Page 1194 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 ... LastLast
Results 29,826 to 29,850 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I’m gonna tell them I’m unavailable all Fridays and Mondays for the two month period.
    Yes, just give them the dates you are not available. That's what I did this winter when I got the notice--emailed them a list of all my potential ski days. It was a lot of days, like 50+, and the lady emailed back and said this makes it really difficult for us. I think at that point she moved me to the spring schedule or something because I haven't heard from them since.

That’s my plan^^^

Two month period; grand jury trial?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    KQ isn't there a place to sign on the slip? If there is just do that and put it back in the mailbox with the flag thing up. It'll take a couple days but you'll get it.
    Thanks. I went online and requested delivery for Wednesday but today I rec'd another notice that they tried to deliver. Ugh. Filled out the slip and left it for them. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Not really sure why I have to sign for it. It's a book on felting.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    sure but I'm betting the guy obviously knows her. he couldn't mention it while they chatted and just take care of it then??

postal people are weird.
    Yeah.... I'm verkelmpt.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Thanks. I went online and requested delivery for Wednesday but today I rec'd another notice that they tried to deliver. Ugh. Filled out the slip and left it for them. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Not really sure why I have to sign for it. It's a book on felting.

That's what drives me nuts--when I wasn't home to sign and I want to pick it up at Fedex or the PO but I can't because they're trying to deliver it again. There should be a better system. Most people, if they're not home today won't be home tomorrow either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's what drives me nuts--when I wasn't home to sign and I want to pick it up at Fedex or the PO but I can't because they're trying to deliver it again. There should be a better system. Most people, if they're not home today won't be home tomorrow either.
    Holy shit! Are you me? Same thing happening here as we speak.

Most people never go home?

this shit really is getting out of hand, this is got to be costing the companies that are trying to do the shipping a fucking fortune. And that’s the key to the answer to this problem. Eventually it’s going to start casting the shipping companies so much to address the symptoms of the problem that they will finally direct some attention to dealing with the actual fucking problem.

And then everything will be better.

Or not.

If I were married, I doubt I would.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I’ve purchased direct from two different outdoor companies based/warehoused in SLC the past couple weeks. Both of them took more than three business days to move from “order confirmed” to packaging and shipping. I’m still waiting on one. When I emailed them, they reminded me it might take up to 5 business days to package my order.

Fucking really? This is how you drive yourself out of business, especially when you have implemented a direct to consumer model. Amazon packages my shit up on about 15 minutes. A relatively low volume enterprise should be able to get it out in 24 hours. I fail to see how 5 days is remotely reasonable.
    focus.

Try returning to them where they let the return sit on the dock for a week before they accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’ve purchased direct from two different outdoor companies based/warehoused in SLC the past couple weeks. Both of them took more than three business days to move from “order confirmed” to packaging and shipping. I’m still waiting on one. When I emailed them, they reminded me it might take up to 5 business days to package my order.

Fucking really? This is how you drive yourself out of business, especially when you have implemented a direct to consumer model. Amazon packages my shit up on about 15 minutes. A relatively low volume enterprise should be able to get it out in 24 hours. I fail to see how 5 days is remotely reasonable.
    So, not Eddie Bauer?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ordered something from Amazon last week - expected shipping: APRIL!!! WTF? Didn't say that when I clicked "confirm order." I cancelled and bought it somewhere else.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If you work, you're not home at least 5 days/wk. If Fedex comes while you're at work today why should they expect you to be home at the same time tomorrow? It's enough to make you want to buy something at a store, at least while there still are stores.

Speaking of which, my wife thinks it's somehow cheaper to drive down to Reno to buy huge quantities of food for the two of us at Costco, some of which rots before we can eat it, and hardware at HD, then to pay a little more at Safeway and Mountain Hardware, the latter of which gives us frequent discount coupons. Not to mention supporting local business and their workers. A lot of people in Truckee do a regular Reno run every week. I need a better reason than shopping to go to Reno.

<snip> I need a better reason than shopping to go to Reno.
    Hookers and blow?

I guess that's technically "shopping" as well... so never mind.

I WFH and sometimes I can't answer the door for a sig because I am on the phone with 3 levels of mgmt. That sucks.

Skis showed up, but TSA rifled the bags, so skis and poles were loose and all over the place. Bunch of losers.

My current Amazon order has said delivery tomorrow, the 6th, since I ordered it on the 28th.
    Ok, cancel all plans to be available.
    As of this morning it has not moved to ‘shipped’.
    Turns out the 3 in stock when I ordered it wasn’t quite true. It is back ordered with no idea for fulfillment.
    I wonder when they were planning on telling me.
    She offered me a $10 credit...

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Skis showed up, but TSA rifled the bags, so skis and poles were loose and all over the place. Bunch of losers.

yeah, pro tip.... the tsa searches every ski bag every time. I’ve got dozens of them there “we were here” courtesy cards. gonna drop the whole pile of ‘em in the ol’ skibag on one of my future trips. i’m sure that hilarity will ensue.

They were looking for your weed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They were looking for your weed.
    Duh - carry it on?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    yeah, pro tip.... the tsa searches every ski bag every time. I’ve got dozens of them there “we were here” courtesy cards. gonna drop the whole pile of ‘em in the ol’ skibag on one of my future trips. i’m sure that hilarity will ensue.
    one of my friends did this on a trip. he had saved 25 or so of those TSA notices and stacked them all up in his ski bag. not sure if the TSA found it funny but I was LMAO
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    one of my friends did this on a trip. he had saved 25 or so of those TSA notices and stacked them all up in his ski bag. not sure if the TSA found it funny but I was LMAO
    I like this idea! My friend travels all the time for work. I should tell her to save them up for just this!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Duh - carry it on?
    Exactly.

I like this idea! My friend travels all the time for work. I should tell her to save them up for just this!
    I mean, I don’t have tons of rules, but one of them is “don’t piss off TSA.” YMMV

I’ve purchased direct from two different outdoor companies based/warehoused in SLC the past couple weeks. Both of them took more than three business days...
    SLC...in Utah...
    In the winter...when peeps go skiing...and the snow messes up "our regular scheduled programming"?
    Really...You don't say...do go on...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...