Page 1149 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 ... LastLast
Results 28,701 to 28,725 of 45938
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ...I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

I don't think she'd ever heard some of the words I called her.
    Entitlement. Entitled people are annoying as shit.

Intelligent and thoughtful?
    I still call it The Jake.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Intelligent and thoughtful?
    I expect so, though with the thick British accent they probably sounded more like “ignorant fucking cunt.”

I get a little salty when somebody parks in front of my house, but I’m aware of my unreasonable crabbiness and try to correct. My next door neighbor parks in front of my house all summer and when I see him not there I have a strong urge to move my car from my driveway to his spot.

But I don’t need any passive aggressive battles with those neighbors. Fully engaged on the other side.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I expect so, though with the thick British accent
    You new around here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You new around here?
    Yeah, I’m the new guy.

Jokes. I have no idea how you talk and I do not care.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I miss tags on my fruit of the loom t-shirts. I like to be able to put them on in the dark and without a tag it's really hard to tell front from back.
    Same with the last batch of boxers I bought but they have a tag on both the front and the back. Have to feel for the crotch which should be fool proof but I still seem to get them on backwards half the time. Whose dumb fucking idea was it to put two tags in them? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.
    We just hired a new admin assistant for our office. HR in all its wisdom decided she would be a 1099 independent contractor. Maybe they can get away with that in Florida but it won't fly in California. Finally got that corrected today. Side note, the candidate just graduated with a degree in HR and business management. Should I be disappointed she didn't call the company out on that herself?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can't they just put a folding chair in the street like those Yinzer clowns in Pittsburgh?
    Ay! Worch yer mauth jagoff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It always seems to me that there's a different rule for streets with no sidewalk and the gravel patch between street and property.

A Curb and sidewalk? Those are fair game.

I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

regarding the gravel area--depends where the property lines are, but chances are that gravel is still public ROW and just as legal as if there were a curb. In the Nextdoor conversation I referred to one commenter made the excellent observation that it is up to the city council or the HOA or whoever is in charge to make rules; individuals don't get to make their own rules and if they want their rule to apply to everyone they need to convince the authorities to enact it. In the absence of formal rules different people have different ideas of what is polite and considerate.

In Truckee we have such a gravel area but most of it is on our property (surveyed). When people (next door short term renters, who usually people but sometimes subhuman) park there they generally leave when asked, only had to call a tow truck once. Nowadays we keep poles up to keep people from parking there. Parking on other people's property (not talking about on the public ROW) is endemic in our neighborhood. What's really fun is when the idiot weekly renters park in our driveway because there's no parking place plowed for the rental. The fact that now our plow service can't properly plow us doesn't seem to concern them.

Ah, the joys of living in an area with a lot of short term rentals . . . but I wouldn't live anywhere else. The little aggravations are far outweighed by the pleasure of living in Eden, at least until it all burns down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.
    IRS, not the state. They don’t fuck around with that shit. When I worked for a general contractor, we’d get levy notices on our subs - Billy Bob Construction owes $200k in payroll taxes and penalties because IRS classified all his 1099 IC’s as W2 employees , you pay anything due to the IRS, not Billy Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

That used to happen to me regularly when I lived in the Sugarhood in SLC. Not for dog walking but for the fireworks. The house was within 10 minutes of the park where they set off the biggest show in the valley and people would invariably insist that driveways were fair game once the street parking was taken. I'd have to make sure to park at the very edge of the driveway if I wanted to go anywhere that night since asshats would start their invasion around 5pm then get stuck until midnight trying to navigate a massively traffic-jammed neighborhood. Since the Mos have their own holiday in July it would happen twice that month. One year I walked home to find 3 fucking cars in my driveway and people with camping chairs on the street and in my front yard. Had to team up with neighbors on each side to get them to GTFO and you'd have thought we were actively destroying their dreams. They didn't even have kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    That used to happen to me regularly when I lived in the Sugarhood in SLC. Not for dog walking but for the fireworks. The house was within 10 minutes of the park where they set off the biggest show in the valley and people would invariably insist that driveways were fair game once the street parking was taken. I'd have to make sure to park at the very edge of the driveway if I wanted to go anywhere that night since asshats would start their invasion around 5pm then get stuck until midnight trying to navigate a massively traffic-jammed neighborhood. Since the Mos have their own holiday in July it would happen twice that month. One year I walked home to find 3 fucking cars in my driveway and people with camping chairs on the street and in my front yard. Had to team up with neighbors on each side to get them to GTFO and you'd have thought we were actively destroying their dreams. They didn't even have kids...

Living on Donner Lake we don't go anywhere on the 4th. Good excuse to smoke a brisket all day.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's how I felt inside.
    Coming out of the house wearing underwear and a beer is as efficient as the flame thrower in UT though...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Living on Donner Lake we don't go anywhere on the 4th. Good excuse to smoke a brisket all day.
    Brisket, rigggghhht.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I have no idea how you talk and I do not care.
    Clearly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Shit that annoys you

Clearly...
    What fucking ever. Sorry you’re triggered, dude. Didn’t mean any disrespect or insult. It was a play on “pardon my French” except you have Brit in your username.

Now fuck off with your thin skin.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Brisket, rigggghhht.
    Fuck smoking, paging Bobby Baker and melt into the deck chairs after far too many hippie speedballs.

I've been waiting on Southwest to resume flights from Newark to either CO or UT since they grounded the 737 max early in the year. Tonight I check on a flight for my mom to visit my brother in Austin and when I type in Newark it comes up as invalid. Somehow I was asleep at the wheel and didn't hear that SW will not fly out of Newark to anywhere anymore. WTF, now I gotta visit the credit card thread on here and get one that I can use for other airlines.

huh, interesting they pulled out of EWR. They have 3 surrounding Boston, 3 surrounding DC, but only 2 in NY and they're both on Long Island.

the work ethic at my office.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    huh, interesting they pulled out of EWR. They have 3 surrounding Boston, 3 surrounding DC, but only 2 in NY and they're both on Long Island.
    I wish they'd hurry up and serve BTV. Albany and Manchester are the closest.

Gas tanks that you fill from the right/passenger side of the car.
    WTF, annoying (unless someone is riding bitch, of course)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Copied:
    “Of course it is on the right side for right handle vehicles. So, the basic explanation for why the fuel filler should be placed on the passenger's side has to do with safety when, say, filling a car on the side of the road from a gas can.”
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Gas tanks that you fill from the right/passenger side of the car.
    WTF, annoying (unless someone is riding bitch, of course)
    Ya, no end of confusion in our house. Two vehicles on the left, one on the right. Most gas stations do not have a long enough hose. Costco does, but they don't sell gas, yet, in VT.

Almost all cars have a little arrow on the gas gauge that points toward the side of the car where the filler is...