Page 1146 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146
Results 28,626 to 28,634 of 28634
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And, no surprise, it took them 6 days to tell me "yeah, you made a commitment to volunteer for us but we made no commitment to you."

If there was another ski racing group around I'd go elsewhere, because they suck.
    you’re gonna love gatekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And, no surprise, it took them 6 days to tell me "yeah, you made a commitment to volunteer for us but we made no commitment to you."

If there was another ski racing group around I'd go elsewhere, because they suck.
    24 hours for $300 ? Fuck them, they must think your an undocumented migrant worker afraid of ice. Aren't you an attorney ? Go bill 90 minutes of your time to the team and send them an invoice that you'll write off and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    24 hours for $300 ? Fuck them, they must think your an undocumented migrant worker afraid of ice. Aren't you an attorney ? Go bill 90 minutes of your time to the team and send them an invoice that you'll write off and be done with it.
    It's not a per hour amount, but this was a 4 hour shift for a half credit, so $50. And I'm a salary man, so there's no work I can do to easily make up for that money/time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Do your salary people prohibit you from forming an LLC for side work?
    I realize they might. If not, you could easily bring in a few grand extra per year.
    Let me know if you need help with that.

The last score of posts belong in the "amuses me" thread.

Got a big project to complete so I get up at like 4 AM to get going on it. Stupid massive Windows cumulative update apparently knocked out my wifi drivers so I've spent the last 2 hours dicking around with it until I gave up and plugged in ethernet through my dock after searching forever for a long ass cable I had buried somewhere. Google search shows I'm not alone apparently with this latest update. Thanks a lot, MS. These big updates and their subsequent issues always seem to happen at the WORST possible times. Finally rocking and rolling again (thanks to ethernet) but now it's time to get kids going for the day. Sunnuvabitch...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Got a big project to complete so I get up at like 4 AM to get going on it. Stupid massive Windows cumulative update apparently knocked out my wifi drivers so I've spent the last 2 hours dicking around with it until I gave up and plugged in ethernet through my dock after searching forever for a long ass cable I had buried somewhere. Google search shows I'm not alone apparently with this latest update. Thanks a lot, MS. These big updates and their subsequent issues always seem to happen at the WORST possible times. Finally rocking and rolling again (thanks to ethernet) but now it's time to get kids going for the day. Sunnuvabitch...
    Updates suck. #1 rule of IT, never update your workstation right before you have to get something done. I have a pending RHEL upgrade that I am putting off because I need to get stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    If it was just kids I'd be ok with it. I've now seen it show up in numerous TV commercials, usually including adults attempting it.
    Man... I think I'm really glad that I have *NO* idea what you're talking about. <whew>

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    <snip> I get up at like 4 AM
    Dafuq??

Name:  five-am-funny.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  45.0 KB