Page 1159 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... LastLast
Results 28,951 to 28,975 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why is that annoying? Seems easy enough to just ignore. The fact that you are even considering getting the dog tells me she was an idiot to let you go.
    Well thanks.
    But it was a weeklong stay for the holiday, and she actually has two dogs close to 100#’s each. I like dogs but with no crates and no fence and no basement not really set up for them. She’s still a friend we talk now and then and help each other out with things but this was just kind of out of left field. I went and busted them out of jail, but delegated the week of dog sitting to her neighbor with more logical accommodations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Well thanks.
    But it was a weeklong stay for the holiday, and she actually has two dogs close to 100#’s each. I like dogs but with no crates and no fence and no basement not really set up for them. She’s still a friend we talk now and then and help each other out with things but this was just kind of out of left field. I went and busted them out of jail, but delegated the week of dog sitting to her neighbor with more logical accommodations.
    Jeebus.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Shut your whore mouth.

And I’ll take your piece of carrot cake, blasphemer.
    I could kill a whole tray of Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.....I don’t...cuz it would give me instant diabetes.....but damn I really could.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    No empanadas? Jamaican Patties? Pasties?

Come to Jebus.
    No, no, nope and fucking no.
    Jebus never touches the devil's poop.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Attachment 303737

Attachment 303738

I've had a few Harry pies before, delicious.

The cooked bread adds nothing to these; I'll take 'em all clean and pure.

You’d eat a cheeseburger without the bun too? Nonono

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Ever find anything out about your fence?

We get people crashing into our fields thru fences and taking off... often creating a second hole. Pisses me off.

Never heard a word. There are at least five folks along my street with horses, so I can’t be sure who to blame. I haven’t seen any injured ones either. Oh well, at least it’s a fence I don’t care about. Still annoying, but in the grand scheme, a minor blip.

That sucks. Been in your shoes more than I can count.

You sure it was a horse? Could it have been a elk or even a moose? The shit looks similar and so does the hair... also many times when wire breaks it looks like a clean cut. Just thinking out loud...

Yeah, I ran through lots of scenarios... but the poop is definitely not deer (we get a dozen or more mulies through here almost every day) and there are no moose around here. It’s clearly horse or maybe donkey; light and grassy, not pellets. As for the fence being cut: There was a lower section (3’) of 2x3 mesh, and an upper barbed wire. The lower fence was trashed, and a few strands were broken at random lengths; but the bulk were cut on the same line. Hard to argue that wasn’t cut. And to seal the deal, the barbed wire was cut just beyond the nearest wooden post, then stretched back and loosely put in place as if nothing had happened. No way that wasn’t a human’s doing.

Yea that’s pretty obvious. I do hope the animal was ok though.

Me too; I really don’t give a shit about the fence, just the animal. A simple “hey man, sorry about your fence” would have been nice, but then I guess I expect too much from my fellow man.

I've ended up going through a fence once. I was riding in the trunk and my friend missed the turn somehow. She ended up with a puppy from the people whose pasture we ran into. Nice people. I don't recommend navigating from the trunk however.

Ended up helping put in new posts for the couple. Worked out ok

Here are a couple I have on my phone....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	133BBAAC-2CB3-4490-B624-EA0A9BCDAFF5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	303760
    This Volvo was airborne for 30-40’ and jumped the fence (the wreck happened on a triangle intersection and they drove thru the middle launching perpendicular over road like it was a ramp) The fence still got a hole when the wrecker pulled it out. 4 HS kids in the car none hurt. We did find a stash bag with weed and a pipe they ditched and insurance gave us money for the fence
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07548EC3-77E8-4304-B18E-592CC0542E7D.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	877.5 KB 
ID:	303761
    This dude stole the car and as I pulled up he took off on the back of his buddies motorcycle. Took out 60’ of fence then made this second hole trying to get out. He stopped because he hit the power pole guy wiire. The wire was actually out of the ground and the pole was split down the middle.

Guy down the road said they went by several times and seemed to be racing.

Jeebus... that looks like a fence that’s actually doing something, unlike mine. I’d be pissed.

Yea I had to fix them both right away. Shit the BMW actually drove around a splice so I had to do everything twice.

I’m totally annoyed with this cold I caught. Didn’t sleep much at all last night and tonight is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I was riding in the trunk and my friend missed the turn somehow.
    Wut?
    focus.

Holy shit I missed the trunk bit. Lol.

Meanwhile it looks like I slept for about a hour. I fucking hate being sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My father in law is British (Manx to be precise) and 92. Loves meat pies, tourtière, pasties, etc. He won't eat a cheeseburger with a bun, I have to cook potatoes for him on burger night. He loves it when I have the time to grill potato slices to go with but he's also perfectly happy with boiled potatoes with butter and salt to go with a grilled patty and melted cheese sitting nekkid on the plate. That ain't right.
    However he's 92 and let me marry his daughter, so he earned it. In a pinch he'll take the top bun off and eat the rest with a knife and fork.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    rhubarb pie w/banana peppers & orange is damn tasty.

the problem imo with most commercial pies is they cut way back on the fruit.
    I need to hear more about this rhubarb variant. Recipe? Restaurant? It sounds like something they should offer a la mode at Salt & Straw.

Apparently coffee shops now have double shot espresso machines. No more three shot Americano.

Grandma made bierocks. Homemade dough. Roast beef, onions, cabbage. Break open the top and smother in her homemade gravy. Insanely delicious. Anyone who did not love these would annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Apparently coffee shops now have double shot espresso machines. No more three shot Americano.
    My approach to fuckery like this is to get a quad-shot. Make sure they only charge you for a triple.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I need to hear more about this rhubarb variant. Recipe?
    It's from this cookbook https://www.runningpress.com/titles/...9780762458295/

the various samosa recipes end up being tasty meat or fruit pies too.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 11-26-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My approach to fuckery like this is to get a quad-shot. Make sure they only charge you for a triple.

Gonna need some heroin to level off if I drink a quad shot.