Page 1149 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 ... LastLast
Results 28,701 to 28,725 of 29039
    Need you one of these

I sometimes think my purpose in life is to take beatings.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Pulled an old man move earlier. Half the basement here is crawl space, and to get into it you use this short little stepladder we keep there for that purpose (the floor of the crawl space is about 4 feet higher than the floor of the basement). There's a panel that fits in the opening to the crawl space. You take the panel out, lean it against the wall, use the stepladder, easy. Done it hundreds of times.

Last night I could hear mice in there so I went to set out some poison (traps are pretty impractical in there). Took the panel out, leaned it against the wall, used the stepladder. Noted that my hip fucking hurts as I was climbing in there.

But, set the poison out, go to go back out. I back out of the opening, don't lift my leg high enough because my hip hurts (hip replacement is in my future), I knock the panel over, it knocks the stepladder over right before my foot gets on it so it's gone and so I fall on my chest on the concrete edge. Fortunately landed about two inches blow my ribs, no cracked ribs is a big plus but fuck it hurts right now. Also smashed my left ring finger in the confusion somehow.

My son's coming over for dinner I have to pretend I'm fine or he'll be all over me for not waiting and letting him do the whole thing. Actually now that I think about it I'm sure my wife will rat me out so at least I won't have to pretend.
    +++Vibes+++ maing

As a man who has cracked ribs on a couch, a door frame, and a fucking wheelbarrow, I can empathize.

Pulled an old man move earlier. Half the basement here is crawl space, and to get into it you use this short little stepladder we keep there for that purpose (the floor of the crawl space is about 4 feet higher than the floor of the basement). There's a panel that fits in the opening to the crawl space. You take the panel out, lean it against the wall, use the stepladder, easy. Done it hundreds of times.

Last night I could hear mice in there so I went to set out some poison (traps are pretty impractical in there). Took the panel out, leaned it against the wall, used the stepladder. Noted that my hip fucking hurts as I was climbing in there.

But, set the poison out, go to go back out. I back out of the opening, don't lift my leg high enough because my hip hurts (hip replacement is in my future), I knock the panel over, it knocks the stepladder over right before my foot gets on it so it's gone and so I fall on my chest on the concrete edge. Fortunately landed about two inches blow my ribs, no cracked ribs is a big plus but fuck it hurts right now. Also smashed my left ring finger in the confusion somehow.

My son's coming over for dinner I have to pretend I'm fine or he'll be all over me for not waiting and letting him do the whole thing. Actually now that I think about it I'm sure my wife will rat me out so at least I won't have to pretend.
    Dude. Should have waited till your son came over. I mean who the fuck wants to deal with mice and poison when there's someone else to do it for you for free
    Last edited by Danno; 10-27-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Here's your excuse to start with the Black Tar, Ice!
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Dude. Should have waited till your son came over. I mean who the fuck wants to deal with nice and poison when there's someone else to do it for you for free
    I was all like dagnabbit I can do it myself, I don't need no whippersnappers trying to help me!!!

Fuck I'm not smart at all.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Naked at the office this year would take it the next level!
    I did a deposition fully naked once.

I was fresh out of law school and had an insanely packed trial schedule. My secretary didn't let me know I was scheduled for this depo. She called me in the morning and said, where the fuck are you, I'm getting a ton of calls. I checked my schedule again, and nothing was on it.

I ended up getting patched in by telephone, but the entire deposition was held with me naked on the other end. I might have even taken my morning shit in the middle of it.

I was all like dagnabbit I can do it myself, I don't need no whippersnappers trying to help me!!!

Fuck I'm not smart at all.
    You sound a lot like my old man.

Trust me a 30/40 something is better off doing these tasks than a 60/70 year old. Itís our job.

Just give us beer/wine after and say thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I was in jury duty all day. 9 people were dismissed for cause because they blatantly and unapologetically said that even if all elements of the crime were proven beyond a reasonable doubt, they would refuse to apply the law. These were all females, and the case was against a male BTW.

6 people were excused because they knew someone who was a victim of sexual assault, and that connection (all just acquaintances) made them unable to apply the law.

They would just "go with their heart, and not the law."

Are you fucking kidding me? This is after those people swore that they would uphold the law.

I've been there trying to field a jury, but I've never seen it this bad. There are so many priceless quotes over the 6 hours that I heard voir dire. I encourage everyone to sit in on a jury selection. It's like a Jerry Springer show.

#mindblown

I got nabbed for duty tomorrow.
    Nice little cold snap and second day of snow in the roads in Denver, should be fun getting there and finding parking. As a self employed person I donít get paid for this.

Are we allowed to bring ham sammiches? I setup ugly canít belive itís nowhere on the FAQ. Who the fuck goes anywhere for a potential 8 hour gig with no food. Been a few times before but canít remember. Doesnít appear to be in the website unless I missed it.

Hip flask - bourbon and ham go well together.

Social Influencers. What a crock of shit.

This guy's reply to a self-important twat asking for free services is great. Does she really think Universal Studios Orlando has increase business because of her?

This hotel’s rejection of a social media ‘influencer’ seeking free accommodation is an all-time classic
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Social Influencers. What a crock of shit.

This guy's reply to a self-important twat asking for free services is great. Does she really think Universal Studios Orlando has increase business because of her?

This hotelís rejection of a social media Ďinfluencerí seeking free accommodation is an all-time classic
    "If any of you attempt to enter our premises from now on, you will be ejected."

Does she really think Universal Studios Orlando has increase business because of her?
    Obviously. I mean she said it's been amazing for them!

Has anyone else noticed how everything is "super" these days? Everyone is "super excited" to do whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how everything is "super" these days? Everyone is "super excited" to do whatever...
    that would be super-annoying
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    that would be super-annoying
    I find it super-irritating, for sure.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 195
Size:  77.8 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Social Influencers. What a crock of shit.... a self-important twat asking for free services...]
    You're upset because no one's approached you yet with a similarly incredible proposal to help further your business.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    °”rale, vato!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    You're upset because no one's approached you yet with a similarly incredible proposal to help further your business.
    Sadly it's not just social media influencers that are so obnoxious about it. When I had my Big Sky business, people come out of the freaking woodwork asking us for free goods and services, promising good exposure or future jobs out of the exchange. All of them were 100% full of shit. Tough life lessons to learn after getting hosed repeatedly. Lol. I can seriously relate to that poor hotel owner from KQ's link because just like him, after too long of trying to get taken advantage of, I got sick of it and finally started putting my foot down and denying people their requests for free shit, and just like him, they'd get super butt hurt about it. Got some minor temper tantrums when I'd have to explain that I was literally in the process of going under and thus could not accommodate their asinine requests. These rich assholes would be like "But what am I gonna do?! I have XYZ event this week!" I was like "Well, you can pay us like you would have to anyone else, or you're free to use any of my competitors. Here are their numbers. Now kindly GFY." The nerve of some people. Always trying to take advantage of the struggling young entrepreneurs. Sheesh...

But yeah, social influencers are a bunch of narcissistic, self-entitled twats that just can't go away soon enough. A true scourge on society if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Hip flask - bourbon and ham go well together.
    Oooo so that’s why there’s plastic flash’s. Si si.
    Just dodged a 5 day trial by the skin of my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Sadly it's not just social media influencers that are so obnoxious about it. When I had my Big Sky business, people come out of the freaking woodwork asking us for free goods and services, promising good exposure or future jobs out of the exchange. All of them were 100% full of shit.
    I figure anyone is within their rights to asks anyone else for free shit, and the person being asked for the free shit is equally within their rights to tell them to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Sadly it's not just social media influencers that are so obnoxious about it. When I had my Big Sky business, people come out of the freaking woodwork asking us for free goods and services, promising good exposure or future jobs out of the exchange. All of them were 100% full of shit. Tough life lessons to learn after getting hosed repeatedly. Lol. I can seriously relate to that poor hotel owner from KQ's link because just like him, after too long of trying to get taken advantage of, I got sick of it and finally started putting my foot down and denying people their requests for free shit, and just like him, they'd get super butt hurt about it. Got some minor temper tantrums when I'd have to explain that I was literally in the process of going under and thus could not accommodate their asinine requests. These rich assholes would be like "But what am I gonna do?! I have XYZ event this week!" I was like "Well, you can pay us like you would have to anyone else, or you're free to use any of my competitors. Here are their numbers. Now kindly GFY." The nerve of some people. Always trying to take advantage of the struggling young entrepreneurs. Sheesh...

But yeah, social influencers are a bunch of narcissistic, self-entitled twats that just can't go away soon enough. A true scourge on society if you ask me.
    Rich assholes like tRump. He has a history of not paying for goods and services.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I figure anyone is within their rights to asks anyone else for free shit, and the person being asked for the free shit is equally within their rights to tell them to fuck off.
    Can I have a powder skirt?
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Can I have a powder skirt?
    Fuck off.