Page 1288 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... LastLast
Results 32,176 to 32,200 of 40191
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    For some strange genetic quirk, I don't have any. Just a gap where they should be. I'll take that win, or just be blissfully ignorant of my lack of wisdom.
    I have none on the bottom and am also missing my bottom-left second molar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I have none on the bottom and am also missing my bottom-left second molar.
    On my RHS, I have a double stacked molar horizontally. It just kinda hangs out with its friend. Will be very easy to identify my remains.

Shit that annoys you

The sutures are obnoxious.... flipping around and occasionally getting stuck in my teeth like spider legs.

My ex wife went from denying custody for months due to COVID concerns to hosting sleepovers at her house amid all-time high local community spread. Both extremes annoy me, but the vacillation between the two is hard to reconcile.
    focus.

For some strange genetic quirk, I don't have any. Just a gap where they should be. I'll take that win, or just be blissfully ignorant of my lack of wisdom.
    I had an extra one. Lucky me.

Shipstation is pretty ambitious, what with the future-casting of the current status of a shipment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E0DB211-4600-4C01-A420-580B06C5AFAE.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	346640

ffs

the USPS and the space force are doing time travel
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The French Bakery is the only place Ive found, and I go 10 miles out of my way to go there sometimes.

https://www.thefrenchbakery.com

The tiny store in Mazama actually bought a deck oven to improve their bread, so at least theyre trying. Kind of amazing really, given the location.

https://www.themazamastore.com
    Anjou Bakery in Cashmere has killer baguettes Ill eat them plain
    I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The black ones you put on your fingers as a kid, or, like, all of them?
    Do you like the salt cured, packed in oil olives? I get them from the Olive Pit in Corning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I know, especially this week of all weeks, we are supposed to be mortal, binary enemies of everyone that isn't with us 100%, and I am generally of the mindset that there's something to like in everything and everyone. But man, I can not get down with a blanket hatred of olives, too fucking good.

What do you put in your gin when there's no tonic n limes around? Huh? WHAT?
    A pickled onion

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That Biden guy winning....

Now some of the good places are impossible to get to!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

The amount of time I spend on reservations sites and keeping track of these reservations has gone through the roof. Right now there are only a few public pools open in the entire Seattle metro area and all of them require reservations. The slots fill up very quickly because they're only allowing two swimmers per lane, so you need to know when each pool opens up their new reservation period to even get a space. Also every pool seems to have a different reservation system and none of them are great. For example, it sure would be nice if they had an option for "just show me the times that aren't already full" but none of them seem to have that feature. You get the entire list and then see it's full only when you click on the time slot.

I'm glad I didn't buy an Epic Pass because that would just be one more reservation system to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Do you like the salt cured, packed in oil olives? I get them from the Olive Pit in Corning.
    Yeah, I dig 'em. It's an entirely different kind of olive.

Anjou Bakery in Cashmere has killer baguettes I’ll eat them plain
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about the place as I only drive that way in the winter.
    Funny story, and something that truly fucking annoyed me, they must've changed their policy, as they would not sell me a baguette. I would ask, and they would always tell me that they save them for sandwiches, and not sell them as a baguette only. I tried to order a sandwich plain like in "Easy Rider", but they wouldn't do it.
    When they close WA pass I'll have to go there again.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

A pickled onion
    Yup - definitely superior to putting an olive in.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The amount of time I spend on reservations sites and keeping track of these reservations has gone through the roof. Right now there are only a few public pools open in the entire Seattle metro area and all of them require reservations. The slots fill up very quickly because they're only allowing two swimmers per lane, so you need to know when each pool opens up their new reservation period to even get a space. Also every pool seems to have a different reservation system and none of them are great. For example, it sure would be nice if they had an option for "just show me the times that aren't already full" but none of them seem to have that feature. You get the entire list and then see it's full only when you click on the time slot.
    I got a wetsuit and have been going out in the lake still, but it's getting cold finally. I'm starting to think I've dragged it out long enough.

I stock up when I drive through but I haven't been there in a few years.

When they close WA pass I'll have to go there again.
    It gets crowded, but if you're crossing on 20 the bread farm is good. I stop almost everytime I see family in Bellingham.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

I'm glad I didn't buy an Epic Pass because that would just be one more reservation system to add to the list.
    Swimming = pain in a sensory deprivation tank. You should try something less torturous. Like waterboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I got a wetsuit and have been going out in the lake still, but it's getting cold finally. I'm starting to think I've dragged it out long enough.
    I've tried a wetsuit a few times and every time it absolutely destroys my neck. My last open water swim was last Monday in Puget Sound and I think that's going to be it for me until next year or until I come up with a solution for my neck. It has been a little strange alternating between water in the low 50s for open water then going into an 85 degree pool.

...I tried to order a sandwich plain like in "Five Easy Pieces", but they wouldn't do it....
    FIFY. I meant what you knew. Quality reference, easily mixed up with Easy Rider, Jack N and all.

Having the oven go pretty much haywire right before the holidays... and not being able to get a suitable replacement in a timely fashion.

Today I had a hard workout that gives you that temporary dry smoker's cough afterwards....so not acceptable right now

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    No, but those fuckers get in somewhere. Just completed the morning vacuum. Cold weather looks to be coming to stay starting Sunday, we'll see if that helps.
    our fruit flies this yr have been unbearable as well
    I got them under control at one point and then they invaded my bathroom?! there's certainly no fruit in the bathroom

evolutionarily superior? I think that's the next thing to go
    skid luxury

For posterity...

how about how difficult it is to access the HDMI and optical connectors on a wall mounted TV. Had to get my 13 y.o. to do it...They could just put them on the side or bottom.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Maybe this should go in the rat flu thread but it really annoys me right now.

Send kids back to in person school - four days of essentially mediocre online lessons while physically sitting in a classroom and now the whole class is quarantined for two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Maybe this should go in the rat flu thread but it really annoys me right now.

Send kids back to in person school - four days of essentially mediocre online lessons while physically sitting in a classroom and now the whole class is quarantined for two weeks
    Yeah, but they need to socialize! Otherwise how will they prepare for maintaining friendships during a lifetime of working alone in an office or out on the job in small groups?

Seriously starting to question that whole thing. I dont want my kid to be some home schooled weirdo, but Im not sure forced socialization during childhood really teaches us the skills we need to operate effectively and happily in the real world.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    but they need to socialize! .
    They were socializing just fine with safe, socially distanced, masked, outdoor activities. It's the quarantine because of school that's f#@ked that up and now she's stuck at home for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    For posterity...

how about how difficult it is to access the HDMI and optical connectors on a wall mounted TV. Had to get my 13 y.o. to do it...They could just put them on the side or bottom.
    That's something you need to confirm BEFORE you buy the T.V.

For the record - my ancient-assed Samsung has a few interfaces on the side (the bulk of them are on the back). I'd wager there are more than one manufacturer that puts *all* the interfaces on the side.