Page 1364 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... LastLast
Results 34,076 to 34,100 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    How is flying and American flag in America annoying?
    Only annoying when some assholes make it black and grey with a blue stripe. I don't pledge allegiance to that desecration.

Re flag etiquette, my neighbor leaves their flag up 24/7/365. And it's not a set it and forget it situation. They lower it to half-staff when appropriate. Just nothing else.

Doesn't actually annoy me, but it is wrong.

I continue to think the best antidote is fly the flag for the good reasons. We can’t cede the flag as property of the mouth breathers.

The under god in the pledge of allegiance annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The under god in the pledge of allegiance annoys me.
    A pledge of allegiance in itself is a weird thing to do unless you're in some sort of military position. And even then...

Oh, I agree. And to the flag is even weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I continue to think the best antidote is fly the flag for the good reasons. We can’t cede the flag as property of the mouth breathers.
    agreed. And if you're gonna fly a pride flag, fly the american flag too. To say "we can celebrate pride month as patriots".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

May as well toss in a NY Jets flag. Show the world that you're a gay patriot with a penchant for losing.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    agreed. And if you're gonna fly a pride flag, fly the american flag too. To say "we can celebrate pride month as patriots".
    Yeah. I was gonna say. I don't understand why Buzzworthy finds the two mutually exclusive from one another. I've celebrated plenty of July 4ths with gay friends/family. Served with openly gay people in the military who were pretty damned patriotic. No need for buzz to get offended by either one. Sheesh. I wonder if his head would explode if he saw a gay veteran fly both flags at the same time. You can be both LGBT AND patriotic at the same time, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Re flag etiquette, my neighbor leaves their flag up 24/7/365. And it's not a set it and forget it situation. They lower it to half-staff when appropriate. Just nothing else.

Doesn't actually annoy me, but it is wrong.
    Technically acceptable if it’s lit properly at night and an all weather flag. Flag always needs to be in good shape, no fading or fraying. People are lazy these days.

I remember visits with both of my grandfathers where the flag went up every morning and down every night. Learned proper care and folding from an early age. One of them would get very irate watching people run around with flags wrapped around themselves thinking that they were patriots, the other one was blind so it didn’t bother him as much.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. I was gonna say. I don't understand why Buzzworthy finds the two mutually exclusive from one another. I've celebrated plenty of July 4ths with gay friends/family. Served with openly gay people in the military who were pretty damned patriotic. No need for buzz to get offended by either one. Sheesh. I wonder if his head would explode if he saw a gay veteran fly both flags at the same time. You can be both LGBT AND patriotic at the same time, ya know.
    The lgbt flag is a bottom. Can’t fly it on top

I hate how the trumptards took over the Gadsden flag. That has always been a favorite of mine.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I hate how the trumptards took over the Gadsden flag. That has always been a favorite of mine.
    "No step on snek"?

When the offending party is a clear homophobe and makes sure the rest of the hood knows…it’s annoying.
    This was done intentionally to be divisive. It’s sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    When the offending party is a clear homophobe and makes sure the rest of the hood knows…it’s annoying.
    Sounds like you have your hands full out there with the natives.

I don't think buzz is saying patriotism or the flag is mutually exclusive from LGBT. Pretty damn sure he was talking about the specific people in question and THEIR intention and meaning by flying the flag.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We were in Cape Cod once when my nephew was a toddler. We passed a gay bar in Provincetown that had a bunch of flags hanging outside. Kid points to the flags and shouts, "Hey mom, wook at all the fags!" He had trouble saying "l's."

I don't think buzz is saying patriotism or the flag is mutually exclusive from LGBT. Pretty damn sure he was talking about the specific people in question and THEIR intention and meaning by flying the flag.
    Perhaps, but does he know for a fact that was the offending party's intent, or did he simply infer said intent?

Perhaps, but does he know for a fact that was the offending party's intent, or did he simply infer said intent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I'd say there's your answer.

Montucky finally discovers nuance.

Oh, wrong "Shit that a _ _ _ _ _ you" thread.

I'd like to hear the other person's side of the story before passing judgement. Seems we're all too hasty these days jumping to conclusions. Memorial Day just passed and 4th of July is around the corner, perhaps it's just a coincidence.

Nah. Aggressively flagging is a signature of right. Doesn’t matter if it’s respectable or if it’s appropriate usage. As long as it’s in your fucking face it’s ok. Just like the ultra-masculinity that hides a lot of conservative sexuality, the overt patriotism is used to hide their treasonous tendencies.

I'd say there's your answer.
    Not really. What evidence is there they are "clear homophobes" aside from simply being mormon and hanging up a US flag around Memorial Day? He may also be inferring their supposed homophobia as well. Unless they've actually done or said something to Buzzworthy or his gay neighbors, we just don't know. I could be missing some details he previously laid out, but it just seems there's an awful lot of assumptions going on in the flag situation. Who knows? Just too often, tempers flare and feelings get hurt when so often no offense was ever intended by such simple events.

The “make sure the rest of the hood knows” part pretty much says it’s known not inferred. But keep taking the side of the homophobe.

Not really. What evidence is there they are "clear homophobes" aside from simply being mormon and hanging up a US flag around Memorial Day? He may also be inferring their supposed homophobia as well. Unless they've actually done or said something to Buzzworthy or his gay neighbors, we just don't know. I could be missing some details he previously laid out, but it just seems there's an awful lot of assumptions going on in the flag situation. Who knows? Just too often, tempers flare and feelings get hurt when so often no offense was ever intended by such simple events.
    I’m not surprised you are not understanding this situation.

Too often assumptions are made so you are going to assume that Buzz doesn't know what he's talking about? FFS. One person here knows the flag-hangers, and that person has stated that he/they are clear homophobes who have made sure everyone knows it, and you expect Buzz to provide specific evidence before you accept his statement. Again, FFS. You just like to be stupidly contrarian. And that is shit that is annoying.

And hanging a flag up "around Memorial Day" isn't how that works. It's like someone hanging a flag up on July 10th and you inferring they did it because of they are patriots showing their patriotism for Independence Day.