.

I never use the robe. It's bad enough having to sleep on bedding that someone else used and most likely abused.