Page 1163 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... LastLast
Results 29,051 to 29,075 of 46230
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Shit. That's shitty.
    I'm just happy someone knew meters lol.

Was seriously rolling through various scenarios of meter jokes.
    Thanks for ruining my fun. Annoying.
    But seriously, do you figure the ground where they died is haunted now?
    How many meters in circumference?
    Do you use circumferences?

When you order car parts and they ship you the wrong parts. And you realize AFTER you're 3/4ths of the way through the job. My first time tackling brake pads/rotors so it's been a learning curve for me taking WAAAAY longer than it should, but it was a bitch and half removing/cleaning 11 year old Northern rusty/corroded parts. Finally broke down and bought a Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact wrench, which made removing the rest of the bolts a snap so at least that became a win once I bought that. Got the fronts (finally) finished. Great. Moving on to the rears. Get the new rotor on. Everything cleaned and lubed. Pads on. Go to put caliper bracket back on and faaaaaaaaaaak, the rotor's like half the width of the old one, so offset like 1/2". That ain't gonna work. I sure as hell hope I don't have to pull everything back off to do a return. And I realize all this late on Sunday night as I scramble to finish the job before the week starts.

So the weekend's now over and I'm down a car. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Double shooting, one dead, 500 meters away from my house.
    SWAT standoff at my condo complex a few weeks ago, police had the whole area cordoned off. A guy had fired shots at someone before taking his wife hostage and then killing himself. I never heard where in the complex this happened, but walking over to the store a few days later I was wondering why one of my neighbors still had halloween decorations up. Upon closer look on the way home I saw part of it was police line tape across the door. Turns out this was 3 doors down from my place, or about 100ft from my front door. Had never met the guy...

Visited Ms Boissal at work yesterday, she was on 24 hour shift and in need of food. She had just seen a guy who got shot in the dick by his wife. Twice. Third bullet was very close to his rectum. Rough deal.
    Nothing in the above annoys me but it fits well with the previous 2 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    That blows. Nothing you can do about it I take it?
    Oh my whole team is bitching. I walked away from more money for this schedule. Every 5th week was 4 day weekend. Ask the elk hunter on the night shift how this fucks his hunt next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just refuse the change? If my company eliminated our WfH benefit, I'd almost surely find something else...
    In a right to work state I'd be fucked.

A bunch of us are writing down our gripes and taking it to the CEO but have little hope. There was no consultation, no compromise, no apology, no other compensation. This is while we are making $1M a day and 20% of parent company global revenue. Fuck throw us a one time discretionary bonus and a bump in base pay as acknowledgment of how this is screwing us would at least shut me up while looking for another gig with a better schedule
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    In a right to work state I'd be fucked.
    No... you'd be free.

, my dad is in intensive care with Pneumonia. He has ALS, so this is a challenge. He thinks he might have to go to a feeding tube, which is very annoying.
    Joy joy!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    , my dad is in intensive care with Pneumonia. He has ALS, so this is a challenge. He thinks he might have to go to a feeding tube, which is very annoying.
    Joy joy!
    I'm sorry to hear this. Hang in there and keep us posted.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Sorry to hear that Rideit. Hoping for the best.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Kind of an interesting week!

Joy joy!
    Sorry to hear that. My dad passed away about a year and a half ago from ALS. What a shitty disease.

Sorry to hear that.
    The interesting thing is that he has had it for 14 years, so not a typical case. He is still working teaching, and just published a book last year. All in all, he feels lucky to be alive.

Hope that isn't as grim as it sounds man.

That made me laugh

? hm. ok. i'm a dumbass.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-03-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’ll let Iceman clarify

Appliance delivery.

My washing machine shit the bed last week. Washer and dryer are stacked so dryer has to be moved out of the way temporarily. Everywhere offers free delivery, installation and haul away of old appliance. They could be super helpful by lifting the dryer out of the way for me and then putting it back on the new washer after. But apparently that is too much to ask. No one will let their installers touch the dryer on top. For their safety - and mine! Unless of course I buy a new dryer too. Then they will gladly risk life and limb to replace it for me.

I'm too stubborn to cave for that kind of extortion. So instead I'll have to round someone up on a weekday to help. Twice, actually, since the 4 hr delivery window means dryer has to be removed before installers arrive and then put back after. And you know for sure they'll show up at the most inconvenient point in that window (if they show up at all). Or I can borrow a wheeled cart from work and move the dryer onto it myself. That won't be sketchy at all. But it will keep the installers from breaking a sweat, or a nail, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Appliance delivery.

My washing machine shit the bed last week. Washer and dryer are stacked so dryer has to be moved out of the way temporarily. Everywhere offers free delivery, installation and haul away of old appliance. They could be super helpful by lifting the dryer out of the way for me and then putting it back on the new washer after. But apparently that is too much to ask. No one will let their installers touch the dryer on top. For their safety - and mine! Unless of course I buy a new dryer too. Then they will gladly risk life and limb to replace it for me.

I'm too stubborn to cave for that kind of extortion. So instead I'll have to round someone up on a weekday to help. Twice, actually, since the 4 hr delivery window means dryer has to be removed before installers arrive and then put back after. And you know for sure they'll show up at the most inconvenient point in that window (if they show up at all). Or I can borrow a wheeled cart from work and move the dryer onto it myself. That won't be sketchy at all. But it will keep the installers from breaking a sweat, or a nail, so there's that.
    Pretty sure you could throw the installers a 20 and they'll do it. The guys at the store say no.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hell, give em 40
    Or some nugs

Thought about doing that. Problem is if they say no and the dryer is still up top when they get here they might just drop the new washer and leave. I don't want to get stuck getting rid of the old one myself. It's a lot heavier than the dryer. I'll probably try the solo cart first. If I can find a second one of similar height it might not be too bad.

taskrabbit.com

I commute by bike year round and park my bike outside of my office in a lobby of sorts, but not a main entrance. Another guy does this too. Today the company's secretary comes to me to tell me that the boss finds it very rude and disrespectful that we'd let snow from our bikes melt onto the floor. This is in a company of 20 people. In my head, all I could think was "fuck you, rude is not having the sack to say something to me when you were standing outside of my office thinking about what to have her tell me."

The mentality of employers here is really something else, like they're doing you a favor by letting you work for them. Gimme a break.

You need to dose his coffee with some liquid.

I’ll let Iceman clarify
    It looks like I was talking about rideit's post being grim but I was responding to a post that's been removed is all.