Page 1424 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... LastLast
Results 35,576 to 35,600 of 45938
    I guess we need trigger warnings.

Follow up: Apparently "Dog Mace" gives dogs "Toxic Ass Gas Syndrome".

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Follow up: Apparently "Dog Mace" gives dogs "Toxic Ass Gas Syndrome".
    That's better than restless anus syndrome

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    ...Mark Redwine is a complete piece of shit...
    We've been living that down here for most of the last decade. Glad his family finally gets some closure, but Jesus it's been a mess. His lawyers have been out-lawyering themselves at every turn, two mistrials, calling half the county in for jury selection, etc. It took more than three years to arrest the bastard, even though he was literally the only person who could have done it, blood all over his house and truck. DA finally got a case together after so many years and covid drew the thing out for another nearly two years, what a mess. I'm not a huge proponent of the death penalty, but I don't believe taxpayers should be paying for anything other than a bullet for that guy.

Southwest Airlines annoys me. And/or whoever (ATC? pilots?) had a sickout because they don’t want to take a vaccine. Wife and daughter are stuck trying to get home, flight this morning was cancelled and the replacement tonight seems to be headed that way as well (delayed 2 hours so far).

Smells like something died in here a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Southwest Airlines annoys me. And/or whoever (ATC? pilots?) had a sickout because they don’t want to take a vaccine.
    The media is running with that because it's the best headline, but it's not true.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211012_120935.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	388753
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The media is running with that because it's the best headline, but it's not true.
    Care to elaborate?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ts/6091631001/
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Definitely a First World problem, but Covid testing requirements for international travel. I'm flying to Europe soon and need a PCR test done within 72 hours of my arrival. When you consider the time needed to get the test results and the travel time to the destination there's not much wiggle room.

I certainly understand why countries want anyone entering them to be tested, but man it certainly ratchets up the pre-flight stress!

Care to elaborate?
    Gotta grab those eyeballs!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Definitely a First World problem, but Covid testing requirements for international travel. I'm flying to Europe soon and need a PCR test done within 72 hours of my arrival. When you consider the time needed to get the test results and the travel time to the destination there's not much wiggle room.

I certainly understand why countries want anyone entering them to be tested, but man it certainly ratchets up the pre-flight stress!
    Man, my kid recently traveled and his entry testing experience was super stressful. The lab fucked up the time of when the test was taken and he had no recourse. He was flying out Sunday morning, the lab closed Friday at 5 and due to the time they printed on his results, he was outside of the window. Turned out to not be a big deal, I guess they weren't concerned about about a few hours, but he was sure he was going to get turned around on entry.

Felt your pain last weekend. 9.5 hour drive to our border crossing into New Brunswick. We were half an hour late out the door which was fortuitous as that's when the negative test results arrived which meant I could print them. There were no evening tests available near me, so our tests were performed about 58 hours before. Crossing the border into Quebec nearby would have proven more problematic. And that drive sucks for a number of reasons other than the huge helping of covid suck.

Care to elaborate?
    The USA Today article covers it pretty well (oddly enough), but I'll add that while it's true the pilots' union doesn't want a vaccine mandate imposed on them, it's not because the membership doesn't want to get the shot. The union knows that they can't give something without getting something in return.

There are longstanding staffing issues that the management (at every airline) won't address because the bean counters realized years ago that running x% understaffed saves money. No new hires = no upgrades. That goes for the flight attendants as well, who've been complaining about the pairing construction, crew sched, and the IT that holds it all together for years now.

Plus SWA has a just in time business model, and lots of short flights, that sets the dominoes up so that it doesn't take much to knock a lot of them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There are longstanding staffing issues that the management (at every airline) won't address because the bean counters realized years ago that running x% understaffed saves money.
    Huh. So kinda like hospitals!

Religious folk annoy me. Rounds of interviews. Made an offer that was agreed acceptable by all. Salary, relocation package, etc. Got turned down at last minute because god wanted her to be in the town she was in. She just had “a feeling.” Fack.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Religious folk annoy me. Rounds of interviews. Made an offer that was agreed acceptable by all. Salary, relocation package, etc. Got turned down at last minute because god wanted her to be in the town she was in. She just had “a feeling.” Fack.
    You lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    You lucked out.
    Well sure, though I don’t care how they swing, until major decisions are made that abandon all logic and are actually lauded for their illogic…. That’s annoying.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Felt your pain last weekend. 9.5 hour drive to our border crossing into New Brunswick. We were half an hour late out the door which was fortuitous as that's when the negative test results arrived which meant I could print them. There were no evening tests available near me, so our tests were performed about 58 hours before. Crossing the border into Quebec nearby would have proven more problematic. And that drive sucks for a number of reasons other than the huge helping of covid suck.
    To follow up on this I had a testing appointment scheduled for this morning. I show up and the sandwich board outside says "results turnaround currently 2-3 days." That ain't gonna work with my flight on Friday. So back to the drawing board. Very stressful.

To follow up on this I had a testing appointment scheduled for this morning. I show up and the sandwich board outside says "results turnaround currently 2-3 days." That ain't gonna work with my flight on Friday. So back to the drawing board. Very stressful.
    Ya, we have some friends flying to Italy shortly and they are having issues finding a test.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, we have some friends flying to Italy shortly and they are having issues finding a test.
    I ended up finding a place only to be told they didn't have the kind of test I needed, but their other locations did. Ended up having to cross the lake over to Bellevue, but I got it done. Can't say it was as easy as when I went to Canada in August. Then it was quick, painless and free (covered by insurance, that is).

Arcgis layers that don't line up, forcing me to learn how to fix it, instead of, you know, just working - why the fuck is one layer off the west coast of africa?!
    Fkna

Ordered one simple nut to make my motorcycle functional last week. Ended up ordering from three different suppliers just to be sure that I got it by today at the latest so that I could go on a trip. (Actually I was shooting for last weekend but that wasn't even a remote possibility).

First off the local shop. They initially got the part number wrong, which set me up for total failure with other suppliers who I called looking for the part. Then they ordered the right part, but I found out today that it'll be coming in next fucking week! 2 weeks after I ordered it.

Second, ordered from online shop, they accidentally sent me the order twice, but the wrong part

Third, another online shop that I ordered from before any of them never shipped the part, and never told me, good thing because they got the part wrong anyway.

So now I'm overnighting a nut from SLC for $40 so that I can go on a trip one day late.

I told my wife, "I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!" she laughed anyway. What a rigamarole for a tiny piece of metal! JFC I'm annoyed, and have time on may hands now to bitch about it today apparently.

That's nuts.

What sort of nut is this?

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang