Page 1361 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 ... LastLast
Results 34,001 to 34,025 of 46225
    Similar story: I once towed a jet ski from salt lake to lake Powell with the trailer resting on top of the ball and not actually secured to the ball. It somehow didn’t bounce off along the way. We hooked up really late the night before in the dark and somehow must have screwed it up. Figured it out a week later when we were pulling the jet skis off the lake. A couple hours after we fixed it I had to make a true emergency swerve to miss a family of deer on the road. I can’t imagine the carnage that the trailer coming off would have caused in that situation.

Not to go all Safety Bob on the trailer thing as I've certainly pull my share of sketchy shit down the road, but something ain't right. That doesn't just happen from hitting a cattle guard. Are you should that coupler isn't 2 5/16? It sounds like it has breaks which usually is 2 and 5. Also, sounds like you might need a new battery in your brake box.

All the stories above are why you can NEVER get yourself in too much of a rush when towing. ALWAYS double/triple-check your hitch, connections, fittings, etc. Maybe it's a habit from my days of having to do pre-trip inspections before hopping in the cab, but you just can't screw around with this stuff. Takes just an extra minute to go through it all and could save you the embarrassment of being one of those dingleberries who sees their own trailer pass them down the highway. Haha. Oh yeah. And check your tongue weight while you're at it.

Defrost circuits on refrigerators that don't work.

I use to defrost my cheap freezer with a Chouinard ice hammer. Usually when the ice had gotten to about 6 inches thick.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Defrost circuits on refrigerators that don't work.
    aka all modern refrigerators.

Check the thermostat switch (it'll be clipped to one end of the evaporator tube)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Not to go all Safety Bob on the trailer thing as I've certainly pull my share of sketchy shit down the road, but something ain't right. That doesn't just happen from hitting a cattle guard. Are you should that coupler isn't 2 5/16? It sounds like it has breaks which usually is 2 and 5. Also, sounds like you might need a new battery in your brake box.
    I was giving him the easy out. 2 5/16 vs 2 (or worse 1 7/8) is usually pretty obvious.

Somewhere I've seen color coded setups. A red spray paint dot on your setup vs yellow on the other size gives a good indicator something ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I use to defrost my cheap freezer with a Chouinard ice hammer. Usually when the ice had gotten to about 6 inches thick.
    Yeah - I had to crawl in and basically do the heat-gun version of this yesterday. Almost hurt myself due to the contortions involved.

Car insurance

The first three estimates used:
    1: a part that was discontinued and isn't available
    2: a part that doesnt fit my vehicle
    3: a part that is on sale online, but none of the shops around will install it if I order it myself

Updating each of these estimates has taken multiple phone calls and weeks of time. But now they're refusing to budge, even though I've got multiple estimates from actual shops that are within $5 of each other. They say it's realistic to order the online part, bring it to a shop, and have the shop install said part, even though no shop will do that for insurance work.

Who is the insurer?

Been locked out of my PC since 945 am...on the phone with IT for hours since

I usually leave for golf league on Tue just after 1 but I can't because we're still trying to get it fixed

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    aka all modern refrigerators.

Check the thermostat switch (it'll be clipped to one end of the evaporator tube)
    Shit we have some high end scientific fridges and freezers in the lab that are specifically built to prevent icing and come with price tag you'd expect (north of $5k) and they still can't handle the task.
    I love opening the freezer to get to a box of samples and hearing FUCKING ICICLES fall off in the back. I've had to hit some of the sample boxes with a hammer to get them out of their ice shell...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Shit we have some high end scientific fridges and freezers in the lab that are specifically built to prevent icing and come with price tag you'd expect (north of $5k) and they still can't handle the task.
    I love opening the freezer to get to a box of samples and hearing FUCKING ICICLES fall off in the back. I've had to hit some of the sample boxes with a hammer to get them out of their ice shell...
    So what you're saying is that I should just plan on manually defrosting my fucking modern, hi tech fridge once every 6 months?

ETA: actually, it's not that new, modern, nor high tech.

Neither are you, homeboy
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Neither are you, homeboy
    I could agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Been locked out of my PC since 945 am...on the phone with IT for hours since

I usually leave for golf league on Tue just after 1 but I can't because we're still trying to get it fixed
    I hope you told the IT boys this... frequently... as motivation for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Broken PC for me these days = “go ahead and log in remotely, let me know when you fix it” and then I go do something else around the house for however long it takes.

can you fix my phone? currently on my 5th call to carrier. no incoming outgoing calls except to carrier.

Have you tried calling your carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    No, but I tried getting drunk after golf instead and it worked out pretty well.

Good news is it absolutely poured during what would have been the last few holes on the front...so not a huge loss I missed out on first 9.

We had a substitute bartender for men's night that was an absolute rocket so lotta guys hung late...weird

IT issue still unresolved....

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    No, but I tried getting drunk after golf instead and it worked out pretty well.

Good news is it absolutely poured during what would have been the last few holes on the front...so not a huge loss I missed out on first 9.

We had a substitute bartender for men's night that was an absolute rocket so lotta guys hung late...weird

IT issue still unresolved....
    She's in the spank bank. Why do you need the internet?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    She's in the spank bank. Why do you need the internet?
    Yeah...and we won't even mention the gorgeous girl next door looking cart girl with massive bombs.

Shit that annoys you

How do we hold harm to these dimwits who have not cut down the cottonwood trees ? MFs. I’ve got a fresh white blanket over my yard for you to come handle.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    How do we hold harm to these dimwits who have not cut down the cottonwood trees ? MFs. I’ve got a fresh white blanket over my yard for you to come handle.
    I don't know but as someone who is allergic to them I'm all for an armed attack.

When I'm trying to hit the "more options" button for a song in Spotify and the scroll button is in the same place.