Page 1426 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 ... LastLast
Results 35,626 to 35,650 of 46051
    Going out to eat now…with the lack of workers it’s now a minimum 90 min deal to get a burger and a beer and it all costs 20% more than it did 20 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Smelling exhaust while riding road bike. fuck it sucks to ride on a highway during busy times now. I’ll be too old to ride when majority of the cars will be electric but it will be nice…
    Eating outside a restaurant in a separated off area of the parking lot. There's a car parked right next to us. Lady comes out of the restaurant, gets in the car, turns on the engine, and starts texting and otherwise playing with her phone. I gave her the evil eye. It worked. I should be used to it booting up on the back of my car next to assholes who need to leave the engine on for who knows what reason. But I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Eating outside a restaurant in a separated off area of the parking lot. There's a car parked right next to us. Lady comes out of the restaurant, gets in the car, turns on the engine, and starts texting and otherwise playing with her phone. I gave her the evil eye. It worked. I should be used to it booting up on the back of my car next to assholes who need to leave the engine on for who knows what reason. But I'm not.
    Assholes do not need reasons. They just are.

People who dilly-dally while finding their seat on a full airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    People who dilly-dally while finding their seat on a full airplane.
    These are normally the people who also dilly-dally while exiting the plane. Which is infinitely worse.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    These are normally the people who also dilly-dally while exiting the plane. Which is infinitely worse.

Especially when you've got a tight connection and you're towards the back of the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Especially when you've got a tight connection and you're towards the back of the plane.
    Yelling down-ladder and make a hole in such situations doesn't seem to bring the laughs. Most people don't get the movie reference.

Back in the day--way back in the day--when a plane was getting in late they would ask people to wait until the folks with tight connections could get off. I even had them hold my connection for a short while so I could make it. I assume there were more people than just me that needed to make the flight and that was back when if you missed a connection or your connection was canceled they would put you on another airline so it cost them money. That was back when there were empty seats on airplanes. I've told all this to my kids but they just laugh and think I'm senile. Which I am, but it's still true.

Shit that annoys you

I remember when people just started to just shrug it off and get up anyway and ignore that request. Merica!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Agreed. Idiots sitting in their seats as the people in seats in front of them are getting out instead of them getting their carry on and being ready to go. They should forfeit their turn and go to the end of the line. No reason for such stupidity.

gets in the car, turns on the engine, and starts texting and otherwise playing with her phone
    This is something that annoys the hell out of me too. Every single day I see people sitting in idling vehicles for no reason. It's not hot, it's not cold, they're not warming the engine up, defrosting the windows, etc. They're just fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I remember when people just started to just shrug it off and get up anyway and ignore that request. Merica!
    They'll still GTFO of the way if you communicate. Done it. Once towards the front of the plane to make connection, the other time towards the back of the plane so my son could have a shit. Poor fella was groundhoggin' the entire landing but he made it. As you'd expect, the latter produced better results from the masses. "Excuse me - need to take a shit!" worked wonders. Maybe try that next time you got a tight connection?

Back in the day--way back in the day--when a plane was getting in late they would ask people to wait until the folks with tight connections could get off. I even had them hold my connection for a short while so I could make it. I assume there were more people than just me that needed to make the flight and that was back when if you missed a connection or your connection was canceled they would put you on another airline so it cost them money. That was back when there were empty seats on airplanes. I've told all this to my kids but they just laugh and think I'm senile. Which I am, but it's still true.
    Some crews still do this. At least on Delta when I witnessed that recently. The whole plane politely complied and allowed those people with tight connections to head to the front and be ready to bolt as soon as the door was opened. Solid flight attendants! Also cool was how we were delayed a bit in departing, so the pilots straight put the pedal to the metal to make up for lost time and we ended up on time. United's too cheap to splurge on the extra fuel burned, so those jerks are ALWAYS late. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Some crews still do this. At least on Delta when I witnessed that recently. The whole plane politely complied and allowed those people with tight connections to head to the front and be ready to bolt as soon as the door was opened. Solid flight attendants! Also cool was how we were delayed a bit in departing, so the pilots straight put the pedal to the metal to make up for lost time and we ended up on time. United's too cheap to splurge on the extra fuel burned, so those jerks are ALWAYS late. Haha.
    Fuck United.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They'll still GTFO of the way if you communicate. Done it. Once towards the front of the plane to make connection, the other time towards the back of the plane so my son could have a shit. Poor fella was groundhoggin' the entire landing but he made it. As you'd expect, the latter produced better results from the masses. "Excuse me - need to take a shit!" worked wonders. Maybe try that next time you got a tight connection?
    I would think "Need to throw up" might work even better.
    BTW, why do people who get to preboard because they need extra time to board get to deplane with everyone else? If you want to preboard you should be required to sit in the back and leave after everyone else is off.

Annoying as fuck...
    When you are working in the basement, and it dawns on you that the dog is not where she normally is keepin your toes warm. So right when you begin to wonder where she is, you hear it... heauuughack! dog barf in the hallway. FACK!
    Guess those TPS reports will have to wait a bit longer.
    sigless.

this still happens on flights from SLC into JH on Delta.
    if a bunch of passengers are on delayed flights they will hold the plane.
    this has saved me many times. maybe my luggage won’t make it, but nbd.
    I’m guessing it also has to do with us having no connecting flights in Jackson so it’s not impacting more flights to wait a bit.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Fuck United.
    Seriously. Those guys are late. Every. Damn. Time. SO many missed connections. SO many unnecessary overnight stays in the layover cities. And they always try and screw you on accommodations when possible. Lately they've been giving Spirit a run for their money. Avoid at all costs. Delta's not perfect by any means, but they've definitely been "better" than the others for whatever that's worth. Still, they're just winner of the airline Special Olympics.

I really miss when I could get domestic flights on the good international carriers like Mexicana (RIP). Now THOSE guys were awesome to fly with. Always took them when routes allowed for it.

United breaks guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    One of the many reasons that I’ve never understood people’s affinity for road biking. Especially in busy areas. Sorry, but maybe find another sport, I hear pickball is all the rage.
    Thanks for a valuable suggestion.

Take a lap.

Annoys me I couldn't get back to UK to see my 89 year old Dad have his flight in a Spitfire.

After a bunch of days that he was grounded due to weather and tech issues he got it yesterday.

My sister got to fly in formation with him for part of the time in a Texan (Harvard) trainer.

I can't imagine what it must mean to someone who grew up in London during the war watching these things in combat overhead. He'll probably take the grin to his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That’s awesome �� (the flight, not that you can’t be there)

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this still happens on flights from SLC into JH on Delta.
    if a bunch of passengers are on delayed flights they will hold the plane.
    this has saved me many times. maybe my luggage won’t make it, but nbd.
    I’m guessing it also has to do with us having no connecting flights in Jackson so it’s not impacting more flights to wait a bit.
    First time I went to JH was back in the 80's I think. They had just cranked up security because of hijackings. It was funny to see a bunch of security theater in SLC being done on the handful of passengers of our little plane, all of us in ski clothes. It didn't seem likely our flight would be a target.

But the strictest security I've ever seen in an airport was a few years ago flying from Cordova to Anchorage. 100% of passengers were Points North skiers.

My snowplow guy waits till winter to tell me that he is doubling the price per plow.

He gotchya by the short ‘n curlies, I reckon!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident