Page 1197 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 ... LastLast
Results 29,901 to 29,925 of 30071
    Car manufacturers that assemble the whole vehicle around the headlight bulb.

Making near total disassembly or access through the tailpipe necessary to change them.

Either that or you need fingers like ET. Including the one that lights up to see what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Making near total disassembly or access through the tailpipe necessary to change them.

Either that or you need fingers like ET. Including the one that lights up to see what you're doing.
    You actually have to remove a wheel to change a headlight on my wife's suby.

No way I can get my hand in through wheel well "access" panel on a Grand Cherokee remove cover, bulb and then replace.

Removal of airbox, washer bottle on one side.

Fuse box and move computer on other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I will try to make a long story short. Neighbor kid my son's age broke into our kitchen while we were sleeping and stole some booze and a little bit of spending money. It snowed a lot yesterday, so there's clear tracks to our window. Oh, and he left his boots outside in the snow, must have come off when he came in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200208_130350.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	314646

The kid's had a shitty life starting at a young age and lives with his adoptive grandma. She's completely overwhelmed by the issues this kid and his sister have stemming from heredity and trauma at a young age. After this, he'll probably go into DCF custody. Grandma tried to do these kids a solid and was just in over her head. Her adopted daughter, their mom, has very serious mental health issues. There's a lot more that I won't get into.

My wife called the cops. After he was released they said he had to come apologize. My wife listened. I of course was more like, where's my money, bish?!?! That and my mostly full bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when they tried to drink that. They tossed it out I am told. I am thinking punishment should have been me making them drink it neat.
    Bill Weld for President, 2020

Fucking stoplights
    When the power is out it’s a four way stop sign. Come to a full stop and wait your turn
    Faaack
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Do people not do that?
    JFC. I thought that was standard protocol.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fucking stoplights
    When the power is out it’s a four way stop sign. Come to a full stop and wait your turn
    Faaack
    Some people are assholes, but most just can't figure out when it's their turn at a four way stop, especially if it's more than 2 lanes each way. Hell, I think I went out of my turn today.

No way I can get my hand in through wheel well "access" panel on a Grand Cherokee remove cover, bulb and then replace.

You are an embarrassment to Australians everywhere not owning a Land Cruiser. And complaining about a poorly designed Grand Cherokee is like complaining that rain gets you wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You actually have to remove a wheel to change a headlight on my wife's suby.

Oooh, that's an infuriating one. It's like the designers and engineers who came up with that nonsense have never turned a wrench in their lives. The designers are like "Make the car look like this." And the engineers are like "You got it. We'll do whatever it takes. Routine maintanence be damned!"

Bulbs, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, etc. ALL should be easily accessible, but NOPE! Chrysler products are certainly some of the worst offenders, but these days seems that most manufacturers aren't far behind. That gap's definitely closed. Now that so many have even gone to non-serviceable, sealed transmissions with supposed "lifetime" (it's not) fluid, many of these aspects are worse than ever.

Threading of emails on Gmail annoys me. After a few replies with a couple of people, it sucks. Outlook is logical and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Threading of emails on Gmail annoys me. After a few replies with a couple of people, it sucks. Outlook is logical and easy.
    I miss xmh for reading teh emails.

The fact that our local taxpayer funded rec center doesn't have any fitness classes that begin before 7:45 or after 5:30 which doesn't work for all the county employees that work 8-5.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Oooh, that's an infuriating one. It's like the designers and engineers who came up with that nonsense have never turned a wrench in their lives. The designers are like "Make the car look like this." And the engineers are like "You got it. We'll do whatever it takes. Routine maintanence be damned!"

Bulbs, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, etc. ALL should be easily accessible, but NOPE! Chrysler products are certainly some of the worst offenders, but these days seems that most manufacturers aren't far behind. That gap's definitely closed. Now that so many have even gone to non-serviceable, sealed transmissions with supposed "lifetime" (it's not) fluid, many of these aspects are worse than ever.
    Ha. Try owning a Mini. I was quoted twice 800 dollars to fix a broken windshield wiper motor. It was all labor. Thing is put together like a puzzle.

Fun car, though. Not for skiing.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fun car, though. Not for skiing.
    I know you have that little Honda SUV now, but why wouldn’t a Clubman or Countryman with all wheel drive not be a decent ski car?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I know you have that little Honda SUV now, but why wouldn’t a Clubman or Countryman with all wheel drive not be a decent ski car?
    Because when the Texan in a rental Expedition slides into you, you die. If you were driving a regular sized automobile, you would have exchanged insurance and been on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    They make no sense. Still small, but they bloat up the Mini and lengthen the wheelbase. Expensive, too, and still with the aforementioned maintenance issues. They're small BMWs, after all.
    I switched back over to a Subaru and now the HRV after that. Affordable ski machines. That car was a blast to drive, though. 2003S. Snow tires get you through winter easily.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

minis fuckin' rally in the snow! when i was stationed in sicily, i used to drive mine up from sigonella to mt etna every weekend to ski. what fuckin' blast that thing was to drive. i was really bummed when the goddamn navy wouldn't let me bring it home with me.

the size difference between the original and the countryman is yudge. i can't believe that they would drive at all alike.

To steal a line from years ago, it annoys me that this forum goes down more often than a Mexican hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    To steal a line from years ago, it annoys me that this forum goes down more often than a Mexican hooker.
    You should know.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    minis fuckin' rally in the snow! when i was stationed in sicily, i used to drive mine up from sigonella to mt etna every weekend to ski. what fuckin' blast that thing was to drive. i was really bummed when the goddamn navy wouldn't let me bring it home with me.

the size difference between the original and the countryman is yudge. i can't believe that they would drive at all alike.

Shoulda just mailed one piece home at a time.

Ha. I've been thinking lately of a line my buddy uses a lot, that this snow is more used up than a twenty dollar hooker.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Do tell about the $20 hooker, I am not knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Original mini enthusiasts call the new ones "biggies".

apache tomcat server, what a hunk of junk.

been creating applications on microsoft's IIS for years, never a problem, always had decipherable error messages if you coded it right but not apache, error messages are of little help and applications take forever to get up and running with new versions; junk.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Do tell about the $20 hooker, I am not knowledgeable.
    Never been. His line.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die