Page 1411 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 ... LastLast
Results 35,251 to 35,275 of 45938
    At the end of the day I feel like you won that one.

Saturday afternoon I had essentially 3 MRIs - cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine (yeah my back is jacked). It annoys me that my ears are still ringing. Holy fuck was that loud. They gave me earplugs but still it was ridiculously loud and sounded like a traffic emergency in Bangkok, all these crazy different sounds at top fucking volume for ~75 minutes, holy shit. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Lots of people coming to hang in my backyard this year. The grass in front of the gate was getting all trampled and shitty, so I scored some free sod and made it all nice again. More trampling, more getting shitty so I decided to get some flagstone pieces and make a sort of stone welcome-mat thing. People can trample the stones to their heart's content! Anyhow, off to the landscape supply place, I go inside and tell the girl what I need. She points out where it is, where I can get a buggy to put it on, and tells me I have to put it on the big scale, come back inside, and she will see weight and charge accordingly. All good, no problem.

So I get my 10 pieces of stone, which is like the smallest amount ever, but the scale is in use. Apparently this place got some big mother crate of huge boulders and tried to weigh it, but then the crate fell apart so they're using some heavy machinery to lift and move the stones out one-by-one. Lady operating said machinery says they're "gonna be a while." I go back in, tell the girl the situation and that I've got a small amount of stones and can I just give her $20 and be on my way? No, she says, they must be weighed. Fine.

Back outside, wait around 15 minutes, kill some time looking at different bags of sand and aggregates, then hooray the scale is finally free. I put the buggy on it, go inside, tell her my stones are there but to remove the weight of the buggy. She says it's basically only the weight of the buggy that is showing up. In the end they charged me $1.85. I just gave them $5.
    Where in the hell are you getting flagstone for 20 cents a piece? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Where in the hell are you getting flagstone for 20 cents a piece? Damn.
    I think the trick is to buy it in tiny, unmeasurable amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Saturday afternoon I had essentially 3 MRIs - cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine (yeah my back is jacked). It annoys me that my ears are still ringing. Holy fuck was that loud. They gave me earplugs but still it was ridiculously loud and sounded like a traffic emergency in Bangkok, all these crazy different sounds at top fucking volume for ~75 minutes, holy shit. Annoying.
    +1…….When tf did MRIs get so fucking loud?!?!? Had one for my knee and left with borderline PTSD. And the headphones sucked too.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

MRI's came out well after I finished med school so I have no idea how they work, but all the different banging noises make no sense to me. One day maybe I'll take the time to learn about. Or maybe stop getting MRI's. I'm too busy trying not to panic from claustrophobia to let the noise bother me.

I was amused by the banging noises and fell asleep. My MRI in July was of the brain.

I used ear plugs and headset together when I did shoulder MRI recently. Didn’t help my claustrophobia and anxiety any. Never had any of that before but I was starting to freak out the last 10 minutes…
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Name:  23d7f35f4007eb02498627f648d68027deb022dc2766acb43bae2dbf524cb35b.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  44.2 KB

They should really offer Valium before MRI's.

I love valium...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They should really offer Valium before MRI's.

I love valium...

So do I. Sadly I knew more than a handful of people who died because they combined their love of valium with their love of alcohol and or heroin.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So do I. Sadly I knew more than a handful of people who died because they combined their love of valium with their love of alcohol and or heroin.
    Try 24 years of being prescribed 4mg of Klonopin daily. I shouldn’t be here.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Try 24 years of being prescribed 4mg of Klonopin daily. I shouldn’t be here.
    What in the fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Yeah... I don't recommend daily use of valium... but it sure does a good job on anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    What in the fuck.

I’m a year and a half clean off the benzos now. Hardest year and a half I’ve ever gone through. Shit is no joke.

I’m a year and a half clean off the benzos now. Hardest year and a half I’ve ever gone through. Shit is no joke.
    Of all the year and half’s to pick too.

Kudos

My MRI in July was of the brain.
    They find anything?

The annoying MRI buzzing noise is from the rapid switching on and off of the secondary radiofrequency gradient coils that you put the anatomy of interest in- the plastic holder deal has a lot of wires in it that transmit and receive tons of RF energy like a two way antenna. In a nutshell it transmits energy and then listens for the signal coming back over and over again. When it is energized on and off rapidly, it vibrates making the noise.

The secondary coils use the RF energy to localize the signal from a particular 3D voxel within the larger main magnetic field. The scan reads out the information voxel by voxel, so it takes a long time to produce a large 3D volume (and to get good signal to noise there will generally be a couple runs to average). It has to be done as quickly as possible because people move (and time is money of course).

It's getting worse as technology marches on- we are getting more complicated coil designs trying to get more signal. Also we are moving towards stronger and stronger primary magnets so you need stronger gradient coils. A few vendors have introduced quieter systems that generally modulate the RF pulses to be less harsh, but I'm not sure how well they work.

There's also a pump noise that is always going to keep the superconducting main magnet cool, but that one is usually not as loud as the coil noise during the imaging.

They find anything?
    Nope. Empty head.

Nope. Empty head.
    Saw that one coming from three parsecs out.

I prefer a CT scan ....... except for the rads and the lack of resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Of all the year and half’s to pick too.

Kudos

Seriously. Kudos!

Yeah... I don't recommend daily use of valium... but it sure does a good job on anxiety.
    You [and me] just need the right weed strains. Fuck benzos fucking my head.

Good Lord!
    Fucking hell man, I hope you're okay.
    Compression fracture of L1 here (in high school)

You [and me] just need the right weed strains. Fuck benzos fucking my head.
    I like weed too.

And valium.

And vicodin.

It's a good thing those last two are Px only.

I like weed too.

And valium.

And vicodin.

It's a good thing those last two are Px only.

I like benzos too.
    Everyday I want some.
    Everyday I hate that I was ever introduced to em.
    Everyday I look back on my life and the decisions I made and regret quite a bit of em.
    Half my life I was comatose.

Stick with the weed.