Page 1393 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 ... LastLast
Results 34,801 to 34,825 of 35436
  1. #34801
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    12,921
    So slaughter one of the horses. That'll keep the kits sated 'til next spring.

    Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

  2. #34802
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Temporarily ........ yeah, sure.
    PETCO's had empty shelves for over a year.
    Wal-mart too. Oddly there is plently of dog food.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  3. #34803
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I need a ruling on tossing a bag of poop into a trash barrel on trash day that has not been picked up yet.

    We have those barrels that a truck grabs with some mechanical arm type thing.

    Good to toss it into a neighbors bin (on trash day) if the trash guy hasn’t come yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh sure. When it’s trash day I do the same to give the portapottie a rest. No hesitation on that one

  4. #34804
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    So slaughter one of the horses. That'll keep the kits sated 'til next spring.

    Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wal-mart too. Oddly there is plently of dog food.
    Using the dogs as kitty food would be fair turnabout.

  5. #34805
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,510
    People claiming they've done "the research" when they obviously have absolutely no clue as to what research actually is, let alone valid data.

  6. #34806
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,033
    I did my own research = I watched some fuck face’s dumbass YouTube video he made instead of going to college.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  7. #34807
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    15,962
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've had it with the neighbors. All of them. Is it ok to just kill them and be done with the bullshit?
    If you figure out how to get away with it, give us a TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  8. #34808
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    3,411

    Shit that annoys you

    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Anyone who is triggered* by a Suby's seat belt reminder is maybe wound a little tight? Now the wiper fluid warning bell and light that go on and off repeatedly while you're driving as the fluid gets low and sloshes around in the reservoir--that is unacceptable. What's wrong with figuring out you're out of wiper fluid when nothing comes out when you try to spray?

    *Yes, I know what I said about "triggered". So what?
    Just spray until you deplete the reservoir below the slosh point.

    Around here, it can be problematic to run out during the wrong winter storm/drizzle. Salt and grime build up can make it near impossible to see without fluid on any trip longer than a couple minutes.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 07-25-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    focus.

  9. #34809
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    So slaughter one of the horses. That'll keep the kits sated 'til next spring.

    Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Just spray until you deplete the reservoir below the slosh point.

    Around here, it can be problematic to run out during the wrong winter storm/drizzle. Salt and grime build up can make it near impossible to see without fluid.
    I think the solution is the opposite. Keep it full so it can't slosh below that point. Otherwise if you keep it low the light will be always on.

  10. #34810
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I think the solution is the opposite. Keep it full so it can't slosh below that point. Otherwise if you keep it low the light will be always on.
    Well, the point is still to refill it. This is just to alleviate the on/off of the light/chime.
    focus.

  11. #34811
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,628
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you figure out how to get away with it, give us a TR.
    Just don’t leave them in a bag by the side of the trail

  12. #34812
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,810
    Gee, this doesn't seem to be a smart biz move.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ocid=undefined

    Wonder if the couple can past an updated review that they are being sued by the roofing company? Now, that would be just stating the facts.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  13. #34813
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,193
    Lost my new sunglasses. They’re around somewhere, I know it, but two weeks later still can’t find em. Ugh.

  14. #34814
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Lost my new sunglasses. They’re around somewhere, I know it, but two weeks later still can’t find em. Ugh.
    are they tgr optics?
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  15. #34815
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,317
    Getting surprise medical bills in the mail way after the fact. Had to visit a clinic and in an effort to try and AVOID surprise bills, I usually like to tell medical offices I'm self-paying and don't want them to go through my insurance (I'm high deductible so I'm pretty much ALWAYS on the hook for 100% the visit anyway). Checking out, they said it's X amount. Not cheap, but whatever. I pay in full. They say I'm good to go. A month later I get a bill for like an extra couple hundo. WTF? It was a quick in/out. So like 5 minutes with a PA these days and no treatment warrants a gazillion dollars apparently.

  16. #34816
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,148
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Getting surprise medical bills in the mail way after the fact. Had to visit a clinic and in an effort to try and AVOID surprise bills, I usually like to tell medical offices I'm self-paying and don't want them to go through my insurance (I'm high deductible so I'm pretty much ALWAYS on the hook for 100% the visit anyway).
    I think you're doing this wrong.

  17. #34817
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    inw
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think our health providers, insurance cos, legislators, regulators, and hospitals are doing this wrong.
    fify

  18. #34818
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,148
    Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    fify
    Well... you'll get no argument from me on that front.

    But I suspect MF is, unsurprisingly, doing it wrong. On a personal level.

  19. #34819
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    14,445
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think you're doing this wrong.
    Seriously. That might be the most moronic thing I've seen MF post. Even with a high-deductible plan (checking in!) your insurance co's allowed amounts are always way less than the provider's billed amount, so unless you're getting a significant pre-pay cash discount (unlikely) you're fucking yourself right from the start by not going through your insurance. Plus, now you're not accruing anything against your deductible, so if something major ends up happening later that year you've double-fucked yourself since you have to pay even more out-of-pocket before your deductible kicks in.

  20. #34820
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,968

    Shit that annoys you

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Seriously. That might be the most moronic thing I've seen MF post. Even with a high-deductible plan (checking in!) your insurance co's allowed amounts are always way less than the provider's billed amount, so unless you're getting a significant pre-pay cash discount (unlikely) you're fucking yourself right from the start by not going through your insurance. Plus, now you're not accruing anything against your deductible, so if something major ends up happening later that year you've double-fucked yourself since you have to pay even more out-of-pocket before your deductible kicks in.
    I’ve come to believe that most of what he posts is fabricated to make some kind of point. But he usually gets the details wrong and makes himself look worse.

  21. #34821
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think you're doing this wrong.
    How? Perhaps things have changed over the years, but it USED to be that I could check out of an office (for a routine visit with no scans, actual treatment, or anything that is), they'd tell me how much I'd owe, I'd pay, and that was that. Any time I've given them my insurance, they'd tell me I didn't owe much, and then I'd get a big phat bill in the mail way later. At an inflated "insurance" rate of course.

    I've witnessed an instant price difference first hand once in Summit County when I needed care at Copper Mountain (which is an urgent care clinic run by St. Anthony). They handed me a bill and asked for my insurance, my eyes about popped out of my head. I told them I was self-pay and the lady said "OH! In that case, here's your bill for cash pay.", had it ready to go apparently, and it was like HALF of what the insurance rate would've been. Since then, I've always preferred to self-pay when possible. Goes against my deductible anyway if I submit those paid invoices to insurance. At least that's what BCBS has told me in the past. Again. Please enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong in 2021. I very well might be screwing up on this one, so I'd genuinely like to know.

  22. #34822
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    fify
    True dat

  23. #34823
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,357
    Bless your heart…

  24. #34824
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Seriously. That might be the most moronic thing I've seen MF post. Even with a high-deductible plan (checking in!) your insurance co's allowed amounts are always way less than the provider's billed amount, so unless you're getting a significant pre-pay cash discount (unlikely) you're fucking yourself right from the start by not going through your insurance. Plus, now you're not accruing anything against your deductible, so if something major ends up happening later that year you've double-fucked yourself since you have to pay even more out-of-pocket before your deductible kicks in.
    Not true. Going through insurance has ALWAYS fkd me on bills in the past. They absolutely freaking jack up the bill. Upon making an appt, I have literally been told by multiple doctors offices what self-pay costs would be versus insurance, and it was always cheaper. Again, I'm talking for a routine exam or something. Nothing fancy. One receptionist told me they prefer cash pay because it costs so much for administration costs to process insurance and what not, so OF COURSE they have to bake those costs in when billing insurance.

    That said, I was NOT aware of it not accruing against the deductible. When did that change?!

  25. #34825
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’ve come to believe that most of what he posts is fabricated to make some kind of point. But he usually gets the details wrong and makes himself look worse.
    STFU. Unlike most here, I don't hide behind a keyboard or an alias, and I can assure you I've never fabricated anything. Wasn't trying to make any freaking political point here, jackass. Was simply annoyed about getting a bill in the mail when I was told I had paid in full up front. The astronomical cost was certainly annoying too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •