Page 1208 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 ... LastLast
Results 30,176 to 30,200 of 46183
    Wife's in the line at Safeway, the checker is off doing something, she starts chatting with the guy behind her about the wine he is buying. He highly recommends so she tells him she's going to go back to the wine aisle and buy a bottle. Except the asshole had taken the last bottle, and when she gets back to the line the guy has moved her groceries and taken her place in line. After the guy leaves and my wife is being checked the checker tells her what a dick the guy was, that he was saying nasty things about my wife--complete stranger, while she was off looking for the wine.
    Anyone here?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Wife's in the line at Safeway, the checker is off doing something, she starts chatting with the guy behind her about the wine he is buying. He highly recommends so she tells him she's going to go back to the wine aisle and buy a bottle. Except the asshole had taken the last bottle, and when she gets back to the line the guy has moved her groceries and taken her place in line. After the guy leaves and my wife is being checked the checker tells her what a dick the guy was, that he was saying nasty things about my wife--complete stranger, while she was off looking for the wine.
    Anyone here?
    That's fucking weird.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That's fucking weird.
    Right?

What kind of wife chats up a stranger in the Safeway checkout, then leaves all her groceries to go buy a bottle of wine the creepy dude recommended.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Right?

What kind of wife chats up a stranger in the Safeway checkout, then leaves all her groceries to go buy a bottle of wine the creepy dude recommended.
    And some condoms. And hand sanitizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anyone here?
    It's Truckee Safeway on a Thursday night. What do you expect? Anything is possible.

Ron Johnson lives in Truckee...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    And some condoms. And hand sanitizer.
    Where's this store? I've been trying to find a 3oz bottle of sanitizer for weeks now.
    I still call it The Jake.

Been trying hard to look for work all week. ANY job and not even being picky. Job hunting these days sucks enough as it is thanks to all the online application nonsense and virtual HR departments you have to wade through, but after making it past the first couple rounds of BS with one outfit, I just got an e-mail from them that they went on a hiring freeze just now thanks to all this corona nonsense. Another prospective employer for a night shift job went from like 130 positions available yesterday to like 10 today. Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That's fucking weird.
    Not so weird when you consider he's a doctor, according to what he told the checker.

Yesterday my wife picked up what she thought was a large package of TP. Got it home and realized it was paper towels, so she returned it today. Only person in America to return a package of TP in the last week. (And thanks for your concern, but we have plenty of TP at least for now. I suppose we could always use more but I would feel really dumb if we both died at home from the rat flu surrounded by dozens of rolls of TP, That would make Jerry of the Day for sure.)

^ Paper towels are my backup plan if the TP runs out.

You need a bidet.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    You need a bidet.
    Plumbers around here have a 2 year waiting list for bidets.
    (Plumbers around here are backed up (pun intended) for everything, but that could change in a hurry.)

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Been trying hard to look for work all week. ANY job and not even being picky. Job hunting these days sucks enough as it is thanks to all the online application nonsense and virtual HR departments you have to wade through, but after making it past the first couple rounds of BS with one outfit, I just got an e-mail from them that they went on a hiring freeze just now thanks to all this corona nonsense. Another prospective employer for a night shift job went from like 130 positions available yesterday to like 10 today. Dammit!
    It could get worse...some people at my son's workplace (a 3M warehouse):were laid off today
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Recession, ho!

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    It could get worse...some people at my son's workplace (a 3M warehouse):were laid off today
    WTF. You know we're going to need a shitload of duck tape before this thing is over.

Duck tape? What in the fuck?
    Laps boomah
    crab in my shoe mouth

WTF. You know we're going to need a shitload of duck tape before this thing is over.
    That's what my son said.. Totally confusing... Maybe something going on with that specific workplace.. But the suits don't give any info so speculation is rampant among his coworkers.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ Paper towels are my backup plan if the TP runs out.
    Two stores I was in the last couple of days were completely cleared out of TP and any paper alternatives including paper towels and napkins.
    Hoping idiots don't strip the coffee filters bare before I can get a pack today.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Two stores I was in the last couple of days were completely cleared out of TP and any paper alternatives including paper towels and napkins.
    Hoping idiots don't strip the coffee filters bare before I can get a pack today.
    How the hell did the tp thing start? According to NY times article, the vast majority of tp is produced in the US and around 10% imported from Ghina. So wtf. They're not ramping up capacity and I don't blame them. There's only so much shitting going on. Slight increases annually due to population growth.

People are scared and don't know what to do. Some news outlet had to have run a story last week showing someone buying a massive amount of TP and social media poured the gasoline on it. Every other news outlet picked the low hanging fruit and started running more stories about TP shortages and now worldwide people are fighting over asspaper. Fucking ridiculous but not surprising[see hurricane frenzy].
    Georgia Pacific runs a TP plant in Plattsburgh, maybe a Good Fellas style hijack of a loaded truck would be profitable.

On the other hand the local Front Porch Forum is swamped with people unloading Sugarbush quad pack tickets and Mad cards at cut rate prices for fear they will close any day.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Duck tape? What in the fuck?
    Laps boomah
    *Duct tape was originally named “Duck” tape and originally only came in green, not silver.*

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Still in businessClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200314-113207_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	320280

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

There are way too many rat beer flu threads.

I think it was the other way around on the duct tape. Duct tape is often mispronounced duck tape and some smart marketing dude said let's call our duct tape Duck Tape, so now when people go to Lowes and HD they see Duck Tape and buy that instead of some cheaper generic duct tape. My theory anyway.

Yeah, pretty sure it was to patch shoddy ducts, but I really don’t know.
    Googling would be too difficult.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident