Page 1156 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 ... LastLast
Results 28,876 to 28,900 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man... it's such a GREAT feature on those trucks, though, amirite?

Your wife is amusing.

Yeah it is a pretty awesome feature if you can keep the code a secret. Kinda wish it’d let me start the car with a code too. Just do away with keys altogether.

We have to do stupid cyber security training. That's annoying. Try to log in, there's a saved password with my ID#, but it doesn't work. Look up my password file, enter the password, says invalid. After a couple of tries, it locks me out. Annoying. But it's all part of a greater annoyance.

We have to remember the following passwords, most of which must be changed periodically (the main one must be changed every 3 months, don't know how long the others last)

1. Main network pw
    2. Timecard program pw
    3. Billing software pw
    4. Google drive PW
    5. HR benefits pw
    6. Payroll system pw
    7. HSA Bank pw
    8. Retirement benefits pw
    9. Colorado courts pw
    10. federal courts pw
    11. Cyber security training portal pw
    12. Remote depo software pw
    13. Fleet/Car reservation system pw
    14. Slack (for for some editor duties) pw
    15. Westlaw pw

THEN, in the cyber security trainings, they hammer home that you should never write your passwords down in any fashion. And they do not make available any type of password software.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We have to do stupid cyber security training. That's annoying. Try to log in, there's a saved password with my ID#, but it doesn't work. Look up my password file, enter the password, says invalid. After a couple of tries, it locks me out. Annoying. But it's all part of a greater annoyance.

We have to remember the following passwords, most of which must be changed periodically (the main one must be changed every 3 months, don't know how long the others last)

1. Main network pw
    2. Timecard program pw
    3. Billing software pw
    4. Google drive PW
    5. HR benefits pw
    6. Payroll system pw
    7. HSA Bank pw
    9. Colorado courts pw
    10. federal courts pw
    15. Westlaw pw

THEN, in the cyber security trainings, they hammer home that you should never write your passwords down in any fashion. And they do not make available any type of password software.
    You new here?

1. Main network pw
    2. Timecard program pw
    3. Billing software pw
    4. Google drive PW
    5. HR benefits pw
    6. Payroll system pw
    7. HSA Bank pw
    9. Colorado courts pw
    10. federal courts pw
    15. Westlaw pw

Tell your IT dept to go fuck themselves and that you're going to leave all your passwords written on your whiteboard in your office in large block letters until they bless some sort of fucking password manager. FTS.

We have to do stupid cyber security training.
    just prop the server room door?

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Today's annoyance: recruiters. Dude is blowing me up on LinkedIn and will not accept that I don't want to talk to him about new opportunities. Wants to learn about what I do so he can help me in 2 years or so. No I don't really want to have a call with you. Yeah I'm sure. No next week isn't good either. I know cultivating these guys is a good long term strategy but damn can they be annoying when they're new at it and are trying to establish themselves...
    never engage with the recruiters
    even if you need to change jobs at some future point, they will still be there for you as enthusiastically as they were even if you've ignored them for years
    skid luxury

1. Main network pw
    2. Timecard program pw
    3. Billing software pw
    4. Google drive PW
    5. HR benefits pw
    6. Payroll system pw
    7. HSA Bank pw
    9. Colorado courts pw
    10. federal courts pw
    15. Westlaw pw

I think I’ve told this one before, but back when I was a fed, one of the IT guys told me he’d rather we couldn’t get any work done than jeopardize ‘his’ system’s security.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I think I’ve told this one before, but back when I was a fed, one of the IT guys told me he’d rather we couldn’t get any work done than jeopardize ‘his’ system’s security.
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...ter-guy/n11524
    skid luxury

I noticed Slack in Danno's list. I hate that fucking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I noticed Slack in Danno's list. I hate that fucking thing.
    Slack isn't the problem, it's your co-workes. Just be thankful all that doesn't have to be said in an email or (god forbid) in person.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Shit like that is what I’ll never understand about corporate America. I’m pretty damn sure a “training” like that has never added any tangible benefit to anyone.
    Someone got paid to give it and possibly got another step up the management ladder!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Slack isn't the problem, it's your co-workes. Just be thankful all that doesn't have to be said in an email or (god forbid) in person.
    No, it's really Slack. We are being kicked off a perfectly good tool that actually allows one to have a productive workflow. Slack needs a much better interface to be used for what we do. Our adoption of Slack is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Have to credit my IT department for figuring out that allowing us to log into everything with our Microsoft login is the way to go.

On the other hand they insist on populating my start bar with the Computer Settings shortcut and Microsoft Explorer shortcut. Apparently, "lots of people need to use those".

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    With the NPS our IT person(I use that term lightly) had a sign that said "Lack of planning in your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". She would just point at it if you walked in with an issue that needed to be addressed quickly. Then she would tell us to email her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Today's annoyance: recruiters. Dude is blowing me up on LinkedIn and will not accept that I don't want to talk to him about new opportunities. Wants to learn about what I do so he can help me in 2 years or so. No I don't really want to have a call with you. Yeah I'm sure. No next week isn't good either. I know cultivating these guys is a good long term strategy but damn can they be annoying when they're new at it and are trying to establish themselves...
    Recruiters have given up on me but I've had two different guys calling me regularly for 2-3 years now who want to talk to me about my equipment financing needs. Their persistence is impressive as I've never once returned a call or email. What's even more impressive is how they brush off my ignorance of them and talk like I'm their buddy they just want to catch up with. Should I just respond finally and tell them I have no financing needs? Apparently they only need 10 minutes of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah I don't mind Slack itself, it could be more useful if used right. It's the way our company wants us to use it that annoys me. People don't bother to respond to emails - "just slack me instead". Then we have numerous Slack channels which we're expected to follow. It's an enormous distraction and impossible to keep track of where conversations happen if you need to refer back to anything. You could spend your whole day just trying to figure out where everything is being posted between slack and email and the collaboration tools they want us to use. We have so many different groups working on different platforms/operating systems Mac/microsoft/linux that nothing works for everyone. Slack is the 3rd messaging platform we've had. We're on the 3rd phone system too. No idea what iteration of email system we're on but that's been down multiple times for days because IT didn't properly test things before rolling out systems or upgrades company wide.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Have to credit my IT department for figuring out that allowing us to log into everything with our Microsoft login is the way to go.
    I'm all for accessing everything from one login like that until Microsoft gets confused and tries to link your work microsoft account with your personal google account, which it has linked to your personal hotmail/microsoft account, which fucks up your work access. I had that happen recently. I try to never log in to personal accounts while at work but somehow google/microsoft sniffed me out.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    never engage with the recruiters
    even if you need to change jobs at some future point, they will still be there for you as enthusiastically as they were even if you've ignored them for years
    ^This. Talk to them if you're actively looking for a new job (though reaching out to people you actually know is usually better), otherwise ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In CA you can't buy the --20 stuff, so I do the alcohol thing, even in mild Truckee.
    The gas station at the Soda Springs I80 exit has the good stuff.

Was soooo happy to see the new gas station there when I went through a couple of months ago!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    The gas station at the Soda Springs I80 exit has the good stuff.
    Shhhh!

Shit that annoys you

Below zero in Tahoe isn’t that common. Does this -20 stuff really make that much difference?

It’s annoying when I forget to keep it topped off and I get my oil change and the shop just useless their mix

Linux - what a fucking nightmare of incompatible invisible toolbox flavor dysplasia.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Linux - what a fucking nightmare of incompatible invisible toolbox flavor dysplasia.
    Is it still?

You're talking about Linux as a PC desktop, right?

I like Linux. Even as a PC desktop. Windows is incomprehensible to me. I'd prefer an AIX workstation though.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I like Linux. Even as a PC desktop. Windows is incomprehensible to me. I'd prefer an AIX workstation though.

On the windshield shit topic, check this out:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150218_091210.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	303407

Note that it’s frozen solid. Wtf? 32 degrees freeze protection GUARANTEED!

I thought it was winter stuff when I bought it and stuck it in the garage until I needed it in winter.