Page 1444 of 1524 FirstFirst ... 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... LastLast
Results 36,076 to 36,100 of 38080
  1. #36076
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,169
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I got kicked off a jury panel for saying that the billing department at UC Davis Med Center was a bunch of crooks.
    I'm nominating you for the Noble Prize for Laudable but Unproductive (except for you - you won the escape prize) Efforts to Save Humanity aka Yelling Truth to Power into the Void.

    Seriously, the next time such an opportunity presents itself, I would love to be present; did the judge smile?

  2. #36077
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,999
    I went to the dentist in Sept. Next appt always gets scheduled 6 months out when I am there. By the time that date rolls around I often I have to reschedule. Had a trip coming up so I called and they had a time slot 10 days before the scheduled appt. Now dental insurance is denying the claim because I apparently went to the dentist 3 times in one calendar year. Assholes.

  3. #36078
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There are private imagining clinics in my 'hood that do MRIs for $400-500 w/o a physician referral (https://www.taylormedmri.com/services-1). Not saying that was an option for you, just highlighting how egregious charging $6,000 for one is. That's goddam criminal.
    Shit could have flown to salt lake, hit an MRI and blown 2k in Wendover and still come out ahead.

  4. #36079
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There are private imagining clinics in my 'hood that do MRIs for $400-500 w/o a physician referral (https://www.taylormedmri.com/services-1). Not saying that was an option for you, just highlighting how egregious charging $6,000 for one is. That's goddam criminal.
    Yeah, Denver does too. Don't they have to tell you what things are gonna cost now before doing that shit? $6K is ridiculous.

  5. #36080
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,235

    Shit that annoys you

    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Don't they have to tell you what things are gonna cost now before doing that shit?
    Haha, good one!






    [it is so frustrating how unhelpful insurance actually is…]

  6. #36081
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    I have a feeling it means family oriented.
    The doc probably splits time between all 3 offices & the women make up the day to day staff at all locations.
    Yeah, looks like that’s the case.
    https://sherwood.senestrarofamilyort...eam-p43294.asp

  7. #36082
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Haha, good one!
    No seriously, some states require it.

  8. #36083
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,235

    Shit that annoys you

    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    No seriously, some states require it.
    Apparently not mine
    (Did not know that…that’d be an improvement)

  9. #36084
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,798

    Shit that annoys you

    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Apparently not mine
    (Did not know that…that’d be an improvement)
    Yeah, multiple calls to insurance and imaging clinic provided zero visibility into price, or what places might have lower costs.

    So apparently not required in Oregon.

  10. #36085
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,889
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  11. #36086
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,702
    5k for a gum graft. Sure, schedule that appointment for three months that I’ll cancel because the money hasn’t magically appeared in my bank account. False teeth here I come.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #36087
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,235

    Shit that annoys you

    I’m visiting my folks
    Today I walked in on my 80yo dad in his office on the phone with “paypal customer service” walking him through adding a credit card to his phone so he could Apple Pay three individual orders on a crypto app they got him to download. After an escalated-to screaming match with my Dad complete with Indian customer service guy assuring me he’s paypal and that the call is being recorded for safety, i got my dad to hang up. $1990 in charges averted. But now they have the boomer’s phone number; so, after i head home, god knows how my folks will be baited into giving money away.

    Multiple times during this call, my dad told me he was FIXING a scam, not participating in one.

    They called back multiple times…me yelling at him not to pick up & just let the call go unanswered.

    Egos were bruised, but we are back on speaking terms again.

    Gotta give him a few days and then have a hopefully not condescending talk with him about how to protect himself…

    (Old people, can’t leave em unattended…and I’m likely headed for the same with whatever scammers come up with in 30yrs…)

  13. #36088
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,573
    Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

    I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  14. #36089
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,965
    Local guy in town was recently killed in a rollover. A memorial cross was put up today with some antlers since he was an avid hunter. Less than 2 hours of being up someone stole the antlers.....wtf is wrong with people.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #36090
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

    I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    Get it in order tomorrow. Ain’t no way I’m buying a dinged up new car. Needs a carfax before you even take ownership? Nope.

  16. #36091
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

    I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    I would assume they would fix for free along with a stellar discount. Though it would have to be a really good deal or I would definitely just order new again, worth the wait IMHO.

  17. #36092
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

    I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    If it’s just cosmetic, push for a yuge discount. YUGE!

  18. #36093
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Get it in order tomorrow. Ain’t no way I’m buying a dinged up new car. Needs a carfax before you even take ownership? Nope.
    Oh I agree, I’m just curious what “get it in order” is going to fucking look like….
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I would assume they would fix for free along with a stellar discount. Though it would have to be a really good deal or I would definitely just order new again, worth the wait IMHO.
    Also agree, but I really can’t go another four months without wheels…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  19. #36094
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    If it’s just cosmetic, push for a yuge discount. YUGE!
    Didn’t sound like just cosmetic, but tomorrow we will see……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  20. #36095
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    If it’s just cosmetic, push for a yuge discount. YUGE!
    Agreed. All skis are rock skis. Or something.

    If it's just cosmetic and your get a big discount, go for it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  21. #36096
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Oh I agree, I’m just curious what “get it in order” is going to fucking look like….
    Looks like a metric fuckton of patience, more beer, some edibles and a lot of “motherfucker, I just want my damn car”.

    Sorry *on order.

  22. #36097
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Looks like a metric fuckton of patience, more beer, some edibles and a lot of “motherfucker, I just want my damn car”.

    Sorry *on order.
    Spot. On. FUCK! Prolly should’ve posted in the First World Problems thread……

    ETA- Bobby Stainless/ Beer Drinker to the white courtesy phone……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  23. #36098
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I’m visiting my folks
    Today I walked in on my 80yo dad in his office on the phone with “paypal customer service” walking him through adding a credit card to his phone so he could Apple Pay three individual orders on a crypto app they got him to download. After an escalated-to screaming match with my Dad complete with Indian customer service guy assuring me he’s paypal and that the call is being recorded for safety, i got my dad to hang up. $1990 in charges averted. But now they have the boomer’s phone number; so, after i head home, god knows how my folks will be baited into giving money away.

    Multiple times during this call, my dad told me he was FIXING a scam, not participating in one.

    They called back multiple times…me yelling at him not to pick up & just let the call go unanswered.

    Egos were bruised, but we are back on speaking terms again.

    Gotta give him a few days and then have a hopefully not condescending talk with him about how to protect himself…

    (Old people, can’t leave em unattended…and I’m likely headed for the same with whatever scammers come up with in 30yrs…)
    My cousin who is in her late 60s and gets along fine by herself and all fell foe the same thing. She was at her bank talking to the scammer on the phone as she was moving money from one account to another probably scammer held account and a bank employee overheard her and asked what was going on. She said the guy on the phone was helping her prevent a scam and the teller took the phone and screamed at the guy and hung up. She told me this as though it was some sneaky plot that anyone would fall for. I was amazed somebody fell for it that wasn't 90 and alone, Geez.

  24. #36099
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,169
    8-10 weeks is suspicious right out of the gate for a complete build out.
    I was told 3 months on my car, and it took 6, with a shit ton of nagging, pre-covid/supply shit show.
    I mean, hell, I was told my custom flex skis from Austria would take 8 weeks (working on 12 weeks with little hope for quick resolution).

  25. #36100
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,573
    Exactly.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •