Page 1214 of 1236 FirstFirst ... 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... LastLast
Results 30,326 to 30,350 of 30878
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Same for the fucks I used to work for that would humble brag about not taking any vacation days.
    I've heard many people at work saying they need to take vacation because otherwise they'd lose it. We're allowed to carry up to two years worth, so for people who've been at the company for 20 years that's eight weeks of vacation. I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I would think exactly the opposite, no?
    you got that right. For multiple reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.
    That's not a vacation, it's a sabbatical. Eight weeks off paid to go on some epic adventure would be amazing, but there's zero chance that's what any of these guys are doing.

We have a statewide shelter-in-place but the remodel down the road hasn't stopped - there's a crew of 7-8 guys there 6 days/week. Construction is technically exempt but adding a master suite to your second home doesn't exactly seem like an essential service.

I've heard many people at work saying they need to take vacation because otherwise they'd lose it. We're allowed to carry up to two years worth, so for people who've been at the company for 20 years that's eight weeks of vacation. I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.
    When I left my last job I cashed out 12 weeks of vacation. Had to take a day and a couple hours off every two weeks to avoid losing any. Helped pay for the move and part of the down payment on (what is now) my ex wifeís house.

When I say it like that, I should have taken the 60 days off.... but it wasnít a bad exit strategy.
    focus.

My vacation doesn't carry over. I make a point to use every bit. And on the rare occasion something came up last minute and prevented me from doing so, I have gotten management to give exceptions, which they can do in certain circumstances.

Guy in front of me at the butcher today coughed into his hand then proceeded to rub the counter with his hand and touch just about everything he could.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    We have a statewide shelter-in-place but the remodel down the road hasn't stopped - there's a crew of 7-8 guys there 6 days/week. Construction is technically exempt but adding a master suite to your second home doesn't exactly seem like an essential service.
    Non-essential here. Local authorities have posted a number on FB for calling and reporting such activity. I could see allowing a person laying tile or doing plumbing/electrical etc. but a whole crew would be pushing it IMO.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Shit that annoys you

I get 7 weeks a yr and it doesnít carry over so I use it
    Of course they prefer us to not take more than 2 weeks in a row but sometimes we stretch it. But lots of powder days and long weekends all summer #shitthatdoesntannoyme
    You canít really chk out of my job for more than a day anyway tho so I guess itís rarely ever fully vacation but Iíll take it

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    We started a renovation a few weeks before everything went down so we just want them to give us flooring and a kitchen.
    Been sheltering at home but only in one bedroom and been using a toaster, grill and mini fridge. Not fun. When they leave we have to come out and clean everything but the house was unlivable so we just need it to get to a livable point. I came down with shingles by of all the stress. Not fun.
    skid luxury

Ouch. That's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Ouch. That's no fun.
    Yea-thought I was dealing with the stress of it all like a champ but apparently my body thought otherwise
    skid luxury

I cringe at the thought of shingles. Hope they resolve quickly

Sorry, b-bear. Wifey had it a few years ago, but not a debilitating case. I had it when I was 14, which was pretty rare. Hang in there!
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Guy in front of me at the butcher today coughed into his hand then proceeded to rub the counter with his hand and touch just about everything he could.
    seems like a dangerous thing to do in front of a guy with a meat cleaver.

Newer vehicles without tow hooks on the frame. WTF, how are you supposed to get towed out of a snowbank if you don't have somewhere to hook a chain or strap?

Did the tow truck drivers lobby the vehicle makers to not include these on vehicles anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Newer vehicles without tow hooks on the frame. WTF, how are you supposed to get towed out of a snowbank if you don't have somewhere to hook a chain or strap?

Did the tow truck drivers lobby the vehicle makers to not include these on vehicles anymore?
    Had to help pull a neighbor's vehicle out of the fucking GUTTER (shitty tires) and ran into this. It was quite irritating having to crawl in the snow/slush to wrap the chain around something that looked sturdy enough to tow from. And get this - it was a fucking JEEP.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I get 7 weeks a yr and it doesn’t carry over so I use it
    Of course they prefer us to not take more than 2 weeks in a row but sometimes we stretch it. But lots of powder days and long weekends all summer #shitthatdoesntannoyme
    You can’t really chk out of my job for more than a day anyway tho so I guess it’s rarely ever fully vacation but I’ll take it.
    The seven weeks bit sounds pretty awesome, but the fact you can't check out sucks. I'd hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Had to help pull a neighbor's vehicle out of the fucking GUTTER (shitty tires) and ran into this. It was quite irritating having to crawl in the snow/slush to wrap the chain around something that looked sturdy enough to tow from. And get this - it was a fucking JEEP.
    On a Jeep? Wow. That IS pathetic. SMH.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    On a Jeep? Wow. That IS pathetic. SMH.

To be fair - it was a SHITTY non-Jeep Jeep... but still had a "Jeep" badge on it. It was a pile of shit.

Other than the Wranglers, and possibly the Grand Cherokee, the entire rest of the Jeep lineup is a bunch of crap. I would be surprised to see tow hooks on a Compass or Renegade.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    To be fair - it was a SHITTY non-Jeep Jeep... but still had a "Jeep" badge on it. It was a pile of shit.
    Ah. One of the Fiat based models I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Ah. One of the Fiat based models I presume?

Yeah. It was a POS. Shit - it was difficult to find ANYTHING to wrap a chain around.

A monkey can paint better than my neighbor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	323195

How's the food from that drive-thru?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A monkey can paint better than my neighbor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	323195
    Maybe partially colorblind
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

A true patriot and truly shitty painter.